Wednesday -V- Sunderland - - - OMDT

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

We shouldn’t fear any of our opponents in L1. Yet we seem to fear every single one of them….

Pretty much sums it up.

1 hour ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

The mere fact they are on a bad run, combined with us being Sheffield Wednesday and our inherent benevolence to such teams, means we should fear them tonight.

I long for the day when that ceases to be the case but that day doesn't seem to be any closer.

The good ol' "we end everyone's bad runs" cliche.  How original.

16 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

The problem is Moore fears every opposition. Judging by the table etc. Sunderland look way more decent than us. If you take those 3 recent defeats away, Sunderland have only lost one which was 1-0 against Burton at the start of the season after two 2-1 victories. Sunderland have also won 1-0 against Wimbledon, 5-0 against Cheltenham, 1-2 against Lincoln (after the Portsmouth defeat) and 0-4 against Crewe (before the 0-1 defeat to Charlton.) While we're scraping draws against Wimbledon, Cheltenham and Lincoln. Also take those 5-1 & 4-0 defeats away and Sunderland have only conceded 9 goals, only Rotherham and Wigan have the best at 11. 

I can see us getting a good drumming tonight, don't forget we loss 3-0 against Plymouth as well, but knowing us we will win 2-0 or get another draw. I just can't see us scoring more than 2 though and if Sunderland score we won't win as the stats back these up. UTO anyway. I'm starting to sound like Moore too with bigging up the opposition.

:duntmatter:

Yes.  If you ignore all their recent defeats, Sunderland only ever draw or win.

lol

2 hours ago, Rev Owl said:

Thanks Mi'Lord.

Laughed out loud.

On a more serious note, I have a season ticket.

Does anyone know if I'm legally obliged to go to the match?

Not legally Rev, spiritually maybe, but if you don’t fancy the superglue and pavement again, definitely 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:win.

Don’t think squeaky Johnson has much luck at S6 if memory serves? 🤔

Brizzle manager when K Lee got that late comeback winner, night of the storm & maybe Barnsley manager when we did a double over them? 
Anyway, 2-0 to us. Fk it. Let’s av em.

UTO

Aye but then again he’s never played agin a Wednesday team (sic) managed (sic) by Moore

Tonight could be a tipping point for fans, after a series of draws and poor performances we face a Sunderland side that were hammered by a local rival on Saturday so a home win should be on the cards, failure to do so will I think turn even the optimistic of fans.

• Like 1

Sunderland have had heavy defeats at Portsmouth and Rotherham in recent outings so their confidence might have taken a bit of a hit. Lost at home to

Charlton as well.

McGeady is going to be missing also.

I think we’re in with a reasonable shout of getting a point here and keeping our unbeaten record going - so I’m going for a 1-1 draw, which, I suspect, both sides would be happy with.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

Sunderland have had heavy defeats at Portsmouth and Rotherham in recent outings so their confidence might have taken a bit of a hit. Lost at home to

Charlton as well.

McGeady is going to be missing also.

I think we’re in with a reasonable shout of getting a point here and keeping our unbeaten record going - so I’m going for a 1-1 draw, which, I suspect, both sides would be happy with.

I want 3 points for the owls.

We should have at least three times more supporters in the stadium. This should be enough to secure a win!!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MoorfOwl said:

HEED WETSANDY!

Oh dear. But don't worry.   I have all the right letters; it's just taking me some time to find the right order.

You have full on Darren Moore syndrome…I’m sorry but there is no known antidote.

P.S. Let us know when the errrmms begin and we’ll change your meds.

• Haha 2