England winning on Sunday

if england lose on sunday it will have no real impact on my evening , if we lose at charlton it'll be a  well wazzed  off saturday night ........i would think most clubs supporters would think the same. 

• Like 2

I really like this team. They make me feel like a 10 year old again, running around Wincobank Hill with my Admiral kit and tracksuit on. That for me has been more than I could have ever expected from an England team.

I am jaded with Wednesday and close to the end of my tether with them, lets hope the next 12 months can be different.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Being honest, England winning has always given me more than Wednesday. 

There’s just a different feeling of elation for me when the national side do well, you can’t compare it to anything. 

Wednesday getting promoted etc is obviously great, but England winning the World Cup would just put me on a different feeling of emotions. I’d probably cry for days. 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Would England winning on Sunday make what we've endured last season any easier to stomach? 

A win will be a shot in the arm for football in England, and many kids will rekindle their love for the game. 

whether SWFC take advantage of this, we’ll see 

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, Stu said:

Would England winning on Sunday make what we've endured last season any easier to stomach? 

Yes. I’ve totally fallen out of love with this Wednesday team but England have given me my thirst for football back. Come on England!

No.

The feeling watching England and watching Wednesday isn't the same.

If we win on Sunday I'll be pleased, I'll enjoy watching Harry Kane pick the trophy up.

I genuinely will feel 100 times happier if Wednesday nick a winner at Charlton though.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, bigsheff said:

England winning on Sunday might be a once in a lifetime experience.

I’d take a season in league two to share England winning the euros with my dad & daughter.

Amen to that 
Thankfully it's not the case that the two things have to be linked

We can (hopefully) have the Euros and maybe even PROMOTION (dare I say that?) in the same season!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

10 hours ago, torryowl said:

if england lose on sunday it will have no real impact on my evening , if we lose at charlton it'll be a  well wazzed  off saturday night ........i would think most clubs supporters would think the same. 

I'm the same to an extent. If England lose a qualifier I'm slightly annoyed but not the same as the usual disappointment of a Saturday evening when Wednesday lose. When it comes to the tournaments though it means a lot more to me.