What on Earth?

Byers , Luongo , Iorfa , Hutchinson and Windass all to be added back to the mix 

Darren Moore, who I’m still no huge fan of and not by a long way , really has no excuse not to compete for winning this league

Mentioned it a few times last week it’s absolute madness to suggest we don’t have a quality squad, 90% of our shortcomings so far have been solely down to DM’s poor management 

6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Byers , Luongo , Iorfa , Hutchinson and Windass all to be added back to the mix 

Darren Moore, who I’m still no huge fan of and not by a long way , really has no excuse not to compete for winning this league

Mentioned it a few times last week it’s absolute madness to suggest we don’t have a quality squad, 90% of our shortcomings so far have been solely down to DM’s poor management 

Indeed,  someone was suggesting that no manager out there could get this squad promoted this season.  Sunderland are one of the favourites for promotion and there’s not many of their players I’d swap with our strongest eleven.  
We really need to see last nights performance repeated now and put a run of wins together to make a climb up the table.  There’s no glory in treading water outside the playoffs in league 1

• Like 2

We were much improved in terms of direct play/attacking intent and a persistent, harrying press from the front that quite often rushed Sunderland in possession. That was largely down to the tireless work of Theo, Flo and Gregory. Defence was composed too, solid turns from Che and Liam, and I thought Johnson had an especially solid game.

All great to see, of course. However:

10 shots, 4 on target, 3 went in. We definitely made our own luck to an extent, but things fell for us more than they have the entire season up to now. On another night that exact same contest could easily have finished 1-1.

Play like that all season and we’ll beat plenty of lesser teams, but it wasn’t a performance that screamed ‘top two contender’ yet in my view.