Forest want Palmer.... we must sell !

Guest T Hardy

“Scottish international” said like thats a big deal. He’s been dropped for a Motherwell player and a youngster who has barely kicked a ball for Rangers 

1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

All joking aside and how I feel about him as a player - ^^^^ this has got to be the mantra moving forward. It would also be a good deal for him as well as Nottingham ain't that far away from Worksop and family. Win Win all round

Totally agree …….. He’s now a utility player without a position to call his own, he’s in the final year of a very lucrative contract & will be available to leave for nothing aged 30 at the end of the season!

If he’s offered a new challenge, without uprooting his family & can financially secure his future with a new 3 year contract with Forest taking him to almost 33 years old then I can’t see it being anything else but a win win for all concerned!

• Like 2

Also if they want him lets have that young Gabriel from them as a swap. He was on loan in L1 at Blackpool and they thought he was good and have been trying to sign him permanently. Only 22 and looks a good prospect. If Forest don't want him they can have Palmer and we'll have Gabriel. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Owly Mowly said:

I wouldn’t sell - he is so versatile and I thought he had a very good game yesterday.

Id be surprised if Liam wanted to leave - thought he would want to stay with us his whole career 

Nice sentiments but it’s exactly this attitude that’s helped to put us in the mess we’re in financially  …. Whichever way you look at it every one wins!

• Like 2

I think it all depends on if Moore sees him as a long term fixture in his plans. 

Personally it wouldn’t bother me either way. Solid enough performer but could we get by without him? Maybe?

As some have already said his flexibility is an asset but at the same time that flexibility can be at the detriment of the player himself.

Hunt’s a better right-back. If Palmer sees himself as a right-back only, then if the Forest offer materialises then he has to seriously consider it plus a route back into the Scotland set-up is more likely as a championship player.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Some of you don’t have much respect for our players. 

Someone in the league above wants him - but to some on here he’s rubbish…. Makes sense. 

Yea some very insulting comments for a player who has given his all for the club, he certainly is not as bad as some make out. Happy for him to leave if both player and manager feel that is best. An academy success which has been sadly lacking, but we sent him on loan which aided his development. Hope we now do that with other young players and develop more of our own .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Would be sad to see Palmer go though, part of the furniture 

That's part of the problem. Stiil too many here who "are part of the furniture", and a part of the failure of the last four seasons. 

Too many players have got too comfortable. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, kristmace said:

If they're willing to pay a fee then we should probably let him go. 

Great servant to the club all these years but he's not getting any younger and he's been bang average the last 2-3 seasons. 

Yeah, Palmer's really improved in recent years and is an average Championship squad player these days.

I imagine he'll be behind Hunt at right-back if he stays, and I suspect Moore might want a natural left-footer at left-back as things develop, but we need depth in the squad. If he leaves, we look a bit light at right-back again.

If Forest really are keen on him, then we need to ensure we get a decent fee in order to allow us to replace him.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Nice sentiments but it’s exactly this attitude that’s helped to put us in the mess we’re in financially  …. Whichever way you look at it every one wins!

Signing a new contract and keeping a good dependable International with over 300 appearances for his boyhood club would also be a way everyone wins. UTO 

• Like 3