What's happened behind the scenes ?

9 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Its only 1 game where the 50/50 breaks went our way.

An enjoyable night where we did play better but wouldn't read too much into it at the moment.

Spot on mate. I have to admit, as soon as Moore’s post match comments came out our reality set back in. He’ll chop and change formations and team selections in spite of us looking the most balanced we have all season.

No way was that Moore’s tactics, the players must have had a say in it. Moore must have realised it was last chance saloon for him and he was in a win, win situation. It either worked and if it failed he had an excuse. Long may the new style of play continue

I actually don’t think we were deserved 3-0 winners. The result, in my opinion, papered over the cracks. We could have easily lost that game 3-0 without complaint. I thought we looked disjointed and disorganised for large parts of the game BUT we were clinical. 

Times many I thought we looked exposed at the back and times many I saw midfielders desperately trying to plug the gaps between the centre halves and the wing backs. I thought Dunkley was excellent but, to me, last night was barely an improvement (performance wise) to Cambridge/Lincoln etc. No way are we Top 6 material based on that performance. 

9 hours ago, Blatter said:

Noticeable straight from the off. BPF pushing defenders upfield and kicking long. That’s a massive change in approach. We know there was some kind of dressing room showdown at Cheltenham and can only hope we will in future have a style the players believe in.
No messing around allowing opponents to get into shape. 

Two hard working strikers forcing mistakes from defenders.

Wide players capable of accurate crosses into the box.

Wing backs who are basically forwards not defenders.

Its league 1 football. It’s not complicated.

Get Iorfa, Windass, and Hutchinson back into the fold and we have a team capable of promotion 

How do we know there was a “showdown”?

8 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

We had a spell of 20-25 minutes in the middle of the game yesterday where we dropped back and absorbed after going 2-0 up - all players in our half, and we looked really cagey and rode our luck. 

In the second half, we looked to have changed again and started to press up top further up field - we got the third and continued to press higher and we looked a lot more comfortable. 

This just hasn't happened in the last 5-10 games - we've took a goal and sat back, even at 2-0. We really do need 2 up top and continue to push from the front to relieve the defence - if we had played like this against any of the teams we've just played I'm positive we'd have seen a different outlook. Sitting back isn't the answer, we aren't good enough to shut up shop for 30-40 minutes (barely even 10 minutes..) and 1 forward doing all the leg work up top. 

Unless you’re counting the time in the dressing room at half time. There was 14 minutes between the 2nd and 3rd goal.

I think there has been too much overreaction to our start to

the season.

Because we’re not in the top 3/4 quite of lot of fans have lost their sh!t.

We haven’t been fantastic but we haven’t been sh!t either. I keep saying 3 defeats in 16 games but that’s a fact. Granted we’ve drawn too many but these are games we would’ve lost in the last few seasons. Yeah, we’re at a lower level but whatever level we are at at the moment we’re proving difficult to beat.

We are a work in progress and will probably be until the halfway point. If we are in touching distance of the Top 6 come the halfway point then we’ve got a chance in the second half of the season as I think our squad strength will tell in the end. 

I’m in the minority on here as I rate Moore as a manager and I think in time he’ll prove to be a very good appointment for us.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

I’m in the minority on here as I rate Moore as a manager and I think in time he’ll prove to be a very good appointment for us.

Of all the people in all the world I think you've proven yourself to be the WORST judge of managers after your one man hounding out of Monk

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Of all the people in all the world I think you've proven yourself to be the WORST judge of managers after your one man hounding out of Monk

I was right about Monk. Only time will tell if I’m right about Moore 😛

Just now, @owlstalk said:

How do you work that out?
We're in League One

If Monk was as sh!t hot as you keep banging on about, why is he no longer employed elsewhere? Out of work for 12 months and in none of the manager betting markets for the currently available jobs 🤔

1 minute ago, Jim said:

If Monk was as sh!t hot as you keep banging on about, why is he no longer employed elsewhere? Out of work for 12 months and in none of the manager betting markets for the currently available jobs 🤔

We're in League One Jim

Before you hounded him out we were in the Championship 

Owlstalk Shop