Behind Closed Doors?

1 hour ago, Shetland Owl said:

Yes can see this happening, this Saturday may be the last with crowds before playing behind closed doors.

I think another period of no fans will kill a lot of clubs off. A lot have not recovered from the last lockdown financially. A repeat will be the final nail for some clubs.

• Like 3

Guest LondonOwl313
6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

For those who want to know, Londonowl (alleged member of Mensa) has been advocating the mass culling of old people in the dedicated COVID thread. 

And for those who don’t know SiJ gets in a melodramatic flap about everything and is scared of his own shadow. Pathetic 

Guest LondonOwl313
9 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Unless you are suggesting I'm "scared" of COVID lol

Whenever you post I always imagine your Simpsons profile pic is you in real life in a flap about everything lol 

6 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

What’s the hard data though.. last year before the vaccination programme they were saying that 7% of over 70s had issues, so 93% chance they’d be fine. And then as you drop down the age groups it gets less and less.

Post vaccination I’d assume this is way lower otherwise what was the point of it all.

There will always be new variants of this virus, it’s how viruses work. So if we end up locked down which is what a lot of people seem to want, then that’s going to be what happens continuously.

Its quite simple really.. if someone is scared of the virus despite having 3 jabs then they can choose to stay home, don’t have any social contact and do all their shopping online etc. That way they’re not catching it. The rest of us can just get on with our lives then.

Yes, there will  be new variants and covid will eventually become endemic. But we aren’t there yet and letting it rip is not good for those most vulnerable, and isn’t good for the NHS as it becomes overwhelmed (actually it already is overwhelmed) which not good for any of us. 

7 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

What’s the hard data though.. last year before the vaccination programme they were saying that 7% of over 70s had issues, so 93% chance they’d be fine. And then as you drop down the age groups it gets less and less.

Post vaccination I’d assume this is way lower otherwise what was the point of it all.

There will always be new variants of this virus, it’s how viruses work. So if we end up locked down which is what a lot of people seem to want, then that’s going to be what happens continuously.

Its quite simple really.. if someone is scared of the virus despite having 3 jabs then they can choose to stay home, don’t have any social contact and do all their shopping online etc. That way they’re not catching it. The rest of us can just get on with our lives then.

Nobody WANTS lockdowns.

What do we do about NHS and Care workers? If we don’t tighten restrictions it’ll run thru those two sectors and then what?

It’s early to be thinking of this, and it’s not important in the scheme of things where people’s health is in danger, but I wonder what’ll happen to the Nov-Dec World Cup.

Countries have already re-jigged their top-flight leagues next season to fit in a 6 week Winter break. When Footie shuts down for a month or more when this Omicron tidal-wave hits there’ll be conflicting pressures on the footballing authorities that would be hard to deal with.

Plus, we now know that Winter 2022 is quite likely to be hit by this awful virus, just like 2020 and 2021. Imagine if the WC was this Winter - it’d be cancelled 100%.

Edited by Holmowl

39 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

It’s early to be thinking of this, and it’s not important in the scheme of things where people’s health is in danger, but I wonder what’ll happen to the Nov-Dec World Cup.

Countries have already re-jigged their top-flight leagues next season to fit in a 6 week Winter break. When Footie shuts down for a month or more when this Omicron tidal-wave hits there’ll be conflicting pressures on the footballing authorities that would be hard to deal with.

Plus, we now know that Winter 2022 is quite likely to be hit by this awful virus, just like 2020 and 2021. Imagine if the WC was this Winter - it’d be cancelled 100%.

They cancelled the euros I guess. Don’t see why they couldn’t delay the World Cup if needed.

4 minutes ago, wiggy said:

They cancelled the euros I guess. Don’t see why they couldn’t delay the World Cup if needed.

I guess the bigger issue is how on earth do we have a mid-Winter World Cup any year soon? 

And now they’ve built 8 world-leading stadia in a country the size of Coventry the lawyers will be reading the small-print.

10 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I guess the bigger issue is how on earth do we have a mid-Winter World Cup any year soon? 

And now they’ve built 8 world-leading stadia in a country the size of Coventry the lawyers will be reading the small-print.

Yeah, agreed. It’s not as easy to slot it in. I guess if it’s done early enough they could push back the winter breaks a year and continue with the domestic fixture list.

It’s a logistical and legal nightmare I guess like you say.

1 minute ago, wiggy said:

Yeah, agreed. It’s not as easy to slot it in. I guess if it’s done early enough they could push back the winter breaks a year and continue with the domestic fixture list.

It’s a logistical and legal nightmare I guess like you say.

It’s almost like giving it to Qatar was a questionable decision. 

Im sure there were millions of good reasons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, morganowl said:

Explain why scotland what has had strict mask rules for last 5 months has as high or higher rates than us then? Its an absolute myth . If u dont want to catch it stay indoors or keep at least 2 metres away , avoid bus shops indoor areas , if u think a piece of cloth works then why are 60 first bus drivers off in sheffield what have to wear a mask?. 

Because the bus drivers masks protects the passengers, the passengers masks protect the drivers but they are often not worn properly or at all "by the amazingly high number of people  who are are or pretend to be exempt '

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ian said:

Easy…if people won’t comply and in effect don’t trust the NHS then as they keep banging on, they have a right of choice

So let’s go with that….the anti Vaxers don’t trust the NHS…..log em out then……doctors, dentists, a&e the lot…….you don’t trust the NHS so when you’ve been run over by a bus make sure people know to ring for a private ambulance and take you to private healthcare somewhere

What about fat people should they be denied treatment because they chose to eat poo? Smokers, drug addicts, alcoholics? Same for them. You could actually solve all the NHSs problems with that sort of thinking. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, morganowl said:

Explain why scotland what has had strict mask rules for last 5 months has as high or higher rates than us then? Its an absolute myth . If u dont want to catch it stay indoors or keep at least 2 metres away , avoid bus shops indoor areas , if u think a piece of cloth works then why are 60 first bus drivers off in sheffield what have to wear a mask?. 

Why are you posting dangerous sheite mate?

ONS latest data:-

Scotland 1 in 80

England 1 in 60

A month ago it was even more pronounced.

I’ll listen to the world’s experts, not you. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

What about fat people should they be denied treatment because they chose to eat poo? Smokers, drug addicts, alcoholics? Same for them. You could actually solve all the NHSs problems with that sort of thinking. 

Generally speaking the people you describe are only damaging theirselves and aren’t selfish cvvvnts who are responsible for killing others

• Love 2
  • Haha 3