What's happened behind the scenes ?

Judging by what’s been said by various players the team weren’t happy after Saturday’s result at Cheltenham and they’ve had some kind of ‘airing of their views’ with each other and possibly the management. 
Or they’ve been paid.

Or Mr Moore has told them he’s off to sixfingeredville 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

18 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Its only 1 game where the 50/50 breaks went our way.

An enjoyable night where we did play better but wouldn't read too much into it at the moment.

I agree with that. Another night it could have been 3-3.

But it didn't and the team did seem more together, mobile and pressed better.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I think Sunderland collapsed. But.. when we went 1-0 up we dropped back a lot snd Sunderland were dominant. At that point they had the disallowed goal I saw them coming back into the game. Then we did something mad and actually scored a 2nd which was against the run of play. Sunderlands heads collapsed. However, the smaller teams who have nothing to lose don't seem to lose their heads as easily. Wimbledon, cheltenham etc. Teams that come back into games.

Sunderland we’re likely to cave in after the drubbing they’d had at Botherham…(”here we go again”syndrome) and as you say the smaller clubs see us as a scalp so they go at it like they’re Jack the Giantkiller. Meet fire with fire would be a good mantra for the team now I feel.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

So what's changed with the team...it's not just tactics because we all knew playing two up top would work. It was the work ethic and attitude that changed...what's gone on with the team to change that around??

Reckon they got paid?

*runs off*

• Haha 4

Owlstalk Shop

I wonder if some of “ the smaller” clubs( absolutely no disrespect intended) don’t expect to get a result at Hillsborough, whereas Sunderland probably saw it as an important game to get something out of that game? So when they didn’t their heads went in a way that perhaps say Cheltenham won’t?

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Reckon they got paid?

*runs off*

You do realise  that will quickly escalate into a social media rumour, that will be in the papers within a couple of days which the EFL will feel the need to investigate 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What changed was Sunderland played like we did - farting around with it at the back at 2-0 and 3-0 down .....and letting opposition get 2 banks of 4 in place ... 

We did to them what ever other teams have been doing to us .... on the front foot, went forward, worked for every ball and our strikers actually spent most of their time up front and not having to come back into our own half to collect the ball !

Simple as that - role reversal ...

Edited by S25OWL
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, S25OWL said:

What changed was Sunderland played like we did - farting around with it at the back at 2-0 and 3-0 down .....and letting opposition get 2 banks of 4 in place ... 

We did to them what ever other team has been doing to us .... on the front foot, went forward, worked for every ball and our strikers actually spent most of their time up front and not having to come back into our own half to collect the ball !

Simple as that - role reversal ...

Sunderland were very reminiscent of us at times and could easily have been in blue and white stripes.  

I ventured over to a Sunderland forum last night and even on there the names could have been changed and easily been Owls Talk.  

Very similar clubs and fans.

• Thanks 1

As has been said it’s only 1 game. Let’s see how we do against the lesser teams, starting with Gillingham. Perhaps it’s something along the lines of we upped our game last night because we played against one of the big boys in the league. Be shocking if that indeed was the case. 

• Like 1