Tom Lees to play on Sunday?

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

When a player plays for us we focus on the few stupid errors he makes, or on his weakness.

Lees has many more strengths than he has weaknesses. He’ll be an excellent acquisition for Huddersfield. 

I agree, just saying that we do know what his weaknesses are so should exploit them.

2 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

Money grabbers both of them, could have signed earlier and saved us paying them a month in lieu

Or WBA or Hudders woukdnt sign them till Aug to get out of paying extra....even though both have money, unlike us.

Now all Hudders need is a kit to fit muscle man Lees. 

2 hours ago, BridportOwl said:

Let's hope he does play and we can target his awful back passes and pressure him - shame we have no forwards.

This.. without doubt Lees is the most nervous player I’ve ever seen with the ball at his feet, to pull on the Wednesday shirt 

1 hour ago, ashamanic said:

I can't imagine the West Brom fans are too happy about this.  They have to be wanting to go straight back up and Reach shouldn't be anywhere near a team chasing promotion after his performances for the past couple of years.

Probably so . .. however some players thrive with quality around them on the pitch . That’s not happened in a while at S6.
Just like you’re average bloke in the street , all footballers deal with their situation differently to the next person

Huddersfield's manager used to work for Bielsa and has been trying to get them to play that similar, play-out-from-the-back, high pressing, hard running style. Fine players as they are in a system that works for them, I don't see how Tom Lees and Jordan Rhodes would fit in under these plans.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

They are paid professionals and Sheffield Wednesday are not a charity.

What do you expect them to do?

Well we've been making some very charitable donations to their retirement funds for several years now based on their performances!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Huddersfield's manager used to work for Bielsa and has been trying to get them to play that similar, play-out-from-the-back, high pressing, hard running style. Fine players as they are in a system that works for them, I don't see how Tom Lees and Jordan Rhodes would fit in under these plans.

According to some things I've read from Huddersfield fans, he doesn't have a style of play.

From what I saw last season of them they were very lucky not to get dragged into the bottom three.

Lees seems to me to be a bit of a desperation signing for them. They let Stearman go in the summer and Lees is no better than him.

Funny one udders. Read the other day some super computer had them as one of the favourites to go down. Don’t know who else they have signed, but Lees and Rhodes are a big gamble. IF their manager can get them playing it’s two really good signings. If they get the two players we have had for the last two years they are in big trouble. Would be nice to wave to them as we sail past them next season though

16 hours ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Straight replacement for Brunt😉

I bet some WBA fans will think getting a SWFC left sided player is a good omen after the career Brunt had. Sadly, despite early promise, Reach proved a massive let down - not fit to lace Brunt’s boots as the phrase goes.

He’s bound to catapult them to promotion now I’ve said that!

21 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

I bet some WBA fans will think getting a SWFC left sided player is a good omen after the career Brunt had. Sadly, despite early promise, Reach proved a massive let down - not fit to lace Brunt’s boots as the phrase goes.

He’s bound to catapult them to promotion now I’ve said that!

Whilst scoring worldies....

12 hours ago, Plonk said:

Funny one udders. Read the other day some super computer had them as one of the favourites to go down. Don’t know who else they have signed, but Lees and Rhodes are a big gamble. IF their manager can get them playing it’s two really good signings. If they get the two players we have had for the last two years they are in big trouble. Would be nice to wave to them as we sail past them next season though

They both we see these moves as final pay cheques and won’t have to move too far to collect them.