Club Statement Just now on swfc.co.uk

Sheffield Wednesday are reminding supporters of their conduct at all fixtures following unacceptable scenes during our game against Crewe on Saturday.

Numerous visiting supporters invaded the field of play at Gresty Road whilst celebrating goals. This behaviour is fundamentally against the law and contrary to ground regulations at every stadium in the country. These actions are also unsafe, and more so in the current climate.

Whilst the club would never seek to curb regular goal celebrations, we absolutely condemn at all times any supporter leaving the stand and entering the pitch area.

In addition, such actions can significantly impact future ticket allocations for away fixtures.

We are currently liaising with officials from Crewe in a bid to identify those responsible and underline that anyone proven of any offence relating to the above will be subject to strict sanctions in line with EFL and FA regulations including bans from all football stadia.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Hear, hear - no excuses

2 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

No, I have a point.

You do not.

You are basically saying it's right to break the law if someone doesn't get hurt.

I bet you text and drive too, but no harm done as long as you don't crash, eh?   

Prat.

I have never text and driven nor even broke the speed limit, have you broke the speed limit?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

No, I have a point.

You do not.

You are basically saying it's right to break the law if someone doesn't get hurt.

I bet you text and drive too, but no harm done as long as you don't crash, eh?   

Prat.

I never mentioned hurt, I said victim.  For a crime to have been committed surely there has to be a victim.  

It should be nothing more than trespass and left as a civil offence.  The law is an ass at times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Manwë said:

What an absolute over-reaction to a limited event.

Feel sorry for any fan about to get their collar felt for running a few metres on a field of grass belonging to a private company. 

But we have to be seen to be doing the right thing, as far as the EFL are concerned.  We can't be seen to be condoning it at all

• Like 2