England winning on Sunday

Well I was telling myself the other night prior to kick off that I didn't really care either way but I strangely came under pressure during the game and by the end it was quite evident I did care. I'll try not to get my hopes up, but that'll be right out of the window I reckon.

As for the Wednesday angle? There's nothing can make up for our misfortunes.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Did England winning the World Cup in 66 make up for us losing the FA cup final the same year?

Nothing has ever made up for that, nor for Arsenal in '93 either.

• Like 1

Just now, bladeshater said:

England don't bother me never have would sooner watch our u18s win the league than England win the world cup 

I have been like that the last few years but Southgate and this group of players really have remedied and repaired everything that was wrong with England 

• Like 6

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I have been like that the last few years but Southgate and this group of players really have remedied and repaired everything that was wrong with England 

Enjoy it then pal for me football starts in August

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Stu said:

Would England winning on Sunday make what we've endured last season any easier to stomach? 

It might make me not think about next seasons inevitable doses of poo our Chairman has lined up for us for a little bit.

42 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This for me, I usually get behind England but secretly can't wait for them to get knocked out so I can properly enjoy the tournament,  but this set up, although Southgate would never have been my first choice, has won me over, and even if we don't win on Sunday, has at least given the county something to celebrate and believe in. 

The team improves year on year, got to the semis of the World Cup, the final of the euros, and only a year to wait until the next World Cup surely gives the players the confidence and belief to be actual contenders for the biggest prize in football. 

I think, as well, that having an English manager, who's played for England, and suffered with England, makes it more special. It clearly means a lot to Southgate. Arguably more than the likes of Sven and Capello, who were taking just another high profile manager's job. And for me it should have to be an English manager, the players have to be English (in some way) so why not the management as well? 

Win or lose on Sunday, and despite what some people say, the country has a team to be truly proud of for the first time in years! A team that's playing for each other and not just putting on a shirt, but at least appear to be playing FOR their country. 

COME ON ENGLAND!!!

• Like 3