Three changes to supercharge and reignite PROMOTION!!

9 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

He doesn't have the pace or movement for it.

Watch Kamberi or Berahino when they played there in that formation. Always moving, dragging the CBs around, moving them back by always threatening to run behind and creating space for others.

Gregory is just too slow. Defenders don't care if he runs, as they catch him instantly. Look at the runs he's made. He's been put through clear 4-5 tines so far this season and not got a shot off. 

He thrives in a packed box slow build up, proper poacher, getting a toe on stuff.

The 4231 was all about runs and pace, hence all the wingers. 532 is slow build up, making runs and balls from midfield into the packed box.

Thanks!! 🙂 

On 26/10/2021 at 10:22, Sheff74 said:

Speed up the tempo.

Keep it simple and don't take unnecessary risks in possession.

Play the wingers, and focus on feeding Gregory and Patterson with crosses.

Get the players together and show them how to pass to a team mate rather than the opposition, show them how to control the ball without having to chase after it.

Explain to them that the faster they get the ball forward the more chance they have of scoring.

Get the midfielder to move to open angles for passes.

Do something with throw ins. Is it deliberate policy to just have one man showing for the ball because if it is it needs changing.

I could go on but it's all really basic stuff. Other teams seem to do all these simple things but we seem to think they are beneath us.

• Like 2

Put cones on the pitch in two formations ;

442 and 433. 
For eAch formation tell the players to stand by the cone that they feel more natural and able to play. 
tell the players to pick up a mini cone and place it on pitch for each formation where they think they are best if it differs to the positions as already laid out. 

using analysis of performance and physical attributes. Determine the best xi for each formation. 

start games in 4 4 2 switching to 4 3 3 later in game with subs only if game is tight and tactical approach needs changing. 

That’s it 

simple 

On 26/10/2021 at 09:29, @owlstalk said:

1) Choose a starting eleven and stick with it for a few games

2) Play players only in their natural positions

3) Give them the brief that the target that game is to get as many shots on target as possible

Complete and utter nonsense.

Sound like "Brian the blade".

Get a grip.

We need Moore to see this through.

His way or the Highway.

TRUST IN MOORE.

On 26/10/2021 at 10:16, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Shocking player....slow,cant win headers,dosent hold ball up,takes no pressure off,bounces off him,could have had near double figures with the sitters he has missed....

Enough said..

Thought Dennis scored Sat?

I think it’s fair to say you will be in a minority with this opinion. I did think he was poor on Saturday though ( especially first half)

Just out of interest, you don’t sit on the top row of the Grandstand do you. There was a guy there against Lincoln with what I assume was his family moaning about Gregory.

1. Employ a new coaching team that has a winning record at this level

2. Tell the players to relax and enjoy their football but that you expect them to concentrate from the first f’king second to the last f’king second

3. Identify each opposition team’s main weakness and exploit it

Whenever we have a kick off make sure we boot the ball out of play like we are playing rugby union.

Aimlessly pass it around at the back before running out of ideas and then just lump it forward to nobody.

Give away as many soft goals as possible. 

Promotion guaranteed 

On 29/10/2021 at 00:02, sexpistol said:

I think it’s fair to say you will be in a minority with this opinion. I did think he was poor on Saturday though ( especially first half)

Just out of interest, you don’t sit on the top row of the Grandstand do you. There was a guy there against Lincoln with what I assume was his family moaning about Gregory.

Lol...no m8 North when i can..

Just my opinion,dont get the "He must play every game"not exactly ripping league up and smashing goals in are we.If Gregory/Patto are our saviours then we will not get promoted.Need pace and movement in this div,move back 4 around create space make mistakes happen,not be static or just command 3m square of pitch.Would help if they could win headers too.

UTO

On 26/10/2021 at 10:44, Tewkesbury said:

Is Gregory related to everyone on here?

It's never him, always everyone else that's the reason he's not performing.

Anyone else played like him, they'd have been droppes ages ago.

But he's terrible in the box.

He usually misses any balls in, when he does get to it he hits it softly to the keeper.

The only reason we changed to 2 up was to give him the support, and it's still not working.

He's been the only constant, as the main focus of a failing attack. We've tried everyone else with him in every combination.

At what point do you realise that he's the problem?

