Behind Closed Doors?

11 hours ago, Ian said:

Easy…if people won’t comply and in effect don’t trust the NHS then as they keep banging on, they have a right of choice

So let’s go with that….the anti Vaxers don’t trust the NHS…..log em out then……doctors, dentists, a&e the lot…….you don’t trust the NHS so when you’ve been run over by a bus make sure people know to ring for a private ambulance and take you to private healthcare somewhere

I’m with you on this but you know there isn’t a politician with the b@lls to do it. I’m just waiting for the anti vaccine, anti COVID passport crews to start rioting - I think this weekend is likely as the weather’s not going to be too cold for the precious little darlings.

The anti-restriction fools think that because Omicron MIGHT be milder we can just carry on. What is it…”stop hiding behind the sofa”?

Whats your brilliant plan when weve a massive shortage on doctors, dentists, nurses, care-workers, drivers, refuge collectors, shop-workers, police, firemen, distribution workers…etc etc etc ……...over and after Christmas?

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Ian said:

Easy…if people won’t comply and in effect don’t trust the NHS then as they keep banging on, they have a right of choice

So let’s go with that….the anti Vaxers don’t trust the NHS…..log em out then……doctors, dentists, a&e the lot…….you don’t trust the NHS so when you’ve been run over by a bus make sure people know to ring for a private ambulance and take you to private healthcare somewhere

I take your point but what about people who smoke, drink to excess or don't take enough exercise?

These people are also not following NHS advice, should they also be denied NHS treatment?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

The anti-restriction fools think that because Omicron MIGHT be milder we can just carry on. What is it…”stop hiding behind the sofa”?

Whats your brilliant plan when weve a massive shortage on doctors, dentists, nurses, care-workers, drivers, refuge collectors, shop-workers, police, firemen, distribution workers…etc etc etc ……...over and after Christmas?

To not attend a venue with 20000 others?

A passport isn't going to stop transmission, and anyone attending the games over Christmas is against the NHS.

We know how bad Covid is, we know what the daily rates are and how they are growing despite their vaccine status.

Anyone attending the games must surely be among the most selfish people on the planet, unless of course they believe an app will stop transmission.

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

What’s the hard data though.. last year before the vaccination programme they were saying that 7% of over 70s had issues, so 93% chance they’d be fine. And then as you drop down the age groups it gets less and less.

Post vaccination I’d assume this is way lower otherwise what was the point of it all.

There will always be new variants of this virus, it’s how viruses work. So if we end up locked down which is what a lot of people seem to want, then that’s going to be what happens continuously.

Its quite simple really.. if someone is scared of the virus despite having 3 jabs then they can choose to stay home, don’t have any social contact and do all their shopping online etc. That way they’re not catching it. The rest of us can just get on with our lives then.

The response to your comment is simple. I know 12 people who died from COVID and 2 others whose health is permanently compromised. I am prepared to miss things and make sacrifices to protect family, friends and neighbours including wearing a mask which protects YOU not me. With 79,000 new cases yesterday, if only a very small percentage get it badly, it will quickly overwhelm the NHS affecting everyone should you have an accident or be waiting for treatment. It is not just about me, me, me. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Why are you posting dangerous sheite mate?

ONS latest data:-

Scotland 1 in 80

England 1 in 60

A month ago it was even more pronounced.

I’ll listen to the world’s experts, not you. 

Whilst not agreeing with everything. The mask point is valid. 

I'm ex forces, and spent a decade in the chemical industry... 

The standard face masks arnt much more than a placebo. 

The only way your going to stop tge spread of covid through masks. 

Is for everyone to be clean shaven all the time and  by everyone having a face fit full mask and being trained how to use them swapping filters, so they don't get saturated.. If you cough or sneeze in a normal routine lastic strap m2-m5 mask it just blows out of the sides, while it does decrease the consmcentraion, it increases the area spread.. H. E. P. A filters are the way to go. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Generally speaking the people you describe are only damaging theirselves and aren’t selfish cvvvnts who are responsible for killing others

But that wasn’t the point you were making. You said they shouldn’t get treatment because it was their choice.

So now the vaccines are shown to be as low as 20 percent effective against the new strain, does that make them “ selfish c@nts” if they go out? I’m just trying to follow the logic of your argument here.

And I think if you look drug addicts and drunks regularly do damage to other people not just themselves. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Whilst not agreeing with everything. The mask point is valid. 

I'm ex forces, and spent a decade in the chemical industry... 

The standard face masks arnt much more than a placebo. 

The only way your going to stop tge spread of covid through masks. 

Is for everyone to be clean shaven all the time and  by everyone having a face fit full mask and being trained how to use them swapping filters, so they don't get saturated.. If you cough or sneeze in a normal routine lastic strap m2-m5 mask it just blows out of the sides, while it does decrease the consmcentraion, it increases the area spread.. H. E. P. A filters are the way to go. 

But in the absence of perfection…

image.jpeg.8c7c459ce33789f8fb49373281442c7d.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Should also be pointed out that our manager nearly died of this bloody thing, so people being all blasé about it might want to take a step back. 

Yes, for a large percentage of the population, COVID will present itself as feeling a bit sh*t for a week or so, but that's not the case for everyone. 

There are people on here who have posted about their experiences with the thing. Some who have ended up in hospital - even after receiving two doses of the vaccine. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Understand why tomorrow games been called off and if after that games are behind closed doors.

Probably would be for the best.

But I really hope the club is a bit better at doing the refunds this time around.

laughing-laugh.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Good luck to anyone who just handed over hundreds of pounds to renew a season ticket that they can’t use till next summer, by renewing it just four months into the current one - good luck on your refund applications 

Some are still waiting from 2019 for theirs 

Makes me wonder if might not necessarily be a cash flow issue why DC launched the renewal early. Though he did so with the possibility we'd be behind closed doors again and people then being hesitant to renew.

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

You missed off essential workers such as Wetherspoons and Beres

• Haha 1