How long do we give him?

15 minutes ago, Jim said:

As I said in an earlier post in this thread, we let Moore go then it’s down to DC to

make another appointment which is pointless in the grand scheme of things which you obviously agree with?

I completely agree with that yes. 

Getting more players closer to Gregory is crucial in moving forward so a tweak in formation is required but I do think Moore will sort it out. If he doesn’t then I look forward the ‘I Told You So’s’ coming out in force 🤣

Something in all fairness I never did with regards to Monk 😊

You didn't say I told you so because you thought Monk was the problem, and removing him would improve us, it made us worse, we got relegated, so there was no "I told you so" to be said anyway, you were wrong. 

Moore has his own players in, in an easier league with what many consider to be a better squad than last season and still looking tactically clueless. Nice guy though. 

Like I said, I don't rate either manager, but then again neither of them are/were the problem at our club. 

Guest DoesJackHunt

He can have the season for me.

I like him, we need to improve on our recent performances but he’s brought some decent players in under the circumstances and we’ve only been really terrible in the Plymouth game in my opinion. I thought we edged today, edged last week and battered Morcombe. 

We probably need to have a think about bringing Wildsmith in and we need to work on our attacking threat and pressing as a team. 
We look solid enough defensively apart from BPF and we have loads of options in midfield and attack to put a good cohesive attacking unit together. Sometimes it takes time to get things right. I would give Darren Moore plenty of time to get it right personally. We aren’t going down, I know we all think we should be getting promoted but with so many new players it’s understandable that we are taking a bit of time to get things right isn’t it?

Don’t forget, we would have won today if BPF had any peripheral vision. 

1 minute ago, RichieB said:

I completely agree with that yes. 

You didn't say I told you so because you thought Monk was the problem, and removing him would improve us, it made us worse, we got relegated, so there was no "I told you so" to be said anyway, you were wrong. 

Moore has his own players in, in an easier league with what many consider to be a better squad than last season and still looking tactically clueless. Nice guy though. 

Like I said, I don't rate either manager, but then again neither of them are/were the problem at our club. 

Fair enough but Monk was as responsible as anyone for our relegation last season. Monk’s recruitment can’t hold a candle to Moore’s. I mean bringing in Marriott when he already had a similar player he didn’t use in Rhodes but that’s all in the past now. See where we are at Christmas.

3 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

So we are getting personal and having a go at how he speaks.

Real classy stuff.

Not having a go at all. How he speaks and communicates is an essential part of what he is/does. How he speaks and constructs sentences cannot be anything but personal - I’m criticising an aspect of what I see as a part of him that has a major impact on how he does his job and comes across not only to his public, but also, possibly, to his staff.

I think Moore would be a good assistant but clearly doesn’t have what it takes to be the main man. 

It’s unclear what’s his tactics are and how we’re meant to be set up to play. The midfield lacks bite and his subs are at times baffling. 

I’d give him half a season and if we’re still not challenging get rid. Need someone in who has the intelligence to understand team shape and different ways of playing - not just throw eleven players on the pitch and hope for the best. 

On the plus side I think Moore is very good at putting an arm round players and getting them pulling together; again an attribute that would make him a perfect assistant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 2hoots said:

Not having a go at all. How he speaks and communicates is an essential part of what he is/does. How he speaks and constructs sentences cannot be anything but personal - I’m criticising an aspect of what I see as a part of him that has a major impact on how he does his job and comes across not only to his public, but also, possibly, to his staff.

How he speaks is a major part of his job? You are just mocking his speech really and hinting he is thick.

So poor.

Fair enough but Monk was as responsible as anyone for our relegation last season. Monk’s recruitment can’t hold a candle to Moore’s. I mean bringing in Marriott when he already had a similar player he didn’t use in Rhodes but that’s all in the past now. See where we are at Christmas.

I think starting the season on - 12 points had something to do with that, good players weren't jumping through hoops to join a sinking ship and rightly so.... there's one guy we can thank for that eh... 

reface-2021-03-18-08-57-42.gif.e55a68fe1ac43a9e5d81726db9a3ff2e.gif.1ded58b1ee4c380dc326a0a1b57b0085.gif

• Like 1

The rest of the season for me cos

a) if we replace him who with and whats the point, we are an also ran in the football world

b) at the end of the season there can be no excuses as regards players brought in, released, tactics etc etc.

c) we are what is commonly known as a busted flush past the point of no return for recover

IMHO

I’d give him till Chrimbo. If we are top 10 and a win or two off top 6 he can stay. I never really though this was a promotion season despite what the players said. Consolidate this season, have a go at the playoffs and up next season. 
But if we aren’t going to get to the playoffs I think it’s bullet time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

I’d give him till Chrimbo. If we are top 10 and a win or two off top 6 he can stay. I never really though this was a promotion season despite what the players said. Consolidate this season, have a go at the playoffs and up next season. 
But if we aren’t going to get to the playoffs I think it’s bullet time. 

We aren't getting anywhere near the play offs

Just now, CircleSeven said:

Probably not. And if we don’t as per my post we should probably sack the manager at that point. 

As per your post yes I see that point of view.

But we are hardly an attractive proposition who would come?

I understand the reluctance to keep firing managers, but he needs to get on the front foot and install some belief that we have enough to press other teams and win games.

4 points just tossed away in 2 games. Not good enough, and we'll drift around in mid table unless we can put matches to bed.

Moore doesn't strike me as having a 3/4-0 game in him. 

Knows the league.  That's all I know, that Moore knows the league.  

What use that is in gaining points I'm yet to see, but he knows the league.  If Einstein was alive and needed to know about League One, he'd be calling Moore.  No ******** around, get Moore on the blower and talk business.

If we sack Moore, which I hope we don't because he knows the league, I hope Lowe is the replacement.  He knows the club.