Club Statement Just now on swfc.co.uk

1 hour ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Bit different when it’s the last game of the season, after full time and you’ve just won promotion.. a one off. Can’t have it where people run on after every goal 

Same thing though, regardless of circumstances.

People on pitch who shouldn't be there.

Its either a yes or no.

Ban 5 or 40 thousand, its still the same thing.

7 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Same thing though, regardless of circumstances.

People on pitch who shouldn't be there.

Its either a yes or no.

Ban 5 or 40 thousand, its still the same thing.

It’s slightly different though isn’t it?

A mass pitch invasion at the end of the season when the game had finished celebrating a promotion, compared to a random one after we go

2-0 up at Crewe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Should the fans have gone on the pitch?  No, they shouldn't.

Did they stop the game from continuing?   No.

Was anyone violated, threatened, abused?  Not as far as I am aware.

Was it good natured?  From all the evidence I have seen, it was.

Taking everything into consideration a warning should be given about future behaviour and left at that.

The posters on here calling for fans to be banned, would you approve of the fans who went on against Wycombe would you approve of them being banned? 

Good post.

• Like 1

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1985/57/section/2

For anyone who has been drunk watching Wednesday.

Hand yourself in fellas.  Do the right thing.  Let's get justice, let's make football safer.

Thank you.

Ps- don't get me started on people standing in seated areas, which is against ground regulations.  Please write to SWFC acknowledging your misbehaviour and breach of contract when you purchased the ticket.  Let's make the ground safer for all.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

Don't remember everyone wanting 40 thousand fans banning for invading the pitch at the Wycombe game in 2012?

Would also guess that people who are asked for them to be punished were also among said 40 thousand.

No, but it was a problem when Crystal Palace away supporters ran onto the pitch, causing home fans to respond, leading to fans and players being assaulted. 

So perhaps, in general, it's not good behaviour to encourage. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

It’s slightly different though isn’t it?

A mass pitch invasion at the end of the season when the game had finished celebrating a promotion, compared to a random one after we go

2-0 up at Crewe.

There is no difference in the eyes of the law they encroached on the pitch that's against the law, you can't have it both ways.  It's either against the law or its not. 

If you are saying that the circumstances should be taken into account, then I would agree with you and would come to the conclusion in both cases the fans were not guilty.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, lt109 said:

don't know, but they may in the future, but I don't know...........................

IF the EFL are keeping an eye on us [I don't know that they are] just recently we have had a game that was halted and players had to leave the pitch for what turned out to be fans fighting I am led to believe, [North stand incident the other week]. Yesterday we had soft toys [linesman had to shift a few off the playing surface, did he report this to the ref, again I don't know. The ref made a point of running over to pick up the inflatable [snow man?] and take it over to the 4th official. We had 2 incidents of fans encroaching onto the playing area yesterday, was all this in his match report?  I believe the term is "building a case".

Isolated incident in the stand away from play, ref obviously thought someone had collapsed. Soft toys? Come on man christ, hardly as if there’s been house bricks launched on the pitch.