What on Earth?

Fantastic result, and took our chances well.

The jury is still out though on DM, for now that performance is an outlier. We need more of this and far more often for any sane person to believe we are heading in the right direction.

I certainly wont be changing my mind on DM based on one performance but credit to all of them tonight.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

Hoping Moore has realised after 16 games:

His defensive way just doesn’t work 

Play Theo

Have two up top

Press teams and attack.

So it’s all clicked and now the season really kicks off. 

I know you have been calling for johnson at left centre back and paterosn at rwb for ages now so fair play to you

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

I'm too old to be saying this.

Tonight's performance has given me a reyt lift.

The points are fantastic but I just loved the way we hunted Sunderland down...it was hungry.. physical and dynamic.

I dare say we bullied them a bit.

It was a PERFORMANCE.

Paid my tenner and sat back expecting to be on here later for the post match moaning and groaning at what seemed an inevitable jittery clueless performance 

I too have been watching them far too long but one thing I’ve always noticed is that you can often  tell from the first few seconds what sort of night you’re in for.

It hasn’t happened much recently but tonight was one of those that you could tell instantly that it was going to be a match we’d win.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We've been crying out for a better workrate and hunting in packs to close down opposing players when they have the ball as it forces panic and mistakes. That was the key, alongside stopping the risky playing it around the back.

Transformed our performance, made us attack more quickly and we rattled Sunderland. 

That's all we wanted and it was a great performance! Well done to all.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gazzatheowl said:

The mentality of this team is backward. How do you beat teams like Bolton, Wigan and Sunderland but fail to beat Oxford, Wimbledon and morcambe.

I agree gazza,,,, it has to be in the mind unless they are trying to prove a point.

Let's hope this is the start of yet another new approach to winning games.

I'd love to see us playing out from the back but we should only try it when we have the players who are capable of doing it on a consistent basis.

Credit where it's due though,,, what a win that was!!!

Balanced out by the points we have thrown away in the last 4 games which is criminal.

Be interesting to see what approach we take against Plymouth,,,, especially considering what happened the last time we met!

All in all this is classic Wednesday,,,, total commitment to absolute inconsistency,,, they drive you barmy in the end

UTO

12 hours ago, B&WOwl said:

Or has Moore giving us a glimmer of hope that makes our 5 games unbeaten run a interesting stat for us currently? 

12 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

Six games unbeaten surely.

Win v Bolton, 4 draws, then won tonight.

11 hours ago, B&WOwl said:

I think the number of draws we’ve had recently made me think we were defeated at some stage!

:tango:

Between 4 Oct and 3 Nov ( a month ), we have had three wins and four draws.

Sounds pretty good except all those draws felt like defeats

Let's keep winning

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Corbenau was difference. 

Luongo and windass will help us become real promotion contenders. 

Let's hope DM has realised now what we need and what our best team is. 

Hopefully Saturday we will carry on and put a winning run together although the league is our priority 

This, take last night's side, add in iorfa, luongo and windass, then you have a very dangerous side that few in league 1 could live with

• Like 1

12 hours ago, B&WOwl said:

Well.. that was a nice surprise wasn’t it!

Begs the question what catapulted our team to victory tonight.

Corbeanu?

Sunderland absolutely binned it?

Or has Moore giving us a glimmer of hope that makes our 5 games unbeaten run a interesting stat for us currently? 

Long May it continue. 

We were still woeful at corners and set plays. The fact that Sunderland didn't score was a mixture of pure luck and Sunderland's errors. If Sunderland had scored from their first corner which we cleared through good fortune I don't think we would have won. For some reason our good start ended after 20 minutes and we went back into our old ways, it was after getting away with that corner that our pressing game returned. From that point on we were as good as we have been this season. Even so we still looked dodgy at defending set plays.

• Like 1