CHELTENHAM V WEDNESDAY - OMDT

No idea what sort of team we'll put out, or whether enough players will turn up.

Looking at those stats, they have secured more points than us in the last 4 games, so suppose it could be argued not an easy game, although quite obviously it should be. 

Another great opportunity for 3 points, but fully expect us to fizz it up.

1-1

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ronio said:

4 things I would like to see us change. 

1. The 352 formation, it didn't work last time out or the time before, so I would like to see a change on that front.  Personally, i would like to see Darren go with a nice compact 442, a formation that the players would be comfortable with, a formation that would utilise the flanks.  Attacking wingers getting forward, getting in behind the defense, putting in crosses for our forwards.  Our fullbacks, can either join the attack or stay back and keep the defensive shape.  

2. Please please ditch this passing around the back, if you can call it that, it is literally becoming like a pantomime. "he's behind you" I would shout as the defense caves in on itself.  The players are clearly not comfortable playing like this.  Please change it.  

3. Getting rid of this losing mentality we currently have, worrying about the opposition or how could we possibly defend against such a mighty opposition, and I mean no disrespect to these smaller grassroot clubs.  I often worry about this current mindset at the club, if we ever did play at a higher level, how could we possibly cope coming up against better strikers, international strikers.  Because our current mentality absolutely stinks.  It is a losers mentality deeply ingrained in the club, something we have been far too accustomed to for far too long, and then we wonder why apathy at the club is where it is at.  I truly hope that Moore realises that the fans have had more than their fair share of abject mediocrity over the 20 plus years and it is as if absolutely nothing has changed.  Give the fans something to shout about.

4.  Throw caution to the wind.  Start the game with attacking wingers, and get at them.  Then lets see how they cope, every time I have watched us this season, when we do play well in the final third, which we get in 10 minute spells here and there, one thing I have noticed, their defenders crumble, they cannot cope.  It is not like we are coming up against some of the best defenders in the country, we are playing teams in the third division.  Attack is the best form of defense, playing higher up the pitch will no doubt improve our possession stats, which quite frankly could be much higher.  

On a final note, Corbeanu, give this lad a start. He did more in 5 minutes than some players did in 90.  And a final final point, Berahino, a player that I had high hopes for, a player I thought was far too good for this level, a player that has disappointed me the most and watching him play, we may as well be playing with 10 men.  If there is one player that needs to step up and step up big time, it is Berahino.  Quite possibly one of the best natural finishers at the club, but watching him, I think my nan could do a better job.  Berahino, play like your life depended on it, and the rest will take care of itself.  

I think that covers it. 

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Berahino’s performance against Lincoln was mind boggling. He could not trap a bag o sand. I was shocked at how bad he looked. No pace either which was a let down. Now it could all be a confidence thing with him. He might need his ego massaging a bit to get him going

1 hour ago, Jim Wonk said:

Berahino’s performance against Lincoln was mind boggling. He could not trap a bag o sand. I was shocked at how bad he looked. No pace either which was a let down. Now it could all be a confidence thing with him. He might need his ego massaging a bit to get him going

Don’t want to worry you but Gregory was worse.