Tom Lees to play on Sunday?

6 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Money grabbers both of them, could have signed earlier and saved us paying them a month in lieu

Imagine doing that to an employer who failed to pay you properly several times during the past year, eh?

I've just been reading about the lack of goodwill towards Chansiri from the fanbase; I can't imagine many ex-players are his biggest fans either.

Unfortunately, the culture he created around the club comes back to bite him, and the rest of us, on the arse.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Money grabbers both of them, could have signed earlier and saved us paying them a month in lieu

Pretty sure even if they signed for clubs earlier, DC would have still have needed to make up the difference between the new deal and the huge wages they were on while at our place for this month. I possibly could be wrong on that, but im sure its part of the rules from the older days before mega wages were being paid.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

I guess you are relatively new to planet Earth, so firstly, Welcome. Enjoy your stay.

The way contracts work in football is that they tend to always run until the end of June. At this point the player is free to sign for another club. However interested clubs tend to hold off signing said player until August, knowing that previous club is contractually obliged under league laws to pay the additional one months salary. This isn't something the player has asked for but it obviously suits the players new club.

I hope that helps.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Imagine doing that to an employer who failed to pay you properly several times during the past year, eh?

I've just been reading about the lack of goodwill towards Chansiri from the fanbase; I can't imagine many ex-players are his biggest fans either.

Unfortunately, the culture he created around the club comes back to bite him, and the rest of us, on the arse.

Imagine been an employee and turning out abject shybo performances week in week out and expecting to be paid.😂

1 hour ago, BridportOwl said:

Let's hope he does play and we can target his awful back passes and pressure him - shame we have no forwards.

When a player plays for us we focus on the few stupid errors he makes, or on his weakness.

Lees has many more strengths than he has weaknesses. He’ll be an excellent acquisition for Huddersfield. 

• Like 4