Forest want Palmer.... we must sell !

5 hours ago, room0035 said:

Yep and Hunt got caught up field two or three times that could have cost us a goal. This is going to happen to every player. Bannan missed a sitter that other players would have buried but that why they are playing for a third division team not one of the top 6 in the premier league.

If you could take the defensive ability of Palmer and the attacking threat of Hunt you would have a very good full back.

You’re making things up again 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hunt gets injured... who's stepping in?

He can play right back, centre back, left back... who else can do that in the squad?

For me, what's the point in selling him now when we don't need to?

If we're going to let anyone go I'd much prefer that to be Paterson.

6 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Or extend his contract 

Personally I hope Chansiri has learnt a lesson in running a football club that we’re not above selling people and that it’s a necessary evil. We’ve sold no where near enough players in his ownership. We need to generate revenue somehow. Palmer is far from indispensable, approaching 30 and in the last year of his contact. If we can get somewhere in the region of £750k I’d be happy to see Wednesday do the sensible thing and sell as appose to extending his contract. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Sell.

Last year of his contract. Either offer him a new one or make money on him while we can. This must be our policy moving forward - like we did with Borner even if it was just 100k or so.

Great servant but I’ve never really warmed to him as a player and I think we’re pretty well covered in the full back areas. Plus I’m not a fan of playing a right footer in the left back position. 

500k would be good business imo.

If you think we’re pretty well covered in the fullback areas then you’re watching a different team to me. That’s an area of the team that we need to strengthen. I think we need at least one more fullback. If Palmer leaves then we need at least two more. 

• Like 1

We’d probably struggle to get £500k for Palmer and then you’re left asking yourself the question, could we get a versatile right/left back with that level of experience who’ll deliver stead 7 out of 10 performances most weeks?

The answer is we couldn’t. I’d sooner keep him at the club.

3 minutes ago, shandypants said:

If you think we’re pretty well covered in the fullback areas then you’re watching a different team to me. That’s an area of the team that we need to strengthen. I think we need at least one more fullback. If Palmer leaves then we need at least two more. 

Brown, Gibson, Johnson, Galvin to cover at left back.

Hunt, Iorfa, Paterson, Hutchinson, Dawodu to cover at right back. 

I think we’re quite strong there. 

• Like 2

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Agree on left back but right back is basically Hunt then the kids.. we don’t want to be playing those other 3 there and moving them from centre half or up front 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Out of those listed, there is:

• One actual senior right back who is probably more a wingback.
  • One actual senior left back who has just joined the club. 

All the rest are either under 23s or not fullbacks. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Paterson started out as a right back. It’s actually his most familiar position. Iorfa played over 80 games at right back for Wolves.

Johnson was playing left back last year in the Championship. 

We’d be fine 

Johnson has been brought in as a winger; Paterson hasn’t got a tackle in him; Iorfa is the best centre-half at the club and must be played as one. We’d be exposed. We need another fullback; two if Palmer leaves. 

• Like 1