Forest want Palmer.... we must sell !

Guest Garryswfcowl72
1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Been reported this morning that Forest are after Liam Palmer.

If this is the case surely we have to sell.... last year of his contract, never been up to it really although he has improved and just lost his place to Hunt.

Would also allow more opportunities for Dawodo who is a good prospect.

Thoughts ?

We won’t sell he wouldn’t want to go plus he’s a regular in the side plus his versatility is important 

I personally think Liam Palmer is a dependable player who is also versatile in that he can play right back, left back or in a back 3.

If the right offer comes in, which would be around £400k, then I would accept but i wouldn’t sell for the sake of getting rid of him. 

We’ve been building a squad to provide competition and also provide options in the event of injuries. What happens if Hunt gets injured? Pato is not a right back for me and no way I would put Big Dom there as he’s too important at centre back. 

31 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Who is our cover for Hunt if Palmer leaves? 

We’ve 3 players who can play LB (Palmer, Brown, Gibson). 

Lewis Gibson can play right back as well as centre half. 

I’m a big fan of Palmer and think that he’s far better than some Wednesdayites believe, however, no player should be kept if the fee offered is more than his perceived value to the club. We have learnt the hard way that we have to sell players when the price is right. 

I’ll trust Darren Moore on this one.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Been reported this morning that Forest are after Liam Palmer.

If this is the case surely we have to sell.... last year of his contract, never been up to it really although he has improved and just lost his place to Hunt.

Would also allow more opportunities for Dawodo who is a good prospect.

Thoughts ?

My thought are you are talking rollocks.

300 plus appearance a solid 7 out of 10 most games can play left back, right back, centre back and in midfield he is exactly the player we need in the mess we are in financial and wont be on that much compared to others in the squad who contribute a lot less.

He is still the best left back we have at the club and its not his first choice position.

get rid of the also rans first, like dunkley and luongo costing a lot and giving very little to the cause.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We have to learn from previous mistakes - any player in their final year should either be offered a new deal or sold if a decent offer comes in for them. We can't keep turning down good money and then letting players leave for free.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

What do we reckon we'd get for him, then?

It feels like player valuations are all over the place these days.

He's got to be worth at least £500k to a Championship team, right?

If we get offered £400k, I’d take it. But I wouldn’t take any less.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

What do we reckon we'd get for him, then?

It feels like player valuations are all over the place these days.

He's got to be worth at least £500k to a Championship team, right?

He’s easily worth that. He’s an established Championship right back that has played for his country. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure I’d want Palmer to leave without knowing who was coming in to cover at right back. Just had a look how much Forest are wanting for Gabriel as that would seemingly suit both parties but apparently they’re wanting around £700k so I doubt we’d be able to sort any kind of a swap deal. Plus swap deals are notoriously hard to complete. 

B2663764-1DE9-4161-A13C-916757F3BBE9.jpeg

When talking about extending Hutchinson's contract DM said we'd started discussions with other players who are nearing the end of their contract and has previously stated we don't want to be losing valuable players for nothing when their contracts expire.

If we are looking to sell Palmer I would think that either Palmer has declined to discuss a new contract, indicated that he wants to move on or DM doesn't see him as part of his plans moving forward.

Edited by mogbad