Club Statement Just now on swfc.co.uk

2 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

Its quite simply against the law. If you didnt have this rule fans would be running on and off the pitch all the time.

Which happened when we beat Wycombe to gain promotion.  I don't remember thousands of people recieving bans.  Why now?

1 minute ago, Salmonbones said:

One person throws a punch?   Suddenly everything escalates

Agreed.  If a fan runs on the pitch, the next is suicide vests surely?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, OohhJohnnyJohnny said:

Who’s this whopper and how does he get away with this attitude? You wouldn’t speak to someone like that in person so don’t do it on here, soft lad. 

The point is valid.

A law is a law, would you text and drive and consider it fine as long as you don't hurt anyone?

Or are you just here to insult people?   Soft lass.

Edited by Salmonbones
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

The point is valid.

A law is a law, would you text and drive and consider it fine as long as you don't hurt anyone?

Or are you just here to insult people?   Soft lass.

Do you break the speed limit when driving?  You never replied to my previous question.  All you could do was use insulting terms.   

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

This is about the club been seen to be doing all they can to in case the EFL have an issue. We are obviously not one of their favourites. Should be easy enough to identify them, if need be.

Agree with this. as the club needed to be seen to do something.

A warning is all that's needed at this point, so people please take note.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Manwë said:

What an absolute over-reaction to a limited event.

Feel sorry for any fan about to get their collar felt for running a few metres on a field of grass belonging to a private company. 

Maybe the club have been put in a position where they need to be seen to be reacting. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm not the bloke you're replying to, but I'm not sure the point you're trying to make is valid.

If I speed and am caught, that's a fair cop, just the same as any fans who get caught running onto the field of play. Once you're caught, you simply have to accept whatever sanctions apply to each incident.

It's no good saying, 'but others speed when you're not looking, officer'.

The only way to ensure you never get banned for entering the field of play is to never enter the field of play.

Look back at the exchangers between myself and Salmonbones, he challenged me, then failed to respond when I challenged back.  I won't call him a hypocrite just yet. 

Nor I am saying that if you are caught then you should be let off, having said that I do think the law in this case is to harsh and it should just be a civil offence.   

• Haha 1