How long do we give him?

18 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

It's fine there'll be loads of cool training videos out this week of us 'back to work' and 'we go again vibes'. 

Im surprised out of all the things that this bothers people tbh. Clubs will release these videos, win lose or draw. It’s a constant, they don’t just churn them out when we’re winning 

• Haha 1

Can’t wait for the post match interview with DM. I don’t think he’s got much of a clue tactically, but is there not an attacking coach and a defensive coach in the first team set up? Just how “professional” are we as a club coaching team? It all seems a bit Mickey Mouse to me, like the players are trying to play to a game plan that they don’t fully understand how to implement on the pitch. All these training videos we see are all well and good but is the coaching effective in terms of getting points?

• Like 1

Yardstick is 10 games, next game Wigan will be 9.

Nothing I have seen with Moore that convinces me he is the man to take us up?

Imo we will do well to finish top 10 under him, look at the teams we have played, Shrewsbury last we was pathetic at home.

Club is going  backwards at a alarming rate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, sternlad said:

Can’t wait for the post match interview with DM. I don’t think he’s got much of a clue tactically, but is there not an attacking coach and a defensive coach in the first team set up? Just how “professional” are we as a club coaching team? It all seems a bit Mickey Mouse to me, like the players are trying to play to a game plan that they don’t fully understand how to implement on the pitch. All these training videos we see are all well and good but is the coaching effective in terms of getting points?

The goalkeeper just threw the ball into his own net 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We were doing ok till our keeper threw the ball into his own net ffs

No manager, tactics or style would change that 

Stop looking to twist anything and everything against our manager you nutters 

Today in islolation yeah…. But people are getting annoyed with the general performances week after week which haven’t been good enough with the players at Moore’s disposal 

• Like 2

He said in his interview tonight “it’s my job to see the wood through the trees” :duntmatter:

I’ve commented on this before but I honestly think it sounds like he rehearses his post match interviews. Like he’s listened to other managers talk and thinks he needs to talk like that too in order to sound more intelligent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

Yardstick is 10 games, next game Wigan will be 9.

Nothing I have seen with Moore that convinces me he is the man to take us up?

Imo we will do well to finish top 10 under him, look at the teams we have played, Shrewsbury last we was pathetic at home.

Club is going  backwards at a alarming rate.

And while we’re at it, let’s look at the games we won. We SCRAPED past bloody fleetwood at home, & two late goals to beat an utterly woeful Donny. Rotherham was the only half convincing performance of the season 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

My worry is that he relies a lot on meaningless jargon when he's communicating with the press.

If he's the same with the players it won't end well imo.

One of my biggest pet hates with managers. You end up with the media trained nonsense and them just repeating themselves week after week, Garry Monk was terrible for it as well. 

Show some personality, don’t become a robot. Managing Sheffield Wednesday needs a big personality. 

• Like 4

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

He said in his interview tonight “it’s my job to see the wood through the trees” :duntmatter:

I’ve commented on this before but I honestly think it sounds like he rehearses his post match interviews. Like he’s listened to other managers talk and thinks he needs to talk like that too in order to sound more intelligent.

Okayyyyyyy then

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Eastcoastowl said:

What’s with people these days expecting instant success? 
maybe having 15 managers in 20 years is the problem ? Mangers just ain’t given any time these days. 

I think we all know what the biggest problem at Hillsborough is.:Chansiri:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

And while we’re at it, let’s look at the games we won. We SCRAPED past bloody fleetwood at home, & two late goals to beat an utterly woeful Donny. Rotherham was the only half convincing performance of the season 

Need patience it's so early on, after Tuesday will have played 6 away out of opening  9 games.  Compared to Wigan ,/Sunderland who have had 6 home out of 9)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Eastcoastowl said:

What’s with people these days expecting instant success? 
maybe having 15 managers in 20 years is the problem ? Mangers just ain’t given any time these days. 

I think because as a minimum, the fans expect somewhat of a game plan and idea of playing 

That is a prerequisite for any team. If you don’t have that, how can you honestly expect results? 

Good passages of play and chances aren’t built off thin air. We don’t have the players to create ‘magical moments’.

We need structure, that doesn’t take months to implement. That should be apparent 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1