Behind Closed Doors?

1 hour ago, Tony Pulis said:

With another Premier League game postponed today, it' feels more and more likely by day that our games will start to be called off and a general rule of behind closed doors introduced (at least for the winter).

What are people's thoughts on this? Obviously I would be devastated to miss matches and the whole hassle of refunds have to occur again.

I am just happy I didn't pay for my season ticket 9 months in advance.

😁😁

If it keeps people safe then I am all for it.

6 minutes ago, hopevalleyowl said:

People and some politicians need to stop stamping their feet and objecting to public health measures acting like toddlers just because they don’t like it.

It’s shiiite for all of us but we need to be grown up about it and accept that things will be different for the next few years  

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

That's something i heard 2 years ago

You must have other sources than I have. I've never heard that.

The reason I think that it will end quickly is because most people are going to get it. It's matematics really. The Government said there may already be 200,000 people getting infected by it each day. They may be right but lets be conservative and say 20,000. We know it is doubling the numbers infected per day every 2.5 days, again lets be conservative and say every 3 days. (it makes the maths easier.

15/12  - 20,000 per day

18/12   -40,000

21/12   -80,000

24/12   -160,000

27/12    -320,000

30/12    -640,000

2/1         -1,280,000

5/1          -2,520,000

8/1          -5, 040,000 infections per day

I'll not go any further because it is already apparent that by the end of January there won't be anyone left to infect.

I know real life is never a simple ar theoretical calculations but I'm sure most people can see why I don't think this variant is goint to cause a long term wave.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Good luck to anyone who just handed over hundreds of pounds to renew a season ticket that they can’t use till next summer, by renewing it just four months into the current one - good luck on your refund applications 

Some are still waiting from 2019 for theirs 

Exactly why I’m not renewing.

• Like 2

Regardless of what should or shouldn't happen, Johnson wont and cant take further lockdown measures because the extreme right wing of the Tories wont let him. And they have a point this time.

Im triple jabbed and wear a mask everywhere but IF this variant isnt life threatening, I dont want another lockdown. Im prepared to take the risk for a relatively normal life.

If the NHS is getting overwhelmed its the vulnerable that have to be protected and anti vaxxers freedoms restricted so they dont harm others. 

Whats the alternative? Stay at home for three months every year?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

55 minutes ago, hopevalleyowl said:

People and some politicians need to stop stamping their feet and objecting to public health measures acting like toddlers just because they don’t like it.

It’s shiiite for all of us but we need to be grown up about it and accept that things will be different for the next few years  

Feel free to keep hiding behind your sofa if it makes you happy. Some of us actually quite like going places and meeting family and friends, and that exactly what i will continue to do , just as i have since this started. 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Nero said:

Regardless of what should or shouldn't happen, Johnson wont and cant take further lockdown measures because the extreme right wing of the Tories wont let him. And they have a point this time.

They certainly do have a point , a massive one, 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Nero said:

Im triple jabbed and wear a mask everywhere but IF this variant isnt life threatening, I dont want another lockdown. Im prepared to take the risk for a relatively normal life.

If the NHS is getting overwhelmed its the vulnerable that have to be protected and anti vaxxers freedoms restricted so they dont harm others. 

Whats the alternative? Stay at home for three months every year?

From what I understand this variant IS life threatening but perhaps not to so many people. Like you I’m triple jabbed and if I get it I hope it would be like getting flu. But if almost the whole population is going to get it over the next few months then it stands to reason a huge number of people would be hospitalised, and that’s the issue. Heard a frightening stat a couple of weeks ago, before this new variant took hold - 25% of all ICU beds in UK filled with COVID sufferers - of those 25%, 9 out of 10 were unvaccinated. In London almost 1 in 3 people are unvaccinated. How do you police those that won’t comply ? The lack of availability of ICU beds for everyday emergencies such as heart attacks could be frightening. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, doubleo said:

How do you police those that won’t comply ? 

Easy…if people won’t comply and in effect don’t trust the NHS then as they keep banging on, they have a right of choice

So let’s go with that….the anti Vaxers don’t trust the NHS…..log em out then……doctors, dentists, a&e the lot…….you don’t trust the NHS so when you’ve been run over by a bus make sure people know to ring for a private ambulance and take you to private healthcare somewhere

• Like 4

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Feel free to keep hiding behind your sofa if it makes you happy. Some of us actually quite like going places and meeting family and friends, and that exactly what i will continue to do , just as i have since this started. 

You are a fool.It’s attitudes like yours that make restrictions more often and last longer.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, doubleo said:

From what I understand this variant IS life threatening but perhaps not to so many people. Like you I’m triple jabbed and if I get it I hope it would be like getting flu. But if almost the whole population is going to get it over the next few months then it stands to reason a huge number of people would be hospitalised, and that’s the issue. Heard a frightening stat a couple of weeks ago, before this new variant took hold - 25% of all ICU beds in UK filled with COVID sufferers - of those 25%, 9 out of 10 were unvaccinated. In London almost 1 in 3 people are unvaccinated. How do you police those that won’t comply ? The lack of availability of ICU beds for everyday emergencies such as heart attacks could be frightening. 

Idiots who haven't been and refuse to be  vaccinated should be at the back of the queue if you ask me

• Like 4