What's happened behind the scenes ?

2 hours ago, The coach said:

Maybe moore realises he dosnt know more than us..everything that happened last night is what we have been asking for..he might have just read owlstalk and facebook

His team selection was absolutely slaughtered on here. So I'm not sure this is entirely true.

I know what you are getting at though in terms of the overall performance.

What's that mean...'see how we do against lesser teams'

Sunderland are a lesser team..they blow up every year..they are the Derby of league 1.

Our GD is better than theirs..and we have bee a bit crap for 90% of the season so far...

Sunderland do it every season...set off like Seb Coe...finish up like Bill Co.

They are quite poor really. In fact full weight crapenze.

BTW we did do em nicely though.🙂

Guest mrbluesky
4 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Its only 1 game where the 50/50 breaks went our way.

An enjoyable night where we did play better but wouldn't read too much into it at the moment.

Just shows how fans can get carried away after 1 match lol

Moore was tied up and left in the loos. 

The players picked what they thought was the best team and played their tactics. 

What you saw on the touchline was the latest robotmoore. 

Available in the club shop at half price. 

Moore will be kept there until our 1436 unbeaten run ends. 

Who needs a manager. 

• Like 2

Guest mrbluesky
27 minutes ago, A47Owl said:

Don't we deserve it?

To get carried away after one match? Absolutely not, we've been very poor at times, ok in others, fans got carried away after the first 3 matches, and then again after the Wigan game, I have a more pragmatic approach, let me see consistency after 10 games / or a decent level of competing, we aren't near that at the moment, so if ok with you, I'll give us a 6/10 thus far, and a pat on the back for the boys last night.

There’s a thread somewhere, where fans were waxing lyrical about Moore, my response was "to calm the feck down" as he's done nothing yet, for me to wax lyrical about.

i'm wondering if the players have had a word with Moore concerning how they prefer to play & not feeling comfortable passing about at the back. It does kind of undermine Moore if so especially being pig headed. 

I hope he can take constructive criticism & not revert back to his 'his way or the highway' mentality

• Like 2

Guest Jack the Hat
5 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Its only 1 game where the 50/50 breaks went our way.

An enjoyable night where we did play better but wouldn't read too much into it at the moment.

I'd be inclined to agree. Also partly down to Sunderland playing our suicide tactics worse than us. Hope i'm wrong but do you all remember Cardiff at Hillsborough last season? No way THAT team should have gone down!

6 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

We played with 2 up top 

Defence were told to be no nonsense

No forcing to play out the from the back 

We went long and hit the channels 

We made a tactical decision to press and attack higher up the pitch

Pretty much all solid ways to get out of this division - and I'm guessing the players bought into it instead of the dross they've been told to absorb before.

A pity the team did not rebel last March!

21 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

To get carried away after one match? Absolutely not, we've been very poor at times, ok in others, fans got carried away after the first 3 matches, and then again after the Wigan game, I have a more pragmatic approach, let me see consistency after 10 games / or a decent level of competing, we aren't near that at the moment, so if ok with you, I'll give us a 6/10 thus far, and a pat on the back for the boys last night.

There’s a thread somewhere, where fans were waxing lyrical about Moore, my response was "to calm the feck down" as he's done nothing yet, for me to wax lyrical about.

That was a very good win but Sunderand play mad tactics too ( eg average players struggling to play it out from the back)  and have been on the slide with some poor results as teams learn how to play vs hem.

Guest mrbluesky
21 minutes ago, victorturner said:

That was a very good win but Sunderand play mad tactics too ( eg average players struggling to play it out from the back)  and have been on the slide with some poor results as teams learn how to play vs hem.

Very good win, against a crap teamlol

Just kidding, I agree.

I really do hope for Moore’s sake that we have turned a corner as wanting people sacked is never nice. Maybe he’s come to realise what was needed and will implement that from now on. There’s still time for him to get it right here, as we’ve only lost 3 games so far.  The promoted sides tend to have lost 7-8 games come the end of the season.  We just need to get a lot of wins together now to make up for all those boobar draws. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, should know better said:

Sunderland managed to dominate possession because we are so poor at marking/pressing. How many times did Sunderland players receive the ball without any pressure on them

I don't know, I thought we pressed them well when they tried to play out from the back. Much more than we have done in previous games, when we have just let teams play out to the halfway line unopposed.

Gregory and Kamberi were always on the edge of their penalty area putting pressure on when their keeper had the ball. He still tried to play short passes to their defenders but when they did do it, Kamberi and Gregory had them in trouble a few times by pressuring them. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

I really do hope for Moore’s sake that we have turned a corner as wanting people sacked is never nice. Maybe he’s come to realise what was needed and will implement that from now on. There’s still time for him to get it right here, as we’ve only lost 3 games so far.  The promoted sides tend to have lost 7-8 games come the end of the season.  We just need to get a lot of wins together now to make up for all those boobar draws. 

Yep you generally have to win 25 to 27 games for automatic promotion. We have managed just 6 in a third of the season. Wigan have Won 11.

We need to put some serious winning runs together to have any chance.

In fairness, Sunderland had some good chances, and on another night it could have been 3-all.

Johnson was right that in the middle third they were better than us, and in a way you can see why Moore is reluctant to play 4-4-2.

It's that lack of an animal in the middle which once again bites us on the posterior.

Until we land one, we'll never exploit our forward potential.

You could weep when you think about the forwards we've had in recent years, which were never let loose because of the absence of that one player. 

1 hour ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Yep you generally have to win 25 to 27 games for automatic promotion. We have managed just 6 in a third of the season. Wigan have Won 11.

We need to put some serious winning runs together to have any chance.

Udders winning record going to get smashed. 

• Haha 1