Forest want Palmer.... we must sell !

2 hours ago, damianb1 said:

A lot of people's responses in here are part of the reason why we are where we are and have only really been close to returning to the top division once or twice in the last 20 years. Palmer is nowhere near good enough. He might be a great bloke and an owl through and through but ultimately we don't pay him (when we do pay him) for either of those qualities. We pay him for his ability as s footballer which isn't anywhere near good enough. The playoff final season was the only time we've really got close to returning to the top flight and it's no coincidence that Palmer rarely player that season. Thinking back to the last time we were promoted from this division he wouldn't have got in the reserve squad that season let alone the first team . If an offer comes in of more than £750k I'd be happy to accept that considering his age ability and contract status, if not like others have said we need to be getting him tied down to a longer contract on affordable terms.

We are nearer to the northern ford premier league than the English Premier League to blame Palmer is very amusing - thank you.

Not the bloke thats wasted £200m on players to get the club relegated, not the strike force that most games could hit a barn door, or the midfielder who have scored less goals than the defense behind them.

No its a utility defender with over 300 appearances for the club who has played more games, than most of the squad we have had, over the last 5 or 6 seasons, every manager we have had he has been a part of the first team. But what do they know.😂😂😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, fpowl said:

You can add

Never injured or suspended 

great pro

Does a lot for kids and  the community and is an asset to the club 

won’t be on too much for what he brings to the table and 

never understood the stick he gets from some of our fans 

Palmer is what every player needs to be consistent 

it’s the match winners we need around him that need to step up not Palmer in my opinion 

If a player is not scoring and creating loads of assists he get stick.

when we have a squad that includes Dunkley, Green, Luongo who add nothing other than overheads. We have Bannan who has not scored a goal for 60 games, but no its the guy who can play in 4 positions and is ready to play every game that the problem.

they funniest one i read was he was a reason we are not in the premier league😁😁😁😁😁

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We were so successful last year player centre back at left back.

There is other crap that needs cutting from the squad Dunkley and Luongo add nothing to the squad than injuries and cost both should be gone.

Unless its a silly multimillion pound deal then its a no.

Yeah I agree, there are other players who I’d prefer to leave ahead of Liam, including the two you’ve mentioned and probably Paterson as well. They’ll be on a decent wedge and not first choice in their positions as things stand. 

Palmer is reliable, rarely injured, can cover a few positions and by all accounts is a good lad… but, for me, he’s behind Hunt in the pecking order at right back and I prefer a left footer to play at left back. If we can get a decent offer in for Palmer that will allow us to bring in Hunt’s eventual replacement at RB and pocket a bit of cash then I think we’ve got to consider it.

The player himself might decide it’s time for a new challenge as well - he’s 30 next birthday and will want to be playing at the highest level possible. Whatever happens I’m confident Moore will make the decision which is best for the club 

• Like 1

He still too nonchalant for me, it’ll always be a part of his game. There was one incident yesterday where he gave it away in typically cheap fashion and strolled back. Another one where he was far too passive shielding it out fir touch and their player nearly nicked it off him.

Ive always felt he thinks he’s far too safe here. He needs replacing with someone with a bit more bite and determination 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Depends on what they offer.

He's the steady Eddie of the team and have no qualms with keeping him.

Do think his versatility is handy though, particularly over the course of a 46 game league season.

• Like 3

Palmer has clocked up 301 appearances with us which puts him level with Peter Swan. Nearly all those appearances are at Championship level. He's still only 29 (30 next month) and should have a good three or four years left in him.

Why anyone is thinking we should get rid of a player proven at a higher level than we currently are, when we don't have anyone better lined up is beyond me.

For those who think he isn't good enough, every manager since Irvine (with the exception of Dave Jones) thinks otherwise!

• Like 4

Posted this in another thread, but might add more to this one.

At the end of the day you sell, if you need the money in and it's the right deal for the club. We've made this mistake a million times before. Let's not do it again.

I like Palmer, but if the deals right, in the last 12 months of his contract. You do the deal and promote from within, if you need the cover.

Remember we've just signed a lad on loan for a year as well. That can play l/b

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 5

A difficult one. I’d like to think we would be in the market for better so if were able to get someone in before end of august that’s better, he would be good back up. Not necessarily a reason to extend his contract though, would be risky either way.

21 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Depends on what they offer.

He's the steady Eddie of the team and have no qualms with keeping him.

Do think his versatility is handy though, particularly over the course of a 46 game league season.

7 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Posted this in another thread, but might add more to this one.

At the end of the day you sell, if you need the money in and it's the right deal for the club. We've made this mistake a million times before. Let's not do it again.

I like Palmer, but if the deals right, in the last 12 months of his contract. You do the deal and promote from within, if you need the cover.

Remember we've just signed a lad on loan for a year as well. That can play l/b

Agree with both of these.

Would be good to keep his cover for a number of positions but at the same time, if it is a good offer and it seems likely Palmer may leave for free next year then taking the cash would also be a good idea.

Either way it is unlikely to make or break our season. 

2 hours ago, HootHoot said:

Keep him. Should Brown or Gibson get injured, we'd need the cover. 

Whilst our recruiting has been good, all these loan signings are slightly concerning. 

What's to stop clubs recalling them and then really leaving us in the crap? 

The terms of the loan contracts.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

He still too nonchalant for me, it’ll always be a part of his game. There was one incident yesterday where he gave it away in typically cheap fashion and strolled back. Another one where he was far too passive shielding it out fir touch and their player nearly nicked it off him.

Ive always felt he thinks he’s far too safe here. He needs replacing with someone with a bit more bite and determination 

Yep and Hunt got caught up field two or three times that could have cost us a goal. This is going to happen to every player. Bannan missed a sitter that other players would have buried but that why they are playing for a third division team not one of the top 6 in the premier league.

If you could take the defensive ability of Palmer and the attacking threat of Hunt you would have a very good full back.

• Like 2

Depends on the offer obviously but I do want to see us get some fees for players, particularly ones in the last year of their contracts. We need to move towards being more sustainable and that involves selling players at the right time. The right time to let of Palmer could be now