So how is everyone feeling ?

Guest T Hardy

I think it’s quite rare isn’t it that a team makes as many changes as we have and then has huge success immediately? I think playoffs would be good for us, I’m not expecting anything more 

Much more excited and optimistic than a few weeks ago.

I like Moore and I like what he's trying to build here, some really good signings and if it all clicks it could be a good season.

No expectation from me, I know a lot are talking about promotion, I think we might just not quite have enough compared to others in the division.

Biggest thing for me will be fans being back week in week out.

Credit where credit is due!

I was demoralised last year, with a low point coming when there was confirmation of Shaw leaving.

let’s be honest we expected to go down last year and it was always going to be an uphill battle.

This is starting to feel like a new era! In Darren Moore we have someone who obviously knows these leagues and people want to play for, some of the signings are exceptional for this level.

Having not wanted to watch football towards the end of the season I feel enthused about the future (yes I know it’s running before we can walk) but we seem to be turning the tide and that’s the important part.

Congratulations Mr Chansiri, you have undoubtedly made some major mistakes in your time so far with the owls but you appear to have made some moves the repair the damage in appointing DM and allowing him to do his job

Blind optimism but I’m really looking forward to this season

3 hours ago, Garryswfcowl72 said:

Think we will be very competitive in this league but we are a good striker away from being promotion contenders IMO otherwise we will come up short we definitely need that cutting edge . Midfield looks strong defensively we look decent but would be happy with another cb for cover.  we will be everyone’s cup final in this league & need this squad to be up for the  fight especially away on a cold Tuesday night it’s not about playing brilliant football that will get you out of this league it’s about being consistent & grinding results out. Ut🦉

This. 

But where do you get a 20 plus goal Scorer for no money ?? We can’t. So we’re looking for a free transfer that manages to fire for us, difficult task 

Moore is doing an excellent job so far. 

Considering how bad things have been, it certainly feels like we have turned a corner.  

The signings we have made have far exceeded what I thought would happen this transfer window.  

A lot of wheeling and dealing, but we are making great strides forward. 

Looks like Moore is going for a full on rebuild.  

To start with we have to accept the embargo in place and only frees and loans. So.... As it stands right now without any decent striker coming in. Mid table may be below..... GOALS !!!! Should have put more of the money in to a goal scorer. Right now (unless we go on to bring in some goal scoring pedigree) we have not learn the lessons of last season! Windows when fit again and Patterson are streaky strikers that's all we have. New guys are wingers and a new striker who doesn't score. Finishers not fancy wingers who don't put it in the back of the net regularly. You can defend well you can be good in midfield but if you don't score you draw.... You draw too many you loose you loose too many you go down! That was last season. If kept fit windass and Patterson can keep us up because of the level but we need real quality to do anything...... You can play exciting football you can play beautiful football but if you can't score goals it all goes bad.

Who knows we might get a suprise and that would make a huge difference in combination with the other new players. Just worried we struggle and don't get in someone until last minute or not at all..... If this league is like last time they bite and scratch and like any league to play beautiful football you need real quality all the way through!  

We will see....... I hope the budget we have left has a big chunk left for more up front

It's not going to be a fast start I feel, patience will be needed but we absolutely have to give it and back him now which everyone seems to be. 

This squad needed freshening up massively with quality young hungry players for years, not ones looking for a final paycheck. And finally we've had that so looks like it could finally be more promising times ahead and football actually worth watching again!

I can see us slowly improving throughout the season and making it into the playoffs. Once you hit form in this league there is nothing to fear.

On 02/08/2021 at 21:13, Bouncing Owl said:

. Getting the front 3 working and productive will be key to our success this year and we still need to bring in at least a couple in these areas. 

I think that will be the key. Getting the wingers to play as forwards and not midfielders for the most part, otherwise it will become a 4-5-1 setup.

We've never really ever had success playing this way which is my concern, but it's a fresh bunch of players and manager who knows how to play it. And with the attacking wingers we've signed it looks ideal to let them get forward and not worry as much about defending.

We desperately needed a change in approach and formation so hopefully this can be the start of our turnaround now.

Peacock-Farrell and Wing are unbelievable signings in League One, still can't believe those have come. Moore must have one heck of a lot of pulling power when it comes for young players wanting to play for him. Would've been well happy to sign them in the Championship last year.

Dread to just think of the signings we'd have been making if Pulis was the one still in charge!

2 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

I think that will be the key. Getting the wingers to play as forwards and not midfielders for the most part, otherwise it will become a 4-5-1 setup.

We've never really ever had success playing this way which is my concern, but it's a fresh bunch of players and manager who knows how to play it. And with the attacking wingers we've signed it looks ideal to let them get forward and not worry as much about defending.

We desperately needed a change in approach and formation so hopefully this can be the start of our turnaround now.

Peacock-Farrell and Wing are unbelievable signings in League One, still can't believe those have come. Moore must have one heck of a lot of pulling power when it comes for young players wanting to play for him. Would've been well happy to sign them in the Championship last year.

Dread to just think of the signings we'd have been making if Pulis was the one still in charge!

Pulis would have been signing Premier players 😉

How am I feeling? 

Bloody tired and achey. Lots of headaches. 

What are my thoughts on Wednesday's prospects this season? 

I'm optimistic of a positive season with nice attractive football and a dynamic philosophy with Moore at the help. A plan a and a plan b in terms of formation and playing styles. 

Quietly optimistic that we can avoid the abject mediocrity of our previous two debuts in League One.

Moore seems to know what needs adding to the squad and is going about working on it. The new signings have a lot of potential, but may well take time to bed in. Hopefully in the meantime, our experienced backline and spine (if we add Gregory) can hold the fort and make us difficult to beat, if not free-scoring, while they get up to speed.

I just hope Chansiri maintains a watching brief and doesn't sack Moore a dozen games into the season, or - heaven forbid - decide not to pay the players again.

Regardless of how well i think we will do on the pitch this season i think im most optimistic that we have a manager in charge that we can all get behind and that there is a feeling of positivity within the fan base again.

Its just nice to actually want to go back and actually have a bit of pride back in the club