How long do we give him?

14 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I’d give him till Chrimbo. If we are top 10 and a win or two off top 6 he can stay. I never really though this was a promotion season despite what the players said. Consolidate this season, have a go at the playoffs and up next season. 
But if we aren’t going to get to the playoffs I think it’s bullet time. 

I love the old, 'we'll do it next season' attitude. We never do though do we. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, MightyOwl said:

I think Moore would be a good assistant but clearly doesn’t have what it takes to be the main man. 

It’s unclear what’s his tactics are and how we’re meant to be set up to play. The midfield lacks bite and his subs are at times baffling. 

I’d give him half a season and if we’re still not challenging get rid. Need someone in who has the intelligence to understand team shape and different ways of playing - not just throw eleven players on the pitch and hope for the best. 

On the plus side I think Moore is very good at putting an arm round players and getting them pulling together; again an attribute that would make him a perfect assistant.

Fair

3 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

BPF kept us in game in 3rd minute to be honest

I suppose he does have some attributes, but most keepers do. I've watched the goal over and over again - it's actually almost hypnotic - even showed it to the wife, who knows nothing really about football who said why didn't anyone shout, which is fair enough. However, I started to explain that this happens a lot and normally the keeper checks - not ours though, why would he.

Manager I believe will be a good manager for us .

We have a fragile squad divided into players who have spent 18 months not being paid and losing most weeks, and new players who are cast offs from other teams.  It will take time to develop the robust and confident mentality we need.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Tactics are grim

Subs are very questionable 

Fitness is poor

It’s like Irvine all over again 

God knows why he took all our pace off at 1-0 up. Really poor management for me. Ipswich going for it, perfect chance to hit them on the break. Instead he took Shodipo and Berahino off and left Corbeanu and Sow on the bench!

In fact a couple of times the ball broke incredibly kindly for us but it was Gregory and Paterson with the ball. Arguably our two slowest players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarvelOwls said:

Nobody is running away with it. 8 games in. Win the game in hand and we could be 5th.

Can we give the same players a run of games now? 6 games and see where we are

Sunderland and Wigan are consistently winning. In a months time they could be beyond out reach entirely. 

1 minute ago, Etchesketch said:

He missed a lot of last season with COVID to be fair and wasn't  at the club.

So do we not give him credit for the games we did well in when he was absent?

As his record looks worse if you don't 

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

God knows why he took all our pace off at 1-0 up. Really poor management for me. Ipswich going for it, perfect chance to hit them on the break. Instead he took Shodipo and Berahino off and left Corbeanu and Sow on the bench!

In fact a couple of times the ball broke incredibly kindly for us but it was Gregory and Paterson with the ball. Arguably our two slowest players.

Corbeanu wasn't on the bench.