Three changes to supercharge and reignite PROMOTION!!

4 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

He's the reason we're playing 532, not 4231, he couldn't do it.

He's the reason we can't play direct, as he gets beat to any pass more than 10 yards long.

With him we have 5 goals. We have not scored more than 1 open play goal per game with him starting.

Without him we can play with the wingers, with pace, with movement, with everyone in the positions they're best at.

All the things everyone's asking for.

This......

Mobile attack,makes defences make gaps and space..

Easy job in world to mark Gregory and Patto..youd never be out of breath and win every header..

Shodipo,Berihino and Corbeanu would be my front 3..

UTO

2 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

This......

Easy job in world to mark Gregory and Patto..youd never be out of breath and win every header..

UTO

v Oxford. Played 4231.

1st half, finished 0-1, 5 shots, 1 on target. Gregory went off with 0 shots.

2nd half, finished 1-2, 9 shots, 4 on target, 1 goal, good penalty shout.

In that second half we did everything that everyone's been asking for. Pace, wing play, direct balls.

It was the only half we've played 4231 without Gregory since Rotherham.

I honestly thought that this was the turning point of our season, we'd drop 4231, play the wingers, play attacking football.

DM bottled it and went with Gregory and we're still not scoring....

Playing with Gregory is like playing with the manager's son in the GT league or whatever it's called now.

He just hangs around between the 6 yard box and the penalty spot doing nothing and gets the goals while everyone else does the work, then his dad (the manager) uses his goalscoring record when the parents complain.

13 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

v Oxford. Played 4231.

1st half, finished 0-1, 5 shots, 1 on target. Gregory went off with 0 shots.

2nd half, finished 1-2, 9 shots, 4 on target, 1 goal, good penalty shout.

In that second half we did everything that everyone's been asking for. Pace, wing play, direct balls.

It was the only half we've played 4231 without Gregory since Rotherham.

I honestly thought that this was the turning point of our season, we'd drop 4231, play the wingers, play attacking football.

DM bottled it and went with Gregory and we're still not scoring....

Playing with Gregory is like playing with the manager's son in the GT league or whatever it's called now.

He just hangs around between the 6 yard box and the penalty spot doing nothing and gets the goals while everyone else does the work, then his dad (the manager) uses his goalscoring record when the parents complain.

5 goal's

Leading goal scorer

that's what he does

19 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

5 goal's

Leading goal scorer

that's what he does

Any of our other strikers would have 5 or more with the opportunities he's had, not to mention we changed our formation and style of play to suit him.

It's a binary choice.

1. 4231, wingers, players in their own positions and direct play.

2. Gregory and tippy tappy slow build up.

We've tried Gregory, it hasn't worked. 

23 hours ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Shocking player....slow,cant win headers,dosent hold ball up,takes no pressure off,bounces off him,could have had near double figures with the sitters he has missed....

Enough said..

Thought Dennis scored Sat?

He was fouled all game on Saturday. 

23 hours ago, andrew1974 said:

Sign more wingers..

seriously.

• Cancel the loans of anyone who isn’t featuring as soon as possible, they’re still costing money. 
  • bring in an experienced central defender to play alongside iorfa (someone who has the influence Loovens had)
  • sign a left back
  • Make someone other than Barry captain so he can concentrate on playing and not tearing a strip off the next player who incurs his displeasure

alright, that’s 4

or

attack, attack, attack

Agree with all except one point. Loan players don’t always have their wages paid by the receiving club. Often the club loaning out will pay the wages, however if the player isn’t getting the game time they could be recalled and loaned elsewhere where they will. 

The loaner club will pay the wages still where they believe the loanee club will provide development to their investment. 

Guest DoesJackHunt
15 hours ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

This......

UTO

Shodipo has looked very easy to mark. Much easy than Gregory and Paterson 

5 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

Any of our other strikers would have 5 or more with the opportunities he's had, not to mention we changed our formation and style of play to suit him.

It's a binary choice.

1. 4231, wingers, players in their own positions and direct play.

2. Gregory and tippy tappy slow build up.

We've tried Gregory, it hasn't worked. 

Like Barry Bannan over the last 6 season's?

• Thanks 1

On 26/10/2021 at 09:29, @owlstalk said:

1) Choose a starting eleven and stick with it for a few games

2) Play players only in their natural positions

3) Give them the brief that the target that game is to get as many shots on target as possible

1) and 2) compromised by our usual injury/keep my reputation out of the firing line record.  But I'm with you in principle

On 26/10/2021 at 16:14, Tewkesbury said:

He's the reason we're playing 532, not 4231, he couldn't do it.

He's the reason we can't play direct, as he gets beat to any pass more than 10 yards long.

With him we have 5 goals. We have not scored more than 1 open play goal per game with him starting.

Without him we can play with the wingers, with pace, with movement, with everyone in the positions they're best at.

All the things everyone's asking for.

Serious question: Who says that he could not adapt to another formation? Did he say this himself? 

2 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Serious question: Who says that he could not adapt to another formation? Did he say this himself? 

Remember all of those games between Rotherham and Bolton where he was useless?

All the ones where we played 4231?

Where he couldn't adapt to being lone striker?

Those games say that.

6 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

Remember all of those games between Rotherham and Bolton where he was useless?

All the ones where we played 4231?

Where he couldn't adapt to being lone striker?

Those games say that.

Can't disagree that those games were not his best performance.

I am a very poor judge on formations and strategy, but I just wonder, if he really would/could not adapt within a few games???  Maybe one of the reasons was just that the team had not "gelled"?? 

I just can't believe that a striker would not be able to adapt to play as lone striker when we ask the other players to play in completely different positions all the time.

14 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Can't disagree that those games were not his best performance.

I am a very poor judge on formations and strategy, but I just wonder, if he really would/could not adapt within a few games???  Maybe one of the reasons was just that the team had not "gelled"?? 

I just can't believe that a striker would not be able to adapt to play as lone striker when we ask the other players to play in completely different positions all the time.

He doesn't have the pace or movement for it.

Watch Kamberi or Berahino when they played there in that formation. Always moving, dragging the CBs around, moving them back by always threatening to run behind and creating space for others.

Gregory is just too slow. Defenders don't care if he runs, as they catch him instantly. Look at the runs he's made. He's been put through clear 4-5 tines so far this season and not got a shot off. 

He thrives in a packed box slow build up, proper poacher, getting a toe on stuff.

The 4231 was all about runs and pace, hence all the wingers. 532 is slow build up, making runs and balls from midfield into the packed box.

• Like 1