BREAKING - CHANSIRI STATEMENT

11 minutes ago, morganowl said:

that will only happen if we are given a 12-20 point penalty and chansiri withdraws funding , his statement suggests that wont happen. 

We are under a transfer embargo and have barely any players.

Our 'recruitment team' (hah!) haven't managed to sign a player who actually improved our squad for several years anyway.

According to the Athletic today we have a reputation as a club no decent player wants to sign for anyway.

We are continuing to haemorrhage money hand over fist and can't even pay our own players on time.

What about Chansiri's previous record of staggering incompetence makes you think he can manage to not get us relegated again?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

So what do you suggest ?

I don’t know mate, I wish I did. However that doesn’t mean I have to believe another word that c##t  comes out with. 

I just wish we cared about our club as much as Liverpool and Man United fans care about theirs but we don’t. 

• Like 1

He has us over a barrel, he runs the club how he wants and has made a right old mess of it on and off the field. He says sorry it's my fault and want us to trust him to get it right. If it was a supermarket we would shop elsewhere, but he knows we won't. So until he gets fed up and sells or winds swfc up completely.,We are stuck with him. A bleak future awaits.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Here's what REALLY happened mate..

The impact of late wages to players is still significant, however, as one former Wednesday player recalls: “I know people sit there and say these players are earning thousands of pounds every week, but everything’s relative.

They’ll have £1 million houses, because they can, and their mortgages will be high. So they still risk defaulting.

There were five or six of us who were paid on time. Anyone paid over a certain level didn’t get paid on time. That affected people. It really did.

“I was walking into the training ground complex, through the car park and one of the staff members turned around to me and asked if I’d checked my bank account that morning, ‘Have you been paid?’ I checked and I had, but loads hadn’t.

We were due to travel down to London for a game, so you had players that morning, a Friday, saying they weren’t going to travel until they were told what was going on with the money they were owed. It was a shambles.”

Interesting, where’s this from mate? 

Guest whowantstoberich
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Stop posting for ten minutes and go read the 'PLEASE READ" thread in matchday section from start to finish

Right I know being paid late isn’t good and is an inconvenience however it is different to not being paid at all which is what people try twisting it as. 

However, it is also not acceptable to give bad performances. If you’re that bothered don’t get on the bus to the game.

Just now, whowantstoberich said:

Right I know being paid late isn’t good and is an inconvenience however it is different to not being paid at all which is what people try twisting it as. 

However, it is also not acceptable to give bad performances. If you’re that bothered don’t get on the bus to the game.

Stop posting for ten minutes and go read the 'PLEASE READ" thread in matchday section from start to finish

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Tbh it's the perfect opportunity to turn to a community based approach. Back to basics.

Can't see it, we won't know about the plan, as it won't be communicated.

We won't know the plan until next season's Football Manager comes out and Att tells his dad what it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

Don't let this statement fool you. Trust the years of evidence through our horrendous stagnation. This man has damaged our club and owns our stadium.

Exactly it's gonna take a hell of a lot more to convince the majority of fans that DC has either the will or ability to turn this awful situation of his and his alone making around.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I can pledge that as chairman, I will give everything I can and offer as much support as possible to everyone as we try and achieve promotion at the first attempt. There are issues we must address in the short and long term and some things will not happen overnight.

Why is this specific statement not encouraging at all?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

We won't know the plan until next season's Football Manager comes out and Att tells his dad what it is.

That's a fair assumption given the athletic article.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Imagine being a season ticket holder STILL waiting for a refund and reading that statement from the chairman tho?

I’m in that boat and getting told by some ham shanker on here that I don’t understand the severity of the situation and that I’m complicit in causing it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

As your owner and chairman, I take full responsibility for everything that happens at our club. I am the leader and in good times or bad, the responsibility for Sheffield Wednesday lies with me. I am sorry to you all that we have been relegated.

This was never what I anticipated when I came to Hillsborough in 2015, my vision was to take Wednesday into the Premier League. We came so close in 2016 and then again in 2017 and since then the times have not been so good at all.

In football, in sport, there are highs and there are lows and right now, this is the lowest I have felt and I know you will be feeling the same. There are no guarantees in football, we have tried our best but our best was not good enough. We must now face the reality of what lies ahead and for next season at least, that is League One.

We must pick ourselves up from the floor and move forward in a positive way. We have had plans for both scenarios and now our immediate future is clear, we can start to put those plans into place.

I can pledge that as chairman, I will give everything I can and offer as much support as possible to everyone as we try and achieve promotion at the first attempt. There are issues we must address in the short and long term and some things will not happen overnight.

Darren Moore will be the manager for sure and the moment I mention Darren’s name, I must wish him all the very best as he continues his recovery from illness. Health must come before anything else, as this past year has taught us more than ever.

I would like to say thank you to the coaching staff who stepped up in Darren’s absence and also to everyone who has worked so hard during what has become one of if not the most challenging season in the history of Sheffield Wednesday.

It has ended in the worst possible way but we have to look for the light at the end of the tunnel. We will rebuild on the pitch, and off it, the day when fans return cannot come soon enough. I say thank you to our fans, it has been soulless without having you following the team home and away and I know all clubs say the same but we have missed your support so much.

Like all of you, I hope that life can return to normal soon and in football, that will mean having our fans back into Hillsborough and following the team around the country in the numbers that you do.

You do not deserve this end to a season that in so many ways we will want to forget but in others we can look back on in time as a turning point for the revival of our club.

Gi' negs back

FFS

27 minutes ago, Truth is out there said:

Have you decided whether it’s vacuous trite patronising glib fatuous cliched elephantine “ballsack” yet ?

indubitably

nice to crack the spine on the thesaurus tho innit lol

Edited by Mr. Tom