How long do we give him?

Last week everyone was saying:

Put Hutch back in defence. He did it.

Sort out playing from the back: He didn't sort it completely but he put Wing back there to take over from Hutch and it was looking a lot better. 

Move Bannan forward: Did it.

Put a left footer in at left back. Did that too.

Pretty much every complaint on here last week was covered. It's not perfect, but it is an improvement.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

God knows why he took all our pace off at 1-0 up. Really poor management for me. Ipswich going for it, perfect chance to hit them on the break. Instead he took Shodipo and Berahino off and left Corbeanu and Sow on the bench!

In fact a couple of times the ball broke incredibly kindly for us but it was Gregory and Paterson with the ball. Arguably our two slowest players.

That’s quite a cowardly way to use subs, surely Berahino should be playing alongside Gregory/ Kamberi that is where he’ll score goals for the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MightyOwl said:

I think Moore would be a good assistant but clearly doesn’t have what it takes to be the main man. 

It’s unclear what’s his tactics are and how we’re meant to be set up to play. The midfield lacks bite and his subs are at times baffling. 

I’d give him half a season and if we’re still not challenging get rid. Need someone in who has the intelligence to understand team shape and different ways of playing - not just throw eleven players on the pitch and hope for the best. 

On the plus side I think Moore is very good at putting an arm round players and getting them pulling together; again an attribute that would make him a perfect assistant.

Pull in Megson,

It worked at WBA 

what have we got to lose

We still look uncomfortable playing out from the back..ffs

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

EXACTLY 

Our keeper literally just threw the ball in his own net and caused us not to win

BPF isnt here to help us win promotion,all keepers,Pl Internationals,of all teams do such at some time,Ramsdale had an inauspicious start to his time at SUFC....now??

Our keeper is here to play first team football and get experience,and hopefully rid his self of the type of schoolboy error(s) we have recently seen,not be a silver bullet to cure all our ills...

I agree with DM he will most likley go on and play in the PL either for Burnley or another PL team after his loan period finish's

BPF error only mattered because we scored an early goal,and tried to hold on to a 1-0 lead,offering little or nothing up front with DM tactics.....DIRE,BORING,TEDIOUS.......

We will fast become a graveyard for young,promising GK to be an altar to be  sacrificed on......look past the Keepers error.....game should have been ours by 2,or 3 goals against a poor 3rd Div side....

Instead? unimaginative sideways and backwards ,slow ponderous play,leading no where with BB today having another dismal game in my view....

1 up front.......with no support.......

defend by getting the ball quickly into the opponents final third,and keep it there.....instead of ****ing about in our final third..'playing it out from the back'///

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Problem with Wednesday over the last 18 months under successive managers is that we don’t go for the second goal when one up. It’s a tactical and mental issue that DM has to resolve. HE has to learn that you have to kill teams off, and no better opportunity than when they are trying to get an equaliser as space opens up. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Andy W said:

The rest of the season for me cos

a) if we replace him who with and whats the point, we are an also ran in the football world

b) at the end of the season there can be no excuses as regards players brought in, released, tactics etc etc.

c) we are what is commonly known as a busted flush past the point of no return for recover

IMHO

NO not for me unless the penny drops and he realises that his playing out from the back & 433 isnt working....

If he cant(or wont) see that,than we will see more of the same,and will just sink lower...DM tactics are the problem....

8 minutes ago, MarvelOwls said:

Theres 38 games left.

Were you thinking automatic was a possibility? 

I wasnt. Hope for it but honestly would just love for us to give it a go and see where we end up with this brand new squad. A draw away to one of the promotion favourites isnt a bad result.

We go again Tuesday

Yes I bloody was! I think for a club like SWFC fans have every right to think automatic is possible. And anyway, right now we’re not giving it a go at all. Our games are turgid and low on attacking threat. I’d love a result on Tuesday but I’m struggling to see it right now. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Trying to win by hanging onto single goal leads for over HALF A DECADE saturates the players with nerves and creates a culture of failure.
Try outscoring the opposition and keep at it.
Works wonders for confidence.

Sick of turning up at Hillsborough and hoping for a good performance instead of expecting one.

Seriously can't remember the last time I left at full time with my voice hoarse from cheering and singing due to a dominant display.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can’t think of a manager these days outside the really top clubs who really goes for it. Most are spoilers or think they are master tacticians who can outfox their opposite number - yet rarely do.

DM falls into the category of an organised, methodical, conservative manager who doesn’t take a risk. If that gets results, as it did for Monk for a short period, fine, but if it doesn’t he won’t get much longer.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, parajack said:

BPF isnt here to help us win promotion,all keepers,Pl Internationals,of all teams do such at some time,Ramsdale had an inauspicious start to his time at SUFC....now??

Our keeper is here to play first team football and get experience,and hopefully rid his self of the type of schoolboy error(s) we have recently seen,not be a silver bullet to cure all our ills...

I agree with DM he will most likley go on and play in the PL either for Burnley or another PL team after his loan period finish's

BPF error only mattered because we scored an early goal,and tried to hold on to a 1-0 lead,offering little or nothing up front with DM tactics.....DIRE,BORING,TEDIOUS.......

We will fast become a graveyard for young,promising GK to be an altar to be  sacrificed on......look past the Keepers error.....game should have been ours by 2,or 3 goals against a poor 3rd Div side....

Instead? unimaginative sideways and backwards ,slow ponderous play,leading no where with BB today having another dismal game in my view....

1 up front.......with no support.......

defend by getting the ball quickly into the opponents final third,and keep it there.....instead of ****ing about in our final third..'playing it out from the back'///

Of course you are right 

But how many points has BPF cost us in the last three games 

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Willow Owl

Wonder if the ones calling for Moore to be sacked  were the same ones clamouring for us to appoint Paul Cook.
Let’s not forget he is the current Ipswich manager (today’s opponents), Has signed 14/15 new players (like us), A side in transition (like us), A side that played well in patches (like us), A side that looked awful in patches (like us), A side that were among the favourites for promotion (like us). A manager (like ours) that says they will only get better,  A team with 3 points less than us !!

My point, we are no worse off than a team in a similar situation to ours, With a manager a lot of our fan base wanted.

Calm the F..k down, we’ve played 8 games.

Thought we played alright today, any chances they had were down to couple of mistakes on our side. We still need to stop this insistance on always playing out from the back.

As for their goal, absolute howler from PF and couldn't believe what I was seeing. On a positive hell look over his shoulder now.

3 hours ago, Django said:

If Bannan scores his pen last week and PF takes his Tidman mask off then we’d have 5 or 6 more points on the board…. but I agree this form isn’t good enough and it could easily turn into a full blown crisis if we lose to Wigan in midweek

Im desperate for Moore to get this right but the signs don’t look good 

We have the squad for these mistakes to be irrelevant but we are as sharp up top as a spoon.

It doesn’t matter when the game is won and we are 3 up, we have the players to do it, yet week after week we try and win 1.0

tactical balance is completely wrong

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1