And people still defend this manager

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

You've literally just proven your 'spending the most money gives you the most adavantage' isn't true then

lol

Not at all.

Every player they signed, he could have got.

Every player we signed, they couldn’t have got.

Its not a difficult concept to grasp and trying to argue that’s not an advantage is like trying to argue against gravity.

Thats why, throughout football, everywhere in the World the correlation between budget and success is so aligned.

• Thanks 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
2 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Agree with some of this, but let’s not revert to blaming officials for our shortcomings.  First goal might have been marginally offside but more about rank bad defending in my opinion.

We don’t have any defenders, it’s not going to be amazing defending I wouldn’t have thought. 

1 minute ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

Not at all.

Every player they signed, he could have got.

Every player we signed, they couldn’t have got.

Its not a difficult concept to grasp and trying to argue that’s not an advantage is like trying to argue against gravity.

Thats why, throughout football, everywhere in the World the correlation between budget and success is so aligned.

In some cases yeah I agree

But I don't think it's correct to suggest that simply spending more money gets you guaranteed success

I dunno mate - I'm fairly easy about things right now 

I still can't see Chansiri sacking him though

Owlstalk Shop

Guest DoesJackHunt
Just now, Mr. Christmas said:

Manager is a M.O.N.G

You’re not being very Christmassy Mr Christmas.

you should call yourself Mr Grinchy pants 🩲 

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If he was offside, then our offside trap worked, didn't it?

Come on, I read your posts, you’re better than that.  It was poor defending pure and simple.  If your offside trap is dependent on a linesman picking up on something so marginal then it’s not really working at all is it.  

• Like 1

We have no defenders 

And that's because the manager thought it was a good idea to sign any winger that's available 

Then guess what he doesn't even play them 

Only moore and his delusional backers would go into a season with 

Iorfa (previously out injured )

Dunkly (crock)

Hutchinson (crock)

Palmer (not a cb)

Hunt (still rubbish)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Football fans can be quite funny in how predictably irate they get about almost anything less than unattainable perfection. It's like having an old Action Man with the drawstring in his back - he is only ever capable of saying the same things over and over again no matter what the circumstances might be. And yet some remain utterly bemused that they are not taken seriously despite their reactions reflecting all the contemplation and sophistication of a light switch.

Of the 92 teams in the top four divisions, I wonder how many of them see a sustained barrage of disapproval against the manager in the course of an average season? 40? 50? 60? So half or more of those clubs are all being run shambolically? Really? Even the team currently 4th in the Premier League just a few weeks ago were supposedly destined to failure due to the ineptitude of the man in charge, so where did he suddenly come by the 'secret'? My particular favourite is when students, software engineers and car mechanics tell people paid small fortunes for decades where they are going wrong by way of simple, cliched soundbites. Well get this - if all the clubs in a division do the same things, no matter how brilliant they are, one will still finish top and another bottom. 

And this same routine plays out EVERY single season. The only thing that changes is the frequency and ferocity of the attacks. That in itself tells you what's really happening. Managers aren't worse than they were in the 1980s for instance. In all likelihood, they are actually far better. As a society we are becoming more selfish, insular, impatient, unforgiving, demanding and just so bloody angry all the time. 

Sheffield Wednesday having a good season in the 3rd division of English football is not “unattainable perfection”. It should be an absolute minimum standard. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

In some cases yeah I agree

But I don't think it's correct to suggest that simply spending more money gets you guaranteed success

I dunno mate - I'm fairly easy about things right now 

I still can't see Chansiri sacking him though

I’m not trying to be argumentative.

I agree spending the most money doesn’t guarantee success, it gives you the best chance.

And if you’re the manager given the best chance and you’re 8th at the halfway stage, in football you’ll get sacked 90% of the time.

Whether Chansiri will? Not sure, but he’s hardly been bullet shy before.

Just now, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

I’m not trying to be argumentative.

I agree spending the most money doesn’t guarantee success, it gives you the best chance.

And if you’re the manager given the best chance and you’re 8th at the halfway stage, in football you’ll get sacked 90% of the time.

Whether Chansiri will? Not sure, but he’s hardly been bullet shy before.

Yeah I know you're not mate - likewise too

To be fair Chansiri has every right to make the call if he wants to and would be justified if he sacked him

I would honestly be really surprised if he did though this time

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop