Forest want Palmer.... we must sell !

I think he's wasted at left back, whilst he defends well, he doesnt look comfortable on the ball and it disrupts our balance going forward.

I cant see him playing instead of Hunt at right back so for the right offer I'd sell.

29 years old last year of contract, now is last chance to sell him for any sort of decent amount.

• Like 3

We are stuck in the pickle that he is in the last year of his contract. We need the money and if the offer is right then I guess we will sell.

he is a steady player, experienced and Wednesday through and through. Would also be pleased if his contract gets a year added to it and he stays

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Dunkstar said:

Not a Palmer hater by any means, I think he's been a solid, reliable servant to the club over the years.

But it Florist are offering anything over 300k then it's got to be a no brainer.

I would hope we could get more than 300k for him!

Guest T Hardy
19 minutes ago, Kevan said:

Never been a fan of Palmer.  So many times when caught upfield and the opposition counter attack on his side, he jogs back as if tomorrow will do.  Simply not enough effort or urgency.

Let him go.

Yep I always say this too which is why I take issue with those who say “he always gives his all”, he really doesn’t when he’s supposed to be tracking back

He gets a free ride because he’s an Owl, that’s all. I think League One is his level, and we have better players in his position(s) currently so any offer for him I’d let him go 

8 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

In principle I'd sell. 

Lost out too much by not selling players.

Palmer been a good servant but sentimentality has done for us.

In my opinion he's not so good that he's irreplaceable.

I think that’s the point Isn’t it, he’s been a great servant for the club and is fairly solid at what he foes but as you say he’s not so good that he’s irreplaceable as long as the offer is fair.

Edited by Spookone
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, T Hardy said:

Yep I always say this too which is why I take issue with those who say “he always gives his all”, he really doesn’t when he’s supposed to be tracking back

He gets a free ride because he’s an Owl, that’s all. I think League One is his level, and we have better players in his position(s) currently so any offer for him I’d let him go 

Spot on ..and Green can go with him no extra charge..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Been reported this morning that Forest are after Liam Palmer.

If this is the case surely we have to sell.... last year of his contract, never been up to it really although he has improved and just lost his place to Hunt.

Would also allow more opportunities for Dawodo who is a good prospect.

Thoughts ?

Just lost his place to hunt?

he’s started both games on the opposite side or have you not been following 

For this reason shows why palmer has more value to the squad than what people give him credit for 

he is a very dependable and reliable player versatile of playing anywhere across the back will be on relatively low money 

and despite not being the most exciting of households name he is consistent and was in the league above 

plus he is one of our own, and a senior pro now on a relatively young squad 

you couldn’t replace palmer for what you would get for him 

it’s not all about the starting 11 ( which he is in ) or the bench it’s about the squad 

unless 2 million plus comes in he stays for me because I think he’ll sign another contract anyway if offered 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Was saying last night you could drop Palmer in a Champions League Final or a Sunday morning pub game and he’d put in the exact same performance in both.

Still not sure whether that’s a good or a bad trait though. 

• Like 1

Would be a good move all round, not too far away for Palmer (isn't he from Mansfield anyway?) championship football and we realise a fee for a senior player, on first team money, who probably would be 50/50 offering a new contract to, if the direction of travel is towards a younger squad. 

Not desperate for him to leave, but would be a good deal potentially.

What a servant the guy has been, proper Wednesday man and will be fondly thought of for a long time.. 

however he’s always been limited ability wise, if we can get a fee for him at this stage in his career let’s take it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Only Wednesday could sign a player to be our centre forward in the Championship and end up using him as our backup right-back in League One.

:duntmatter:

It’s merely transitioning between the medium and long term plans!! :Chansiri:

• Haha 2