What's happened behind the scenes ?

4 hours ago, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

That’s a very simplistic view of the game. But, to answer your question, they could be more organised (not just the keeper & defence) and not look like conceding.

I thought they were several occasions where Sunderland could have done better. Our defending for their disallowed goal was pretty poor, as was our defending from their corner just before half time. Also a few times in the first half where we didn’t close them down quickly enough on the edge of our box.

Keeping a clean sheet and defending effectively with organisation and discipline aren’t the same thing. On another day we could have lost that game quite easily and, in my opinion, if we keep playing like that we will continue to be inconsistent in our results.

There ain’t no pleasing you

Chas and Dave

1 hour ago, mrbluesky said:

Screenshot (26).png

That's the frame before the ball is struck. If you show the next frame I think it will give a different picture.

The defender on the far side is not playing him on. The player closest to him has effectively stopped. He turns toward the goal bringing his right foot forward, by the time the ball is played he's offside.

Guest mrbluesky
2 hours ago, prowl said:

That's the frame before the ball is struck. If you show the next frame I think it will give a different picture.

The defender on the far side is not playing him on. The player closest to him has effectively stopped. He turns toward the goal bringing his right foot forward, by the time the ball is played he's offside.

WDF!!!lol

Guest mrbluesky
43 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

The player shooting is obviously onside.  However the shot rebounded off the Sunderland player in front of him who was offside at the time of the shot. Correct decision.

NO poo SHERLOCK! ,lol

I'm pretty sure that's what the picture is pointing out, it was the gobbledygook that Prowl came out with lol

1 minute ago, mrbluesky said:

NO poo SHERLOCK! ,lol

I'm pretty sure that's what the picture is pointing out, it was the gobbledygook that Prowl came out with lol

Fair enough, your post obviously came across different to me. Apologies.

Guest mrbluesky
3 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Fair enough, your post obviously came across different to me. Apologies.

Ahh, me too then 🙂, although I did put the "offside" quote last, I need to make myself clearer, like Prowl did lol

On 03/11/2021 at 19:57, @owlstalk said:

Of all the people in all the world I think you've proven yourself to be the WORST judge of managers after your one man hounding out of Monk

Make your mind up you keep saying that fans have no influence over the managers job.  Now you are claiming one fan on here, hounded out Monk.

Unbelievable Geoff.  

Guest mrbluesky
On 03/11/2021 at 19:57, @owlstalk said:

Of all the people in all the world I think you've proven yourself to be the WORST judge of managers after your one man hounding out of Monk

Shot's fired!!!