Darren Moore - I don't care!

1 minute ago, markg said:

No mate, I read my original post back and it wasn’t well worded.

i thought that wildsmith did well and looked composed in whatever he did. Certainly did enough for me but I’m not sure which way Moore will go.

If BPF had made one mistake and then had to miss out due to international duty and then lost his place I’d think that it was a bit harsh, but after a few mistakes then it might be harsh on wildsmith. He might think that if he doesn’t get his chance after that then when will he 

Agreed.

Peacock-Farrell has made 3 costly errors recently. 

That many errors that lead to goals over a course of half a season or more can be overlooked but when it happens in the space of 4 games and the understudy comes in and does a competent job Wildsmith has a right to think he should get a chance.

I've been critical of Wildsmith in the past but I'd go on form. If Peacock-Farrel stood out as a far better leader and organiser of the back line then he might get more leeway but I'm not sure he does. I think it is better in the long term to have a settled number one but not if he is out of form.   

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Why do we always get managers who are worried about the opposition?

We have to tailor our game to every single side in league one? What a load of nonsense. Yes, you identify weaknesses and potential strengths, but surely we are good enough to go to most games, play our style and win? 

Why give yourself just two days to work on a formation? 

I've never understood it. Even when we have a clearly superior team to another, playing on home turf where you would expect the players to feel comfortable and perform at their best, we bend to counter the opposition. Perhaps only Carlos in recent memory didn't. Maybe megson? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

I've never understood it. Even when we have a clearly superior team to another, playing on home turf where you would expect the players to feel comfortable and perform at their best, we bend to counter the opposition. Perhaps only Carlos in recent memory didn't. Maybe megson? 

Megson for a time, Jones in his first six or so months...Carlos for a period and tbf I thought Bruce just let us go at it for his brief period here.

But even some of those ended up getting more and more negative over time.

Moore seems to me like Monk tbh. Talks about wanting to play a certain brand of football, but then churns out this sort of passive, nothing football where occasionally we pick up a positive result.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SiJ said:

We have to tailor our game to every single side in league one? What a load of nonsense. Yes, you identify weaknesses and potential strengths, but surely we are good enough to go to most games, play our style and win? 

Said a few weeks back that the front 3, with the options we’ve got, should be the Swiss Army Knife of this squad. 

The back 5 picked itself at the start of the season. BPF, Hunt, Iorfa, Hutchinson & Palmer rarely looked like conceding a goal. Wing, Bannan & Adeniran looked like a brilliant balance of energy, craft and guile. The rest, the front 3, you pick based on the oppositions weaknesses. Strong teams you go with battlers & experience like Paterson & Johnson, the softer centred teams you go with the unpredictability of a Corbeanu or Sow. 

• Like 2

Ignoring some of the personal attacks on Moore tonight. 

The way we've played so far this season and the brand of football has been pretty ugly and depressing. We poo ourselves when anyone gets into us. We can't keep the ball. We create very few chances a game. We look knackered and lethargic compared to most teams. 

Then he comes out and states that he doesn't care about performances. So bizarre. He deserves to be heavily questioned.

• Like 3

I thought Moore did well to recognise where we were going wrong in the first half and made the tactical changes at half time which made a difference in the second half….

Until I heard Moore’s interview where he admitted he only made subs due to injuries 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Miffed said:

I thought Moore did well to recognise where we were going wrong in the first half and made the tactical changes at half time which made a difference in the second half….

Until I heard Moore’s interview where he admitted he only made subs due to injuries 

Quite.

He actually was forced into the changes.

Even worse.

5 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

'I don't care about performances, but a win is a win, I thought we did well, credit to the boys, Bolton were the best side we have played, and we have done them, the game plan was get the ball wide and it worked with the goal, I'm pleased today.' 

We only had Thursday and Friday to plan the system and it worked!

I'm always going to change our systems and today we were gritty and dug in and this is League 1 for you'.

Well he doesn't care about performances, I'll bet he didn't mention that when being interviewed. So we're going to see poo performances the rest of the season.

He admits he's always going to change his systems, no wonder the players don't seem to have any cohesion especially when you consider he changes personnel as well. Apparently he's been working on this one for 48 hours!

This guy talks BS.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bradowl said:

Two Weeks??? :tango:

It took him 2 season's, in his second season in charge we finished 14th in this league. 

I doubt that many of our fans of today would be happy with finishing 14th this season no matter what style of football we play. 

Couldn't agree more. There's a lot of rose-tinted specs on here.

If Owlstalk had been around in 78/79 there would have been the same people complaining about the style of football, Charlton not having a 'Plan B' and calling for his head. He probably wouldn't have been given a second full season.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Supersiggi2 said:

He said they were both injured. 

Now Hutchinson will come out and say "I wasn't injured". 

Deja vu 

That actually makes it worse.

He was forced into changing the system; a system that wasn't working.

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

Modern game I’m afraid 

You should hear Pep and Klopp when Burnley come to town….. shittin it about Chris Wood I tell thi 

• Haha 2