So how is everyone feeling ?

37 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

I almost hate myself saying this.

but I said the same when Alan Irvine did our rebuild post relegation last time. We have signed a lot of players, and have retained Bannan, iorfa, Paterson etc. I absolutely hate to say this but we look ‘ heavy’ on our expense line again.  I have a very , very horrible feeling we have overcooked financially.

Right now I’d rather know the club was on sound financial footings now and for the future instead of rolling the dice again (albeit on a much smaller scale) chasing promotion. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jim said:

The mood changed the day we signed Peacock-Farrell and Wing. Personally I think it’s 50/50 how the season will go

as I expect some departures still. I’ll be amazed if Bannan’s still here come September 1st? I could see Luongo going as well TBH as it was a surprise that he was on the bench yesterday.

Can you see anyone being interested in Luongo atm? 

He's been out for a whole season and not exactly set the world on fire during his time here. I do like him as a player, but it hasn't really happened yet. 

Suppose he only has one year left on his contract so perhaps someone will take a gamble and offer a modest fee. 

8 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer said:

Thing I’m most pleased with is that we are doing some sensible business in the transfer market for once. Feels much less of a basket case situation. 

DM for me is starting to show why we are lucky to have him

anything to do with paxo not being involved? looks that way

Guest Garryswfcowl72

Think we will be very competitive in this league but we are a good striker away from being promotion contenders IMO otherwise we will come up short we definitely need that cutting edge . Midfield looks strong defensively we look decent but would be happy with another cb for cover.  we will be everyone’s cup final in this league & need this squad to be up for the  fight especially away on a cold Tuesday night it’s not about playing brilliant football that will get you out of this league it’s about being consistent & grinding results out. Ut🦉

Much happier than today than at any time last season. However, we are going to take 10/12 games to start to see the team gel. I think we will be difficult to score against and will grind games out over the first few weeks, plenty of draws and the odd defeat. Come October/November, I expect us to start creating more and more chances and starting to put teams to the sword.

If we gel and gel well, with some player’s excelling, having got regular first team football, there is no reason we cannot be right up at the top of this division.

• Like 1

Seen us at this level too often over the years to have any confidence that we will bounce straight back. I am however confident that the disaster of a 2nd consecutive relegation will be avoided subject to the 6 point suspended penalty not being invoked  (given Clueless's track record I'm not entirely confident of that).

It's going to be a long haul, as this is the biggest single rebuild in my lifetime and DM really does have a massive task ahead.

Edited by Utah Owl
  • Like 1

Think we could do something crazy and get promoted at the first attempt, last year was a car crash for so many reasons.

Starting on zero points is already a boost compared to last season, Iorfa & Luongo are like new signings if they stay fit & they play to their level both are too good for this division. Bazza again too good for this division likewise Wing.

We’ve added a better goalkeeper, youth and creativity in midfield (we no longer have to play Pelupessy) and I get a sense the players actually want to be here now.

We will be a big scalp this season but if we click and have a bit of luck on the injury front can’t see many better squads than ours.

Charlton first up Stockley from Preston and Sean “flair” are their main signings so far, they’ve lost their top goalscorer to Birmingham and they expect to be challenging, think we will be tough to beat this year and I expect us to be in and around the top 6 all season.