Behind Closed Doors?

19 hours ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

It ends with us all having Herd Immunity in about 3 months and life returns to as near normal as possible (politicians permitting). 

All viruses weaken over time it took 2 and a half years for Spanish flue to die back each mutation should be weaker from now on. 

It would help if everyone just got vaccinated 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Understand why tomorrow games been called off and if after that games are behind closed doors.

Probably would be for the best.

But I really hope the club is a bit better at doing the refunds this time around.

The problem with a move to play games behind closed doors after the last lockdown is this time round you’ll start to see national league and some lower league clubs going bust.

There is money in the Premier League but that wouldn’t be offered without huge strings attached (like last time), therefore making Covid a great opportunity for the top clubs to tighten their strangle hold on the English game.

It’s a very fine balancing act and I don’t envy anyone having to make these decisions.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

With another Premier League game postponed today, it' feels more and more likely by day that our games will start to be called off and a general rule of behind closed doors introduced (at least for the winter).

What are people's thoughts on this? Obviously I would be devastated to miss matches and the whole hassle of refunds have to occur again.

Sadly seems inevitable....and would potentially put the viability of the Club at stake,together with many others..

We have to find a way of getting our lives back,and living with this disease.....

Every Year there will be a 'new' variant.....personally i am sick of the 'jabs' was very ill after my booster(3rd jab) and now there is talk of a 4th.....

Ime done with the 'jabs' now and even pressure for children to have them..passports to get into match's & God knows where ....

Its sh*t....Cant speak for others but i started to feel depressed again when the mask wearing  and other measures came in....My youngest was very depressed during previous Covid measures ..where will it all end?

31 minutes ago, akbuk said:

All viruses weaken over time it took 2 and a half years for Spanish flue to die back each mutation should be weaker from now on. 

It would help if everyone just got vaccinated 

But 80% of people are vaccinated....some 30% quoted as  having 'booster'..others have had Covid so have anti bodies.....yet today Whitty was on tv saying we could have more people hospitalised with this version than with previous ones....

So what was the point of vaccination than?  If we are facing the same or more people in hospital,who knows how many deaths?  

I have had 3 jabs,but have had reactions....dont know who to believe any more...

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
7 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Nobody WANTS lockdowns.

What do we do about NHS and Care workers? If we don’t tighten restrictions it’ll run thru those two sectors and then what?

We need herd immunity.. let it rip through and then it’s over

48 minutes ago, Skyline said:

I don't see how they cannot put games behind closed doors.

We're told to be careful, told to not attend large gatherings etc etc.

How can you then allow 10's of thousands of people into football stadiums?

Because those tens of thousands will have an app.

An app that stops Covid from transmitting to others.

Something like that anyway.

15 minutes ago, parajack said:

But 80% of people are vaccinated....some 30% quoted as  having 'booster'..others have had Covid so have anti bodies.....yet today Whitty was on tv saying we could have more people hospitalised with this version than with previous ones....

So what was the point of vaccination than?  If we are facing the same or more people in hospital,who knows how many deaths?  

I have had 3 jabs,but have had reactions....dont know who to believe any more...

The point of vaccinations is that without them ten times as many people would be getting ill and ten times as many dying.

If everyone was jabbed and boosted we would be closer to making this thing into just another disease.

The jab reactions can be nasty but at least they are short lived. I have two mates who have very serious long term issues after having Covid last March. One was in a coma for 50 days.

Feel for you and your kids mate. Its tough but these are things that communities have to get through together. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

It ends with us all having Herd Immunity in about 3 months and life returns to as near normal as possible (politicians permitting). 

Check out Chris Witty..Pitt you’re not advising the NHS and Government 

18 hours ago, hopevalleyowl said:

People and some politicians need to stop stamping their feet and objecting to public health measures acting like toddlers just because they don’t like it.

It’s shiiite for all of us but we need to be grown up about it and accept that things will be different for the next few years  

Overall I agree with that. But so many of these measures just don't make sense, are inconsistent, don't 'follow the science' and blatantly aren't followed by the people enforcing them.

That's hard to accept 

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Can you please state your qualification for reaching such a conclusion. 

It’s basic logic.. we have good prevention against severe disease, Whitty et al are saying that.. that was the whole point of the vaccination programme.

Plus Omicron is a more mild variant, that’s the evidence.

Let it rip through, everyone has it and then recovers and we’re good, it won’t spread anymore. Restrictions just delay the inevitable and don’t solve the problem, ruining the economy and everyone’s mental health in the process.

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

It’s basic logic.. we have good prevention against severe disease, Whitty et al are saying that.. that was the whole point of the vaccination programme.

Let it rip through, everyone has it and then recovers and we’re good, it won’t spread anymore. Restrictions just delay the inevitable and don’t solve the problem, ruining the economy and everyone’s mental health in the process.

Well, I think we've all established you deal in the most basic of logic. 

Whitty was on the tv last night encouraging people to not socailise unless they really felt the need to do so. Perhaps best not to make outright lies when trying to back up your point. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Forget the economy, it's going to ruin it anyway with staff shortages. It'll be lockdown by proxy.

• Like 1

I mean the problem with just letting it "rip through" is our NHS may well not have the capacity to deal with x amount of people getting so sick that they have to occupy a hospital bed for a sustained period of time. 

But you know, that's just basic knowledge and Chris Witty said we should all get tanked up and attend raves or something. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nero said:

The point of vaccinations is that without them ten times as many people would be getting ill and ten times as many dying.

If everyone was jabbed and boosted we would be closer to making this thing into just another disease.

The jab reactions can be nasty but at least they are short lived. I have two mates who have very serious long term issues after having Covid last March. One was in a coma for 50 days.

Feel for you and your kids mate. Its tough but these are things that communities have to get through together. 

Is that an official statistic? I haven't heard that before. 

32 minutes ago, parajack said:

Omnicrom is a mutation. The original vaccinations aren't as effective against it. So, everyone who can should get the booster, which is the same level as effective vs Omnicrom as the other vaccinations were against the original variant. Believe the scientists. Believe Chris Witty. Just take anything any MP tells you with a pinch of salt and don't look on the internet. Opinions ARE NOT the same as facts and thats all you find on it. 

Guest LondonOwl313
10 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I mean the problem with just letting it "rip through" is our NHS may well not have the capacity to deal with x amount of people getting so sick that they have to occupy a hospital bed for a sustained period of time. 

But you know, that's just basic knowledge and Chris Witty said we should all get tanked up and attend raves or something. 

Chris Whitty is a good guy, he gives you the basic facts and gives his opinions on what he thinks is right. But his primary concern is ‘protect the NHS’. That’s not the main thing for me and a lot of other people

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Chris Whitty is a good guy, he gives you the basic facts and gives his opinions on what he thinks is right. But his primary concern is ‘protect the NHS’. That’s not the main thing for me and a lot of other people

What you mean is: Chris Witty is an expert, but I choose to ignore him because it doesn't suit me. 

To find out you don't give a f00k about the NHS is hardly a shock really.