CHELTENHAM V WEDNESDAY - OMDT

Why do I constantly believe were going into every match, that its the match to turn our season around.

Every game since Wimbledon one i think were going to smash the opposition, then I see the line up and think WTF?? And we play rubbish and scrape a draw!

• Like 3

Just a reminder. Here are the tasks for today:

Manager: Play the players in their natural position

Players: Stay focussed. No silly mistakes please. Score lots of goals and keep a clean sheet

Fans:  Please SUPPORT our players (regardless, if they play well)! Push them forward, if they are to defensive. Give them confidence when they are struggling! Raise their spirits!

If we all play our part, we will take a glorious win home today!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sMacLean said:

Let's lose 7-0 and get Moore out.

We've got two chances of this.

1 - If the players have had enough

2 - They haven't got a clue what they are doing.

My fear is if our players attempt option one, they might win, and convince DM he's a tactical genius

lol

Of course option 3 is DM goes 442 with wingers and players in their natural position, and tells them to Gerrit Forrad.

garymegson

4 4 2. Stop messing about and play players in their natural positions. 2 Centre backs, 2 full backs, 2 mids, 2 wingers, 2 strikers. Don't mess about at the back, keep it simple in the middle and do what you want up front. It's not a difficult game. 

I'm worried about Moore. He seems obsessed with how good every other team is, bit like Irvine was. Paralysis through analysis. Only gonna end one way, that's us mid to lower table and Darren sacked. It's in his power to change it, my worry is that he won't. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

4 4 2. Stop messing about and play players in their natural positions. 2 Centre backs, 2 full backs, 2 mids, 2 wingers, 2 strikers. Don't mess about at the back, keep it simple in the middle and do what you want up front. It's not a difficult game. 

I'm worried about Moore. He seems obsessed with how good every other team is, bit like Irvine was. Paralysis through analysis. Only gonna end one way, that's us mid to lower table and Darren sacked. It's in his power to change it, my worry is that he won't. 

So we do this and win every game?  Its that simple?  What happens when we lose on three on the trot, use another system? 

I know a couple of Cheltenham fans. To be fair they support Cheltenham as their local team and watch them most home games but actually support Arsenal, who they never go and see. So maybe there view isn’t typical of all Cheltenham fans. 

I asked them if they are especially up for this game as it’s the mighty Sheffield Wednesday. They just laughed and explained that no one gives a shît about Sheffield Wednesday. I asked why every team raises their game against us then. They just speculated that maybe we are just crap and using that as an excuse. 

I told them our managers said today was a game against tough opponents. They just laughed again and said our manager is daft if he thinks that and our team should be turning up with a view to smashing Cheltenham off the park. 

They are both very much looking forward to today. I am not looking forward to today. 
FFS. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

So we do this and win every game?  Its that simple?  What happens when we lose on three on the trot, use another system? 

Nah, let's just carry on as we are, it's working great so far this season. Players throwing away slender leads and looking like they haven't got a clue what to do. 

Stop worrying about other teams and let them worry about us. 

By now it seems clear that every opposition manager is saying to their players: "You've seen the videos. Press them hard and eventually they crack like an egg." Until one day a team has a bit of bad luck with it and gets spanked 4-0. Will today be that day? No.