Forest want Palmer.... we must sell !

48 minutes ago, damianb1 said:

A lot of people's responses in here are part of the reason why we are where we are and have only really been close to returning to the top division once or twice in the last 20 years. Palmer is nowhere near good enough. He might be a great bloke and an owl through and through but ultimately we don't pay him (when we do pay him) for either of those qualities. We pay him for his ability as s footballer which isn't anywhere near good enough. The playoff final season was the only time we've really got close to returning to the top flight and it's no coincidence that Palmer rarely player that season. Thinking back to the last time we were promoted from this division he wouldn't have got in the reserve squad that season let alone the first team . If an offer comes in of more than £750k I'd be happy to accept that considering his age ability and contract status, if not like others have said we need to be getting him tied down to a longer contract on affordable terms.

Aye, all them managers who've played him, given or recommended contract extensions ain't got a clue, proper weird that innit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, VernonJam said:

I thought he played well yesterday, he was up against a decent winger who got no assists and no goals.. job done for me

I thought so too.

Looked more confident than I have seen him for a long time. Got forward well, defended effectively. Looked more of a leader than I've seen from him before... something we're going to need given the influx of new players we've had this year.

Don't get me wrong, not the best player in the world but I can't imagine that the money we'd make on him would make an enormous difference to our situation.

• Like 2

Palmer is a good solid, if unspectacular, performer who has been a good servant to the club over the years 

I think we should let him go if he wants- he’s not irreplaceable - but we should hold out for at least £ 500k.

We certainly don’t want him leaving on a free at the end of the season

Palmer can go for me, if we get a decent fee , say 500k,  and if he wants to go. Of course he may be on high wages in spite of relegation in which case we might be prepared to accept less. Playing in the Championship will enhance his chances of more international caps.

1 hour ago, damianb1 said:

A lot of people's responses in here are part of the reason why we are where we are and have only really been close to returning to the top division once or twice in the last 20 years. Palmer is nowhere near good enough. He might be a great bloke and an owl through and through but ultimately we don't pay him (when we do pay him) for either of those qualities. We pay him for his ability as s footballer which isn't anywhere near good enough. The playoff final season was the only time we've really got close to returning to the top flight and it's no coincidence that Palmer rarely player that season. Thinking back to the last time we were promoted from this division he wouldn't have got in the reserve squad that season let alone the first team . If an offer comes in of more than £750k I'd be happy to accept that considering his age ability and contract status, if not like others have said we need to be getting him tied down to a longer contract on affordable terms.

Yeah.

People on the internet expressing opinions on whether or not to sell Liam Palmer to a team in a higher division are the reason we are not in the Premiership.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

His versatility across the back line has been valuable.  

If he does go - and if a fee is offered it has to  be considered - who becomes right back if Hunt picks up a knock or suspension?

Based on our business this summer, I expect Moore would want guarantees that he could bring in another RB before sanctioning a move for Palmer. It’s notable that we’ve got our business done very early this summer - not just for us, but for any club - so I think Moore will want any outgoings sorted promptly to give us a good chance to sign a decent replacement and to give them time to settle in

• Like 3

2 hours ago, beswetherick said:

Palmer is a solid player who’ll put in a 7/10 performance pretty much every game and can do a job at left back or centre half if needed.

However… he’s 30 next month, his contract ends next summer, he’s got Hunt ahead of him at right back, and we’ve got Brown and now Gibson who are both left footers for the left back role.

If we can get a decent-ish fee for him and sign a promising young right back on lower wages to eventually succeed Hunt, then I think it makes sense for all parties to thank Palmer for his service and wish him all the best for the future. I trust Darren Moore to make the right decision for the club. 

We were so successful last year player centre back at left back.

There is other crap that needs cutting from the squad Dunkley and Luongo add nothing to the squad than injuries and cost both should be gone.

Unless its a silly multimillion pound deal then its a no.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

My thought are you are talking rollocks.

300 plus appearance a solid 7 out of 10 most games can play left back, right back, centre back and in midfield he is exactly the player we need in the mess we are in financial and wont be on that much compared to others in the squad who contribute a lot less.

He is still the best left back we have at the club and its not his first choice position.

get rid of the also rans first, like dunkley and luongo costing a lot and giving very little to the cause.

You can add

Never injured or suspended 

great pro

Does a lot for kids and  the community and is an asset to the club 

won’t be on too much for what he brings to the table and 

never understood the stick he gets from some of our fans 

Palmer is what every player needs to be consistent 

it’s the match winners we need around him that need to step up not Palmer in my opinion 

• Like 4