Club Statement Just now on swfc.co.uk

Just now, helmut_rooster said:

I have everyday I only go under a 100 when I see a speed camera.

True story that. 

I've heard if you go fast enough the cameras are too slow to catch you, especially if you cover your number plate

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Manwë said:

What an absolute over-reaction to a limited event.

Feel sorry for any fan about to get their collar felt for running a few metres on a field of grass belonging to a private company. 

Why do you feel sorry for them? No one forced them to enter the field of play. They chose to break the law. More than 1500 others managed to contain their excitement and stay in the stand to celebrate the goals. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Look back at the exchangers between myself and Salmonbones, he challenged me, then failed to respond when I challenged back.  I won't call him a hypocrite just yet. 

Nor I am saying that if you are caught then you should be let off, having said that I do think the law in this case is to harsh and it should just be a civil offence.   

I thought banning orders were civil orders?

The rules are what they are, I suppose. If you don't like them, campaign to have them changed before breaking them and risking a ban, I guess.

I'd be surprised if there was a great deal of public support for a campaign to allow fans to invade the field of play, though. It seems a pretty sensible rule, all things considered.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I thought banning orders were civil orders?

The rules are what they are, I suppose. If you don't like them, campaign to have them changed before breaking them and risking a ban, I guess.

I'd be surprised if there was a great deal of public support for a campaign to allow fans to invade the field of play, though. It seems a pretty sensible rule, all things considered.

I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to campaign to allow fans to invade the field of play.

31 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

The club have to be seen to be doing something for the benefit of the EFL.

Realistically though it’s only the snowflakes and kill joys who’ve been moaning about this.

See if you still feel the same if we receive a sanction like fans banned from away matches or reduced allocations. 

• Like 2

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to campaign to allow fans to invade the field of play.

You'd like to think not, wouldn't you?

The rule's not likely to change then.

Those who really want to enter the field of play will just have to take their chances, I suppose.

If people really think the current rules are an ass, the only way to change them is to speak up publicly.

• Like 1

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

You'd like to think not, wouldn't you?

The rule's not likely to change then.

Those who really want to enter the field of play will just have to take their chances, I suppose.

If people really think the current rules are an ass, the only way to change them is to speak up publicly.

It's a law not a rule, I agree if you think passionately about it you should challenge it.  Maybe it should be something football fans organisations should be looking at 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

It's a law not a rule, I agree if you think passionately about it you should challenge it.  Maybe it should be something football fans organisations should be looking at 

Allowing fans to invade the pitch is certainly not a change I'd like to see.

It would be interesting to see the reaction were fans' groups to propose it, though.

As it stands, those caught out will simply have to face the regulations they agreed to when they bought their tickets.

11 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Why do you feel sorry for them? No one forced them to enter the field of play. They chose to break the law. More than 1500 others managed to contain their excitement and stay in the stand to celebrate the goals. 

Because they basically trespassed, something that happens thousands of times a day in the UK without any form of punishment.

It is normally a civil matter, and the civil prosecution usually ends when the person trespassing has left the area.  No material damage was caused, no one was attacked or in any way hindered.    We will now scoure CCTV footage, mobile phone evidence, look through databases of ticket sales etc to find someone who has already left the premises, in order to punish them for an infringement lasting less than a minute.

That's why I feel sorry for them.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Allowing fans to invade the pitch is certainly not a change I'd like to see.

It would be interesting to see the reaction were fans' groups to propose it, though.

As it stands, those caught out will simply have to face the regulations they agreed to when they bought their tickets.

Who said anything about allowing fans to invade the pitch?  No one has said that or would want it.

1 minute ago, Manwë said:

Because they basically trespassed, something that happens thousands of times a day in the UK without any form of punishment.

It is normally a civil matter, and the civil prosecution usually ends when the person trespassing has left the area.  No material damage was caused, no one was attacked or in any way hindered.    We will now scoure CCTV footage, mobile phone evidence, look through databases of ticket sales etc to find someone who has already left the premises, in order to punish them for an infringement lasting less than a minute.

That's why I feel sorry for them.  

That why I think its unjust law as it just applies to football fans.  Should just be a civil matter.

1 hour ago, Salmonbones said:

No, I have a point.

You do not.

You are basically saying it's right to break the law if someone doesn't get hurt.

I bet you text and drive too, but no harm done as long as you don't crash, eh?   

Prat.

Wow, what a phallus. Players loved it, fans loved it. Mountain/mole hill springs to mind