Darren Moore - I don't care!

I still back Moore but that was an awful interview. He sort of said that Bolton are the best side in the division because they play a settled formation whilst we will keep changing ours according to the opposition. In other words we aren't as good and we don't want an identity. 

I'm not sure of our best 11 or our best formation, but it's clear we don't score enough goals and we don't force ourselves onto our opponents. As previous stats threads have shown, we never score 2 in consecutive matches, we never come back from being behind, the expected goals are one of the worst in the division and players who have excelled last season (Shodipo & Wing) look a shadow of the player they were, all worrying signs. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

why change the formation though?

He could have kept the formation with the subs he used - the one he has just claimed worked so well to get us the win after just 2 days working on it - yet he didn't, and we only got the win after the change of formation and even then it was more by luck than judgement. 

Surely he can't think that was a perfectly executed performance? 

Probably changed it because of Dunkley

And how did we win by Luck ?  We scored and Bolton didn’t ,  and once we got that goal we worked hard and closed the game out

Possession and stats are all well and good aren’t they , but they don’t win you games , goals do 

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It's not just about playing well. It's about playing with a belief that the system works, do you really think we are showing any of that? If anything we have gone backwards from a good opening month.

It wasn't particularly pretty under Sturrock or Megson at this level either but at least they looked like they had a considered plan which the teams trusted. 

Well I think he's overcomplicating it a bit and probably chopping and changing too much. But I can see what he's trying to do. There's nothing wrong with adapting to the oppositions tactics (worked well in the Wigan game). But I definitely think we'd be better off trying to dictate games more at home with our own game plan.

• Like 1

He’s a man who knows the end is near unless he changes it around very quickly.

Fans are getting more disgruntled by the week, performance is worse by the week. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if his fate isn’t already sealed and Chansiri is looking for a new man. 

If he thinks Bolton are the best team we’ve played, (Plymouth and Oxford loads better) then he has truly lost the plot, they are band average but a lot better than us. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

???

Both built squads that got out of this league with frees and loans. Both had a huge turnover of players too. It can be done, and is usually how it’s done at this level. The cost of your signings is not a valid argument in League One for me. 

8 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

I’m not saying they are not good enough, I’m trying to understand why a decent proportion of our fans believe we have one of the better squads in the league. 

Do you think Bolton have a better squad than us?

They were in the 4th division last season and barely had any senior players at all. They are still above us in the table. As are Plymouth, Rotherham, Wycombe, MK Dons and Oxford. We have acquired some of the players that were among the best at a few of those clubs last season and they are not our best.

Our squad is better than what the manager is subjecting them, and us to.

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Probably changed it because of Dunkley

And how did we win by Luck ?  We scored and Bolton didn’t ,  and once we got that goal we worked hard and closed the game out

Possession and stats are all well and good aren’t they , but they don’t win you games , goals do 

We weren't fortunate that Bolton didn't score today?

He didn't say he changed it because of Dunkley though did he - he said his tactical masterclass that he worked on for 2 days won the game for us (ignoring the fact that we were useless with those tactics for 45 minutes and then they were ditched). 

4 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Well I think he's overcomplicating it a bit and probably chopping and changing too much. But I can see what he's trying to do. There's nothing wrong with adapting to the oppositions tactics (worked well in the Wigan game). But I definitely think we'd be better off trying to dictate games more at home with our own game plan.

I agree with the majority of this post but not the highlighted bit.

Tell me what he is trying to do because I can't see it.

He said his 2-day game plan won us the game today but it clearly didn't.

Can you see what he is trying to do with Berahino? 

19 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

'clubs will drop off'

But we won't playing like that.

OK.

Did you enjoy watching us today.

How many times have you enjoyed watching this season? 

It's not about enjoying it apparently, it's about watching absolute dog poo and getting 3 points.

Big D isn't bothered.

Just now, markg said:

I enjoyed today. We won

I am delighted we won.

I can't say I enjoyed watching it much, other than the goal and the final whistle. 

15 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I am not saying we should be running away with it, just competitive and with a game plan that suits the players we have.

Do you think the sides we are coming up against have far better squads than us - Plymouth, Morecambe, Shrewsbury, Oxford? Wigan and Bolton don't have a pot to p*ss in and have had huge changes to their squads recently, as have many teams, they seem more cohesive than us. 

Are you seriously saying Moore is getting the best out of what he has?  

I honestly don’t know how good our squad is or isn’t but I do know that if people (not necessarily you hirsty) overhype them we can only be disappointed because the team won’t match unrealistic expectations. 
We didn’t have a pot to ******** in last season, we couldn’t afford to pay wages. We’ve lost £7.5m revenue and inherited a loan repayment fee so I’m assuming it’s not Spendageddon II. 
I don’t think Moore is getting the best out of what he has, based on a lack of shape, cohesion & patterns of play. I expected more from Wing & Shodipo after their performances last season

However, given we were relegated without any fight, Im ok with being 5 points off the top of the league with a game in hand after only 11 games. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rodger Wylde said:

It's not about enjoying it apparently, it's about watching absolute dog poo and getting 3 points.

Big D isn't bothered.

The result came as a relief when the final whistle blew.

The goal was a very enjoyable experience as it was not something I was expecting based on the previous hour. 

8 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

He’s a man who knows the end is near unless he changes it around very quickly.

Fans are getting more disgruntled by the week, performance is worse by the week. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if his fate isn’t already sealed and Chansiri is looking for a new man. 

If he thinks Bolton are the best team we’ve played, (Plymouth and Oxford loads better) then he has truly lost the plot, they are band average but a lot better than us. 

Clearly aren’t a lot better than us are they because they just got beat …

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I am delighted we won.

I can't say I enjoyed watching it much, other than the goal and the final whistle. 

Hopefully they’ll get a bit of confidence in getting back to clean sheets and the performances might come.

maybe I’m being overly optimistic though 

System, Game Plan, 

There is none

Its simply change the personnel move their positions and call it a system or a game plan

I think today Moore has tried to make us think he’s a tactical magician saying he only had 48hrs to change the system 

Crackers innit 

Manager after manager saying the same things overthinking it

Football really isn’t this complicated

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Kelfin Platz said:

Watch this space. It won't be long before he's getting £20 notes out, screwing them up,  throwing them about and spouting gibberish.Remember where you heard it. 

He'd get a £20 note out, look at it for a while then put it back in his pocket, get a £10 note out, look at that for a bit, get the £20 note out again, hold a note in each hand, look at both notes, say Erm a few times put them both back in his pocket and walk out mumbling 'systems'.

6 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

He also said plan was to put crosses into the box.

We put 2 crosses in all game.

And if you want to put crosses in play wingers.

Or get your wing backs up the pitch.

First half we were playing with 7 defensive players at times - Bannan and Hutch just in front of what was effectively a back 5.

Absolutely dire until he went to 4-4-2

• Love 1