How long do we give him?

3 minutes ago, Eastcoastowl said:

What’s with people these days expecting instant success? 
maybe having 15 managers in 20 years is the problem ? Mangers just ain’t given any time these days. 

We aren’t playing well.

We’re not getting results. 

We don’t even look like we have the foundation of knowing what the first choice team is. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

The goalkeeper just threw the ball into his own net 

Really? Fake news surely. I merely give my opinion regarding Darren Moore’s tactical awareness in the matches he has been in charge for this season and last. I don’t see any progress made, I don’t see teams being taken apart when we have a lead…any success seems very accidental, unintentional and unplanned…but let’s wait and see what DM has to say this week after the game.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

He said in his interview tonight “it’s my job to see the wood through the trees” :duntmatter:

I’ve commented on this before but I honestly think it sounds like he rehearses his post match interviews. Like he’s listened to other managers talk and thinks he needs to talk like that too in order to sound more intelligent.

Don’t know about rehearsing, but I think there’s a lot of truth in the last sentence. He sounds unintelligent because he is. It also shows in how he constructs sentences and speaks. You don’t have to be intelligent to be a football manager, but as a minimum you need tactical awareness and/or intelligence (preferably both). He makes it appear that he has neither.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sternlad said:

Really? Fake news surely. I merely give my opinion regarding Darren Moore’s tactical awareness in the matches he has been in charge for this season and last. I don’t see any progress made, I don’t see teams being taken apart when we have a lead…any success seems very accidental, unintentional and unplanned…but let’s wait and see what DM has to say this week after the game.

Exactly what he says every game...

3 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

We aren’t playing well.

We’re not getting results. 

We don’t even look like we have the foundation of knowing what the first choice team is. 

If you get the right one yeah..agree

We ain't got the right 1 at the no....deffo

11 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

He said in his interview tonight “it’s my job to see the wood through the trees” :duntmatter:

I’ve commented on this before but I honestly think it sounds like he rehearses his post match interviews. Like he’s listened to other managers talk and thinks he needs to talk like that too in order to sound more intelligent.

If he was my manager I'd be needing someone to dig me in the ribs to wake me up, he's never been a manager.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sternlad said:

Can’t wait for the post match interview with DM. I don’t think he’s got much of a clue tactically, but is there not an attacking coach and a defensive coach in the first team set up? Just how “professional” are we as a club coaching team? It all seems a bit Mickey Mouse to me, like the players are trying to play to a game plan that they don’t fully understand how to implement on the pitch. All these training videos we see are all well and good but is the coaching effective in terms of getting points?

Game plan,

To be honest get the ball forward asap,

You ain't gonna concede if the ball is in the opponents half

Playing out from the back..leave it to Man City..

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 2hoots said:

Don’t know about rehearsing, but I think there’s a lot of truth in the last sentence. He sounds unintelligent because he is. It also shows in how he constructs sentences and speaks. You don’t have to be intelligent to be a football manager, but as a minimum you need tactical awareness and/or intelligence (preferably both). He makes it appear that he has neither.

This ^

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RichieB said:

No, I rate Monk and Moore very similar, neither are anything special at all, and the biggest problem at this club has always been DC, and to me it doesn't matter who the manager is we won't succeed while he's here. 

You wanted Monk out believing we would improve yet we've got worse, proving that he was never the problem you thought he was, I on the other hand don't care who the manager is while DC is here, and it seems you've reached that thought process too now. We may aswell keep Moore. 

As I said in an earlier post in this thread, we let Moore go then it’s down to DC to

make another appointment which is pointless in the grand scheme of things which you obviously agree with?

Would Monk have done the job that was required had he been left to do so. We’ll never know. The fact no other club has took a punt on him since he left here suggests there is doubt elsewhere in the game that he would have.

If Moore got the push here, I think he would get another League 1 job easily and of course that’s the level we’re now at.

I’m not that blind that I can’t see the merits in some of the opinions flying around on here tonight but it is a brand new squad and there are undoubted teething problems which was always possible and in all fairness probable.

I think Bannan’s likely absence on Tuesday might be a kick start forward as I think Wing will be given more responsibility and Adeniran is looking an unbelievable acquisition and let’s face it we don’t get him without Moore.

Getting more players closer to Gregory is crucial in moving forward so a tweak in formation is required but I do think Moore will sort it out. If he doesn’t then I look forward the ‘I Told You So’s’ coming out in force 🤣

Something in all fairness I never did with regards to Monk 😊

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I would give him the boot tonight, it’s gets worse as the weeks go by. 

Yep.

It's very obvious,  I'm struggling to see why some defend him...give him a chance etc etc.

They are his players, his tactics and has had plenty of games. (the gelling bolox)

I could understand if there was signs of  better things to come; there isn’t.

The tip tapping shyte from the back is foooking nuts...he ain't no Pep or even CC..and we do not have the players, why can't he see it?

Tactical subs are none existent.

The goalie error today gives reason for excuses and a fair point.

But foookin ell, we ended up with exactly what we deserved.

• Like 3

Guest Derby owl
47 minutes ago, Andy W said:

This is a poor group of players, I cannot understand anyone thinking otherwise.

We are a vvv average (at best) side.

What happens now is that DM tells us we will regroup, learn, etc etc etc etc, then it will happen next game then DM tells us we will regr......you get the cycle?

Absolutely correct!

16 minutes ago, 2hoots said:

So we are getting personal and having a go at how he speaks.

Real classy stuff.

• Like 1