Wednesday -V- Sunderland - - - OMDT

Forgot to compliment you by the way Milord on your thread. A very good bit of football satire.

I really hope at some stage it sinks in with the decision makers at this bloody club.

But then again.

Anyway, prediction for tonight. A free flowing carnival of football from the blue and white wizards. 4 nil up by 30 minutes leaving the Mackems reeling.

Final score.

Sheffield Wednesday 4-5 Sunderland.

• Like 1

A wordsmith par excellence M'Lord, well done.                                                                                                                                                                               

My itinerary for tonight ? The Yorkshire Vet and Our Yorkshire Farm, no doubt interspersed with about a hundred checks on the phone for updates..!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lowieowl said:

A wordsmith par excellence M'Lord, well done.                                                                                                                                                                               

My itinerary for tonight ? The Yorkshire Vet and Our Yorkshire Farm, no doubt interspersed with about a hundred checks on the phone for updates..!

Christ i think I'd rather watch wednesday..... But it's close

• Haha 4

Perfect OMTD, Mi Lord. Can't help but think there is a reference or two in there to something else? Oh well.

Hopefully DM draws on his inner Gandalf and tells the back 3/4/8 (or whatever new age formula we conjure) "YOU SHALL NOT PASS (out from the back)"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Very good an dat Snoots…sick bruv.

Old Gentlemen reading the situations vacant column in The Daily Telegraph.

” I detest all this modern down with the kids vocabulary that everyone is using these days… they are even doing in the Telegraph now, there’s a job being advertised here and it says Are you looking for a job init…shocking grammar “

His son snatches the paper from him and reads the ad.

”Dad, is says Are you looking for a job in IT”

• Haha 5

Anyone expecting anything different today, don't. Nothing is changing until Moore leaves.

I predict.

0-45 min. A dreadful disjointed showing, where we look like we have never played the game before. Sunderland look like Brazil as we sit off them and show them respect. HT 2-0 Sunderland. No shots on target for us.

45mins- 60. A really good 15 mins, we start attacking and pull a goal back. Then go back to being crap.

60-90. Back to first half showing.

And repeat.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Westfield Owl said:

Can you explain how Sunderland are decent?

Got d*cked 5-1 by RUFC at the weekend.

Lost at home to struggling Charlton the previous weekend.

Destroyed 4-0 by midtable Portsmouth earlier in October.

Yes we are god-awful right now but we're not playing anyone we should fear tonight.

The problem is Moore fears every opposition. Judging by the table etc. Sunderland look way more decent than us. If you take those 3 recent defeats away, Sunderland have only lost one which was 1-0 against Burton at the start of the season after two 2-1 victories. Sunderland have also won 1-0 against Wimbledon, 5-0 against Cheltenham, 1-2 against Lincoln (after the Portsmouth defeat) and 0-4 against Crewe (before the 0-1 defeat to Charlton.) While we're scraping draws against Wimbledon, Cheltenham and Lincoln. Also take those 5-1 & 4-0 defeats away and Sunderland have only conceded 9 goals, only Rotherham and Wigan have the best at 11. 

I can see us getting a good drumming tonight, don't forget we loss 3-0 against Plymouth as well, but knowing us we will win 2-0 or get another draw. I just can't see us scoring more than 2 though and if Sunderland score we won't win as the stats back these up. UTO anyway. I'm starting to sound like Moore too with bigging up the opposition.

:duntmatter:

• Like 1

Heard from my ex boss who watches Sunderland home and away and has done for years. He's a bit worried about tonight although I've told him there's probably no need to be.

Says McGeady will be a big miss tonight as he creates most of their chances. 

Also says they can't cope with hard physical sides and lack leadership when things start going wrong. Not sure that applies when playing us unfortunately..     

• Like 1