Behind Closed Doors?

With another Premier League game postponed today, it' feels more and more likely by day that our games will start to be called off and a general rule of behind closed doors introduced (at least for the winter).

What are people's thoughts on this? Obviously I would be devastated to miss matches and the whole hassle of refunds have to occur again.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

What would you suggest happens?

I don't know but Jesus, when does this end? 2 years and 3 vaccinations later we are still talking about closing stadiums to fans etc. 

I'm not arguing with anyone but it's just so frustrating

• Like 4

Guest mrbluesky
11 minutes ago, Halifax Owls said:

Boosters every month, minimum 3 masks and watch it on i-follow from our bedrooms? 

As I thought 🙄

Guest mrbluesky
10 minutes ago, poite said:

I don't know but Jesus, when does this end? 2 years and 3 vaccinations later we are still talking about closing stadiums to fans etc. 

I'm not arguing with anyone but it's just so frustrating

Fair point, the problem/fear is that the experts are worried that a variant comes along and wipes out millions, possibly more.

The crux of it is, nobody knows enough for everyone to go about their normal lives, atm.

Would all depend on government. I don't think the FA, Premier League or EFL will be deciding to ban fans on their own accord. If the government stop large gatherings then they will have no choice.

However, it will be a while away as they will want to see how the introduction of covid passes does first.

It isn't anywhere near the levels of the last stoppage so I can't see the leagues being called off yet.

This wave of omicron might get very bad because of the number of infections. There will be a massive spike if the current projections are true,. I can see a lot of things being affected because people aren't allowed to work while infectious. if we already have a shortage of HGV drivers and deliveries are erratic, imagine what will happen if 15 - 20% are off sick. Football will be affected like everything else.

It shouldn't last long though, it will probably wash through the whole of the population in a couple of months.