Three changes to supercharge and reignite PROMOTION!!

5 hours ago, andrew1974 said:

Sign more wingers..

seriously.

• Cancel the loans of anyone who isn’t featuring as soon as possible, they’re still costing money. 
  • bring in an experienced central defender to play alongside iorfa (someone who has the influence Loovens had)
  • sign a left back
  • Make someone other than Barry captain so he can concentrate on playing and not tearing a strip off the next player who incurs his displeasure

alright, that’s 4

or

attack, attack, attack

I completely agree with having someone else appointed as captain too. His ‘outbursts’ are unprofessional to say the least. IMO I would have made Liam Palmer captain for this season, comes across as professional and level headed and I think a defender is better positioned to see more of the run of play.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

1. Play this team 

BPF

Hunt     Iorfa.    Hutch.  Johnson.

Adeniran FDB Bannan Brown

Gregory Corbeanu 

2. Get balls and bodies in the box. 

3. Get the guys not in the team playing in the u23's games - Sow, Shodipo, Kamberi, Byer, Wing, Gibson (whoever's not injured) - get them scoring goals, making assists, doing tackles and enjoying playing football to get their confidence up and increase pressure for places for the right reasons. Competition for places needs to be about who's pushing for game time not about who's making the fewest mistakes.

I like the look of this team with the exception of Brown. I would put Johnson there and Palmer at left back. That is until we get a proper left footed left back.  Then we would have to find room for Luongo and Windass when/if fit.

Guest DoesJackHunt
9 minutes ago, FranksanOwl said:

I like the look of this team with the exception of Brown. I would put Johnson there and Palmer at left back. That is until we get a proper left footed left back.  Then we would have to find room for Luongo and Windass when/if fit.

I thought Brown could play there until Luongo is fit and we can move Bannan left. Brown has a good game then a bad game so if he can sort his consistency out I think he could do a job there.

windass to come in for Corbeanu probably and yeah Palmer can play either full back and Johnson could push forward. I just think the balance is better with Brown and Johnson than Palmer.

but I get what your saying, Browns not been at his best recently 

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

1) Choose a starting eleven and stick with it for a few games

2) Play players only in their natural positions

3) Give them the brief that the target that game is to get as many shots on target as possible

Correct.

although the main change should be the change of management team to achieve the above 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, OneManBand said:

Ours usually start with a gripe.

This club is the equivalent of opening a bottle of wine, finding its corked and tipping the lot down the sink.

What you thought was going to be a great night of drinking wine, getting your missus tipsy and ending in erotic sex turns out to be money tipped down the drain, your wife going to bed early and you having a glass of Ribena whilst watching Gardeners World 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, poite said:

This club is the equivalent of opening a bottle of wine, finding its corked and tipping the lot down the sink.

What you thought was going to be a great night of drinking wine, getting your missus tipsy and ending in erotic sex turns out to be money tipped down the drain, your wife going to bed early and you having a glass of Ribena whilst watching Gardeners World 

Great analogy.

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

3) Give them the brief that the target that game is to get as many shots on target as possible

Sounds good, but do we need to add something to finally "gel" and become a team instead of individual players? 

3) Give them the brief that they have to play as a TEAM till the final whistle 

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

1) I believe this is taking shape. I did some stats on Liverpool and on average, they make four changes per game. No one, in modern football, plays the same XI every week. What I believe you are saying, is we need a consistent nucleus. Iorfa/Dunks, the midfield 3 and Gregory/Patto are now settled for me and will be consistently picked for the next few games.

2) This baffles me with every manager we have ever had, including Moore. Again, the modern game has moved on and players should be more than capable of playing various positions. My Dad, who played with Dooley, always said he hated the modern game (90/00/10s etc) because players were so one dimensional and limited in technical ability. He said in his day, he didn’t settle into a position until he was 23/24, they were expected to play a wide range. He became an inside left e.g. an attacker in a front 3. Mason mount epitomises a modern footballer for me, comfortable and capable in various positions. But left footers on the left, wingers as centre halves, does seem a step too far.

3) I agree we need to put more emphasis on attack, given the attributes of the players we have in the squad.

Mine would be:

1) Adopt a Mourinho siege mentality, shutting out criticism from local press and the element of fans who are frustrated. Keep media briefs to a minimum at mo and adopt a minimalist approach to interviews.

2) Take more risks from the off. With the spine above, we have strength, athleticism and ability. Wrap them with game changers.

3) Go more direct and trust your new midfield and riskier players to get up the field, more than the oppositions.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, wiltonowl said:

Gregory is a box player and as never been a hold up player.

If we played to his strength he would score plenty.

So

Play wingers

Move ball quicker

Play Paterson alongside Gregory.

Pato wins ball,knocks it down in box Gregory scores,easy easy

Patto or Gregory can not win balls,headers,knockdowns or even hold ball up and take pressure off,they are both very poor target men...