Wednesday -V- Sunderland - - - OMDT

The plum duff looking good for 15 minutes was a stroke of genius. Beautifully done sir. 

When we played badly and won loads on here were moaning. The Bolton game had people ringing in to radio Sheffield saying it felt like a loss we were so bad. I said at the time that I was happy with a win no matter how we play. It's impossible to play well and lose. We could play well for 85 minutes then chuck it away in the last 5 and nobody would be happy. All that matters is winning. If we play well we will win, simple as that. If we lose, we've played badly. 

Careful what you wish for where results are concerned and celebrate the wins. We'd all take ugly wins between now and the end of the season if it meant we went up. 

• Like 3

Fair play Snoots old chap…that is a brilliant parody! I’m not sure what will happen tonight as the team might finally decide to turn up against decent opposition…or not? It’s the uncertainty that gives it that fatal attraction.

Moore interesting will be whether Hutch and Hunt are anywhere near the starting line up? Any absences are beginning to be viewed very sceptically in this neck of the woods.

Here’s hoping that you get your domestic staff reorganised by this evening and that the plum duff is of better quality…if not it could be a long session up The Nun’s Chuff toneet!
Im hoping the team can take a leaf out of Jos Butler’s book and smash these Mackems out of the park! But we all know what ‘hope’ does for you…dashes you on the rocks of despair mostly, especially if you’re a Wednesdayite!
Still…play up you blue and white wiiizzzzaaaaaards (preferably somewhere in the region of your true positions!) UTO.   WAWAW

• Like 1

Struggling to muster much enthusiasm for tonight. Bought a monthly ifollow pass, so suppose I will be watching. 

It's a bonus Mcgeady missing, but they are a decent team and given how we've struggled and been second best to very average/poor teams recently, could be a long night. 

Maybe another draw, a loss more likely than a win, but it all just seems like marking time until a managerial change is made. 

I'll take tonight for what it is, a collection of players thrown together in some random pattern to try not to lose. Win, lose or draw, nothing to build on as it will change again on Sunday. 

1-1 probably and 'we go again' looking forward to more dreary dogshit at the weekend. 

I'm a reight ray of sunshine this morning! Maybe I need a coffee to perk me up 🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sternlad said:

Let’s face it….if Sunderland can run around, pass to each other and face the right way…they’re gonna win.

Still hoping that can we can get something or at least put a decent performance in of which we have very few of this season. Come on Wednesday.

I hope the general plan was scrunched up and chucked out the coach window on the way back from Cheltenham,  lying dampened and unfathomable on the slip road of the M5.

Should that not be the case, I fear we will be frightened to death of a team just thumped 5-1, on a wobbly spell themselves and roll over to a 0-2 scoreline.

We are utter dross right now. But I expect is to draw this one to prolong the agony a bit further. Were we to receive a good hiding then maybe the trigger will be pulled on poor old out of his depth DM. But a draw after a terrible performance by both teams feels inevitable somehow. 
Anyone know what our record for consecutive draws is?

Sigh…

• Like 1