How long do we give him?

What concerns me about Moore is we keep hearing the same thing “good point today,  we will get better,  we go again, we look at the positives” and repeat.  How many games into the season playing poorly and how far away from a promotion place do you have to get before you think “maybe we needed to get better sooner”.  I personally can’t believe we signed all those players in the summer, particularly the loan players, just so we can finish midtable and then lose all those players and have to start again.  This is seeming like a wasted season already to me

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Django said:

Apparently Moore said he revels in the pressure. He should love the atmosphere after defeat against Wigan when Oxford are giving us the runaround at Hillsborough next sat 

No win in the next 2 and I think it could be curtains for DM. From looking at social media tonight it seems a large percentage of the fan base are getting tired of the same old story. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

No win in the next 2 and I think it could be curtains for DM. From looking at social media tonight it seems a large percentage of the fan base are getting tired of the same old story. 

People aren’t daft 

Anyone firmly behind Moore is putting their faith in blind loyalty. He’s literally the most unqualified manager in my time watching Wednesday ( since 92) 

Like everyone else I was hoping we’d struck gold but I’ve come to the conclusion that we have another non starter 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

I reckon he'll be sacked around the festive period.

Chansiri isn't known for being trigger-happy, and he usually tarries until the season is lost.

1 hour ago, nile said:

My main worry is we don’t alter anything after the same weekly lacklustre performance except replacing players.

it’s the whole system and set up that’s wrong, we are completely toothless, with the players we have it’s criminal.

play to your strengths wednesday, get on the front foot and attack, stop giving the opposition too much respect.

if Moore keeps to this system and set up, he will be out the door with in a month.

No where near Spartan enough, mate.

2 hours ago, 4evaowl said:

Can’t think of a manager these days outside the really top clubs who really goes for it. Most are spoilers or think they are master tacticians who can outfox their opposite number - yet rarely do.

DM falls into the category of an organised, methodical, conservative manager who doesn’t take a risk. If that gets results, as it did for Monk for a short period, fine, but if it doesn’t he won’t get much longer.

Entertainment?VFM?...we just expected to put up with footballers kicking a ball around and think whooop****ingee?....

The whole purpose of the game is to move the ball FORWARD and towards your opponents goal,get in their third,18 Yard box,and get in shots on goal,cross into the box,win throw ins,free kicks,and corners.penaltys  by ATTACKING....often,in numbers,and with pace & power....

Anyone not want to see that?  Its Division three ffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!1  Not the Champions League...

What we frightened of? Ronaldo signed for WW or Accrington & ive not seen it?....

• Thanks 1

He'll be here all season I don't doubt that. 

What's going to happen is this, we'll continue to play without tactical direction and within the next half a dozen games a large part of the fanbase will have disengaged again. The feel good factor that was generated has already been negated, we've missed an opportunity to get some forward traction.

I believe we have players good enough to compete well in this league, the formation/style of play and general lack of direction is what's killing us. DM has to be pragmatic, recognise his own tactical shortcomings and get some help in. He can then focus on the man management part of the role.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, parajack said:

We are no worse than the **** side we played??    complacent nonsense.....The fan base have every right to expect their manager & team to at least be able to do as well as Rotherham under PW, a man who wasnt even a manager,.....Look at our League position and the record of teams above us....WW ffs,Accrington Stanley....

Yeah, let’s get rid of the manager because Accrington and Rotherham are above us. A well balanced thought out argument. 

15 games.

I said that at the start of the season and it still stands now, unless we’re in the top 6 after these next 7 games he needs to go.(if we win our game in hand we’d currently be 5th anyway).

It takes time to build something solid after such a huge but necessary overhaul this summer, we can’t just sack a manager every time we have 4/5 bad games.

The creeping concern I have with DM, is that we look really really lost from an attacking stand point. I don’t think he knows what to do with Bannan, clueless with Wing (although he was better today) and he seems obsessed with forcing strikers into wider roles like Paterson & Berahino when it clearly doesn’t work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am impatient by nature but......We need to see where we are after 15-20 games.  It may be too late then for a promotion charge but we can’t keep changing managers.  We did sign 14 players and it takes time to bed in.  The difficulty of getting a new squad to gel and working out your strongest team should not be overestimated.

We would have won yesterday but for an individual error.  You can’t really blame Moore for that!

• Like 3

Just now, Marro said:

I am impatient by nature but......We need to see where we are after 15-20 games.  It may be too late then for a promotion charge but we can’t keep changing managers.  We did sign 14 players and it takes time to bed in.  The difficulty of getting a new squad to gel and working out your strongest team should not be overestimated.

We would have won yesterday but for an individual error.  You can’t really blame Moore for that!

*underestimated