Darren Moore - I don't care!

3 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

I don’t mind the performance in the second half.  We weren’t spectacular we managed to score and we were fairly solid. Play like that every week for me as long as we pick up wins.

But the first half we were terrible and against a team who takes their chances, we might have been in real trouble. They have got to wake up. 

And the second half performance only came about as a result of enforced changes at half-time. His tactical approach to the game which he said worked perfectly failed. 

7 hours ago, davetherivelinowl said:

That's a really interesting analysis, pointing out several things I didn't see or consider at the time. It makes me think that maybe there was some logic to how we set up - I just thought he'd lost the plot. I still don't think it was right but perhaps it wasn't as brainless as I thought.

Thanks. I’m not convinced by it was the right choice either but it was a plan and it’s what he meant when he said he’d seen the players doing what he’d asked them to do. The bit the confused me most was why the players hadn’t been practicing for that approach for a week. Most of the players who started yesterday were never going to be playing on Tuesday so why we didn’t have them running the drills all week I don’t know. Maybe some of them had but we’d just not done it as a whole 11 or maybe the idea didn’t come until midweek either way it worked and we should all be happy it did. 

I didn't see the game yesterday but was well chuffed when I saw the result (very unexpected) so was quite surprised when I started to see the reactions of the majority on here. However, I am reliably informed that we really were crap (again) yesterday.

Darren is right in so far as a win is a win, especially when you aren't playing well, but as the old saying goes, eventually results will catch up with performances. It certainly doesn't feel like we are a team who are good enough to be in touch with the top 2, yet here we are.

Unless we start scoring more though, there is no way we'll be anywhere the top come the 2nd half of the season.

On 09/10/2021 at 12:47, TaxiMark said:

'I don't care about performances, but a win is a win, I thought we did well, credit to the boys, Bolton were the best side we have played, and we have done them, the game plan was get the ball wide and it worked with the goal, I'm pleased today.' 

We only had Thursday and Friday to plan the system and it worked!

I'm always going to change our systems and today we were gritty and dug in and this is League 1 for you'.

Oh boy! I don't care about performances he says. I would agree if this was a must win game to get us a promotion to the Championship. However, watching this crap is not worth the money. We need a settled side with tactics not a friggin excuse from Moore.