On 26/10/2021 at 15:14, Tewkesbury said:

He's the reason we're playing 532, not 4231, he couldn't do it.

He's the reason we can't play direct, as he gets beat to any pass more than 10 yards long.

With him we have 5 goals. We have not scored more than 1 open play goal per game with him starting.

Without him we can play with the wingers, with pace, with movement, with everyone in the positions they're best at.

All the things everyone's asking for.

On 26/10/2021 at 19:33, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Patto or Gregory can not win balls,headers,knockdowns or even hold ball up and take pressure off,they are both very poor target men...

On 26/10/2021 at 19:50, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

This......

Mobile attack,makes defences make gaps and space..

Easy job in world to mark Gregory and Patto..youd never be out of breath and win every header..

Shodipo,Berihino and Corbeanu would be my front 3..

UTO

On 26/10/2021 at 20:02, Tewkesbury said:

Playing with Gregory is like playing with the manager's son in the GT league or whatever it's called now.

He just hangs around between the 6 yard box and the penalty spot doing nothing and gets the goals while everyone else does the work, then his dad (the manager) uses his goalscoring record when the parents complain.

On 26/10/2021 at 10:06, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Drop Gregory

Drop Brown

Drop Johnson from CB

On 26/10/2021 at 10:16, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Shocking player....slow,cant win headers,dosent hold ball up,takes no pressure off,bounces off him.

Just bumping this thread.

Wondering whether 

@DIPPS_S.W.F.C and

@Tewkesbury still think Gregory is our problem and we are better without him? 

• Like 2

On 26/10/2021 at 09:29, @owlstalk said:

1) Choose a starting eleven and stick with it for a few games

2) Play players only in their natural positions

3) Give them the brief that the target that game is to get as many shots on target as possible

Far too f***ing sensible. Too straightforrard. Not complicated enough. Mr Moore wouldn’t be comfortable with it.

1 hour ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Just bumping this thread.

Wondering whether 

@DIPPS_S.W.F.C and

@Tewkesbury still think Gregory is our problem and we are better without him? 

We'll never know unless he's out for a while.

While he's fit nobody else gets a chance.

Gregory has an advantage that no other player will get bar Berahino.  (Berahino's had enough chances now too)

Minutes at CF.

It took 8 starts for Gregory to score 3 goals. During which we lost 3 times. Nobody else will get that kind of leeway.

Kamberi and Pato played together for the first time since Rotherham and it showed. Give them a couple of games together and we'll see.

I'd like to see Sow get a game at CF with one of them, see what his pace can do.

Kamberi now has 3 league goals in 4 starts, 4 in 7 all competitions. Gregory has 6 including a penalty in 13.

A goal every 157 minutes (99 minutes palying at CF) vs every 215 for Gregory.

We haven't been scoring all season, only now Kamberi has been given a chance, 16 games in.

At Gregory's minutes, he'd have 7 or 11 at CF. 

But we all know that Kamberi will get dropped as soon as he's fit again.

50 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

We'll never know unless he's out for a while.

While he's fit nobody else gets a chance.

Gregory has an advantage that no other player will get bar Berahino.  (Berahino's had enough chances now too)

Minutes at CF.

It took 8 starts for Gregory to score 3 goals. During which we lost 3 times. Nobody else will get that kind of leeway.

Kamberi and Pato played together for the first time since Rotherham and it showed. Give them a couple of games together and we'll see.

I'd like to see Sow get a game at CF with one of them, see what his pace can do.

Kamberi now has 3 league goals in 4 starts, 4 in 7 all competitions. Gregory has 6 including a penalty in 13.

A goal every 157 minutes (99 minutes palying at CF) vs every 215 for Gregory.

We haven't been scoring all season, only now Kamberi has been given a chance, 16 games in.

At Gregory's minutes, he'd have 7 or 11 at CF. 

But we all know that Kamberi will get dropped as soon as he's fit again.

Gregory is our best forward, I think there's little doubt about that.

It's also obvious that we are better with 2 up front. That means Gregory and another, which will be probably Kamberi or Paterson. Berahino hasn't shown he's worth a place in the side.

• Thanks 1

I think we need to bring in some height and leadership and we need to galvanize by bringing in a Loovens type of player. We had him before and the last time I looked he was on the bench.. that man is Aiden Flint who would be great at this level.

• Like 1