Wednesday -V- Sunderland - - - OMDT

8 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

image.png.5bf4b20771f6313cd2f3a373c209e9a5.png

"I'll tell you what Stubbs, I don't much fancy this one much, I mean to say it's...wait a minute. Who the hell are you!? And where's Stubbs?"

"Oh yeah. I'm the new apprentice chef innit"

"What?"

"Chef, you know. Do the cooking and that"

"Where is Stubbs?"

"At this actual minute , like?"

"Yes, of course at this actual minute. When else would I mean when I say "Where's Stubbs?"

"Ye ye ye, I getchoo. He's actually at this minute, like, cleaning the stables."

"Cleaning the stables? Cleaning the sodding stables. We have a girl who clears the stables. Wonderful job of it she does too."

"Yeah. But she's been dropped innit. And Stubbsy boy doing it now"

"By order of who!"

"The new Estate manager ,n'that. He says he knows best what we is all good at"

"Right. I'm not having this. I'm off to see this oaf.  Press me a pair of trousers and get my cuff links and..."

"I dunno how to press trousers. I mean, I'll have a go and that. But..nah man. I aint done no trouser pressin before."

"Well what are you good at?"

"I'm pretty good at club sandwiches and my pastry is getting a lot better, you get me?"

"Right, well, go and make me a sandwich then"

"Nah, you aint listening. I dont go in the kitchen no more. The gardener is in there now"

"The gardener, Mr  Wilkins? He doesn't know the first thing about cooking!"

"Yeah, he said that to the gaffer too. Said he'd be better in the garden and leaving Cook in the kitchen showing me the ropes"

"Too right. And what did the manager say?"

"He said he'd soon get the hang of it. He just needed to spend some time in the larder. IT would help him get his volume in"

"Get his volume in? What the bloody hell does that mean?"

"To be honest bruv, no one knows"

"Well, it certainly explains why last nights plum duff looked, tasted and had the density of a piece of coal."

"Yeah. Mr Wilkins didn't want to serve it to be fair to him. He left it in the oven two hours too long. He was saying it was the most horriblist thing what he'd ever seen on a plate"

"He was right!"

"But the gaffer just said it was ok. It was burnt n'that. But for the first 15 minutes or so, it looked all right"

"Really..."

"Ye ye ye, thats what he said. Then Mr Wilkins said he dint want to do no more cooking"

"Good."

"But the manager , he just looked at him, y'know with this really, like, focussed look in his eyes, and said "We go again"

"Right. That's it. I'm sacking the sod. I'm not having this. You go and fetch cook and you two get back in the kitchen. Send Mr Wilkins out to the garden hut and get Stubbs in from the sodding stables.  This house might be a decrepit ruin but we can at least having people doing the jobs they were trained to do. FFS"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday

-V-

Sunderland

image.png.a6f29b33921d6f440da543bb00b502c5.png

EFL League One

Kick Off 7.45pm

Hillsborough

Two of League One's giant clubs  clubs with big stadiums for the third division go head to head on Tuesday evening in search of three points,  Wednesday hosting Sunderland at Hillsborough .

The Owls are looking for the winning formula to turn draws into wins after recording four in a row against the footballing powerhouses of Cheltenham, Lincoln City , Cambridge and AFC Wimbledon.

The visitors are looking for a response after their 5-1 hammering by Rotherham United on Saturday.

It's almost as if having a lot of fans doesn't count for anything on the pitch isn't it?

----------------------------------------------  WEDNESDAY  -------------------------------------------

Massimo Luongo and George Byers will remain unavailable after a couple of months out, but the duo did make it through a "volume building" run out during the U23's drubbing by Sheffield United.  them down the road.

Sam Hutchinson has suffered a setback during his recovery from injury . As for those that are fit; well your guess is as good as mine. 

image.png.a1d5374ddb1dd5842546f7f77ad27bcf.png

image.png.289827d601474a00d001fb19d08fd39e.png

----------------------------------------------  SUNDERLAND -------------------------------------------

Denver Hume may remain unavailable depending on the results of his scan after he was forced off against Queens Park Rangers in the cup last week.

He was forced to sit out the defeat at Rotherham, as did Nathan Broadhead, who suffered a setback in his recovery and is expected to return against Mansfield Town at the weekend.

McGeady will serve his one-match suspension after his red card on Saturday, with Lynden Gooch possibly deputising in his place.

image.png.db1371c3f3b3ca882ef7e2f3625271f6.png

----------------------------------------------  FORM GUIDE -------------------------------------------

image.png.44419d22636162eb7f2092fcab7b43b7.png

image.png.c358a6659274d64967cdd512f9767807.png

image.png.5efc5f4fcbfc11608e7b8e8427adcead.png

Fantastic - Has proper cheered me up lol

• Love 1

Just now, striker said:

Struggling to muster much enthusiasm for tonight. Bought a monthly ifollow pass, so suppose I will be watching. 

It's a bonus Mcgeady missing, but they are a decent team and given how we've struggled and been second best to very average/poor teams recently, could be a long night. 

Can you explain how Sunderland are decent?

Got d*cked 5-1 by RUFC at the weekend.

Lost at home to struggling Charlton the previous weekend.

Destroyed 4-0 by midtable Portsmouth earlier in October.

Yes we are god-awful right now but we're not playing anyone we should fear tonight.

Have a feeling we could be victims tonight of the dreaded 'Bounce back' factor. Wee arebplaying a side who arehavig a poor run and have lost 3 games. What's more, their last defeat came locally with a drubbig from Roverum. Unlike the mentality of a Wednesday side, I think they may be smarting abnd need to take it iut on someone . We are a ready-made target.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Can you explain how Sunderland are decent?

Got d*cked 5-1 by RUFC at the weekend.

Lost at home to struggling Charlton the previous weekend.

Destroyed 4-0 by midtable Portsmouth earlier in October.

Yes we are god-awful right now but we're not playing anyone we should fear tonight.

The mere fact they are on a bad run, combined with us being Sheffield Wednesday and our inherent benevolence to such teams, means we should fear them tonight.

I long for the day when that ceases to be the case but that day doesn't seem to be any closer.

• Like 2