Club Statement Just now on swfc.co.uk

4 minutes ago, doubleo said:

What are you talking about ? Ofcourse they will be victims. If 3500 SWFC fans are banned from away matches because of the behaviour of, say 50, they are victims.  All teams respond to the support on the terraces, so without fans, the team will be victims, and because of the possible lack of performance of the team the club and the rest of the 25000 will be victims. All as a result of the actions of 50.  As for your example - ofcourse my guest would be a victim. How would you like it if when visiting a relative some unknown stranger wandered into your relatives garden, say where your kids were playing, and wandered out again ?

It's not a question of like, that is the law.    Someone comes on/in your property and doesn't actually break the law then all you can do is ask them to leave.  

You are only a victim if a law has been broken. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

It's not a question of like, that is the law.    Someone comes on/in your property and doesn't actually break the law then all you can do is ask them to leave.  

You are only a victim if a law has been broken. 

Ok mate, I'm not going to spend any more time trying to convince you of this after this post

If 3500 SWFC fans who regularly follow Wednesday away from home are banned by the EFL because of the behaviour of 50 they have been punished because of the action of others. By definition they are victims of the actions of 50 of their so called fellow Wednesdayites.

They just need to grow up

• Like 3

1 minute ago, doubleo said:

Ok mate, I'm not going to spend any more time trying to convince you of this after this post

If 3500 SWFC fans who regularly follow Wednesday away from home are banned by the EFL because of the behaviour of 50 they have been punished because of the action of others. By definition they are victims of the actions of 50 of their so called fellow Wednesdayites.

Grow up? It’s joy and passion..bore off..as if the EFL are goin to ban us for this lol..it was hardly Oldham...you must be one of those who think the EFL. ‘’have It in for us’

5 minutes ago, doubleo said:

Oh dear ok 

I agree that they should grow up.

The club can't exactly ignore it, can they? 

Yes, all it was is a bunch of numpties enjoying themselves a bit too much, but spectators are not allowed to invade the pitch. That's particularly the  case when you are 48 minutes into a game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

See if you still feel the same if we receive a sanction like fans banned from away matches or reduced allocations. 

Won’t happen.

Even if it did, yes I’d still feel that the only people moaning about this are snowflakes and kill joys.

A few fans get carried away celebrating a goal and suddenly all the miserable old so and so’s are acting like they’ve been smashing up stadiums.lol

So, it is an overreaction, because they, the fans, were merely celebrating a goal. Fair enough.

A few clarifying points, though.

Can we have a little jog and jump on the pitch after every goal then? Or is it only when we score a 2nd?

Does number of stewards factor in at all? What's the threshold of so?

Does the opposition matter, or is any opposition ok?

Can we do it at home, or is it only away fans who can celebrate on the pitch briefly? Does this also include opposition fans at Hillsborough?

Just celebrate in the stands. It isn't rocket science, nor does it detract from the goal that was scored 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Why do fans have to run on the pitch during a game which doesn't really matter? It's  not a top of the table, two matches to go scenario, so stupid.  The rules are there for the safety of all, especially players.

Should the fans have gone on the pitch?  No, they shouldn't.

Did they stop the game from continuing?   No.

Was anyone violated, threatened, abused?  Not as far as I am aware.

Was it good natured?  From all the evidence I have seen, it was.

Taking everything into consideration a warning should be given about future behaviour and left at that.

The posters on here calling for fans to be banned, would you approve of the fans who went on against Wycombe would you approve of them being banned? 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I never mentioned hurt, I said victim.  For a crime to have been committed surely there has to be a victim.  

It should be nothing more than trespass and left as a civil offence.  The law is an ass at times.

So its ok to take a gun out and randomly fire it at people but so long as you dont hit anyone then that's ok is it?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, SettleForADraw said:

Have Wigan had lower allocations after causing actual trouble at both Bolton and Plymouth? 

don't know, but they may in the future, but I don't know...........................

IF the EFL are keeping an eye on us [I don't know that they are] just recently we have had a game that was halted and players had to leave the pitch for what turned out to be fans fighting I am led to believe, [North stand incident the other week]. Yesterday we had soft toys [linesman had to shift a few off the playing surface, did he report this to the ref, again I don't know. The ref made a point of running over to pick up the inflatable [snow man?] and take it over to the 4th official. We had 2 incidents of fans encroaching onto the playing area yesterday, was all this in his match report?  I believe the term is "building a case".

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, lt109 said:

don't know, but they may in the future, but I don't know...........................

IF the EFL are keeping an eye on us [I don't know that they are] just recently we have had a game that was halted and players had to leave the pitch for what turned out to be fans fighting I am led to believe, [North stand incident the other week]. Yesterday we had soft toys [linesman had to shift a few off the playing surface, did he report this to the ref, again I don't know. The ref made a point of running over to pick up the inflatable [snow man?] and take it over to the 4th official. We had 2 incidents of fans encroaching onto the playing area yesterday, was all this in his match report?  I believe the term is "building a case".

Don't forget the sausage roll that could be undoing of us. 

• Haha 2