BREAKING - CHANSIRI STATEMENT

Just now, WhiteOwl91 said:

Well I for one am gobsmacked he’s admitted responsibility. 

If there’s one thing to come out from this complete shower of shiiiiiite, let it be that HE FINALLY TOOK RESPONSIBILITY.

He has always done that

We got relegated

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah - the long term ones - what the hell are they? 

i just wish he never came in the 1st place , id sooner we had a similar project to preston /barnsley etc which wouldnt get the club into debt . today is a very sad day its hit me even though i pretended i was not bothered ,the fact that we came so close to stopping up when we have no right getting anywhere near 10 mins from stopping up 3 weeks ago

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Our chairman says the same kind of thing after he gets us relegated by a 6 point deduction, repeatedly hiring and firing managers, and not paying the players on time and it's 'Ah that's a good statement he's said the right thing!'

Players dropped 29 points from

winning positions, and were here talking about the -6 deduction

Class 

33 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

As your owner and chairman, I take full responsibility for everything that happens at our club. I am the leader and in good times or bad, the responsibility for Sheffield Wednesday lies with me. I am sorry to you all that we have been relegated.

This was never what I anticipated when I came to Hillsborough in 2015, my vision was to take Wednesday into the Premier League. We came so close in 2016 and then again in 2017 and since then the times have not been so good at all.

In football, in sport, there are highs and there are lows and right now, this is the lowest I have felt and I know you will be feeling the same. There are no guarantees in football, we have tried our best but our best was not good enough. We must now face the reality of what lies ahead and for next season at least, that is League One.

We must pick ourselves up from the floor and move forward in a positive way. We have had plans for both scenarios and now our immediate future is clear, we can start to put those plans into place.

I can pledge that as chairman, I will give everything I can and offer as much support as possible to everyone as we try and achieve promotion at the first attempt. There are issues we must address in the short and long term and some things will not happen overnight.

Darren Moore will be the manager for sure and the moment I mention Darren’s name, I must wish him all the very best as he continues his recovery from illness. Health must come before anything else, as this past year has taught us more than ever.

I would like to say thank you to the coaching staff who stepped up in Darren’s absence and also to everyone who has worked so hard during what has become one of if not the most challenging season in the history of Sheffield Wednesday.

It has ended in the worst possible way but we have to look for the light at the end of the tunnel. We will rebuild on the pitch, and off it, the day when fans return cannot come soon enough. I say thank you to our fans, it has been soulless without having you following the team home and away and I know all clubs say the same but we have missed your support so much.

Like all of you, I hope that life can return to normal soon and in football, that will mean having our fans back into Hillsborough and following the team around the country in the numbers that you do.

You do not deserve this end to a season that in so many ways we will want to forget but in others we can look back on in time as a turning point for the revival of our club.

Can't even manage to give us an entertainingly demented rant.

• Haha 1

And fans are willing to dust it off and go again under chansiri. The man is a spoilt brat. high prices. Puts his name on the stand and takes our own initials off. Doesn't pay players. Breaches financial fair play. I can't even put stuff in order as the list goes on...

Like I say even when we were winning I said he was a spoilt brat as he kept threatening fans stating "ill leave" when any of our fans quoted him on what something he didnt like. 

Bolt ye fraud 

Edited by Adamjack
  • Like 6

Guest whowantstoberich
1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Players dropped 29 points from

winning positions, and were here talking about the -6 deduction

Class 

Yes but had we not been given a 6 point deduction we would have stayed up. As crap as we was, there was 3 teams worse 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He has always done that

We got relegated

Not without deflecting blame in another direction at the same time. 

He needs to match his words now. 

Hopefully player situations etc get announced ASAP.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Been wondering this myself for a few weeks. Some of the stuff coming out about the Allams last year was worse than the stuff we’ve read about Chansiri. Yet they assembled the perfect squad for getting out of League One.

thats my only hope what im clinging onto . i very much doubt hull supporters were expecting to be anywhere near been top this season

I feel better for the statement being made. It may come to nothing but.

- we have missed any kind of leadership from the top.I don’t think we’ve had any committed statement like that since post wembley 

- I don’t think the climate is promising for a decent change of ownership. If it was Derby at 5m quid would be a bargain for non tyre kickers. Therefore the suggestion that DC is committed to setting this right is our next best option.  Hull fans probably feel better about the Allams now than 12 months ago. 

- It’s hinted at some changes, hopefully structural ones and that there is a plan in place. 

- importantly there is an apology and an acceptance that this needs to be set right!

It’s what was needed to be said at this time. Whether it comes to pass and whether we rebuild effectively as planned remains to be seen. But I’d be more worried if there was silence and evasiveness over the future and where we go from here.

A huge summer and year ahead. We cannot get stuck in league one. Over to you DC

• Like 3

“There are issues we must address in the short and long term and some things will not happen overnight”.

Yes there are, issues that you alone have created & unfortunately for the club & it's fans issues that are more likely to be amplified rather than rectified while you remain at the club.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Chansiri says that the aim for next season is promotion

The aim for THIS season was promotion

We got relegated

No where in his statement did it say that Moore would be backed with whatever it takes.

So presumably DC will try and do it on the cheap at the same time the fans will be paying Premier league prices.

Well I for one will not be paying £30 to watch division 3 football, £20 is plenty. Until DC goes or he gets in someone who knows how to run a football club I will be voting with my feet and staying away.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WhiteOwl91 said:

Not without deflecting blame in another direction at the same time. 

He needs to match his words now.  

We said that last time

And the time before

And the time before that

And the time before that

And the time before that

And the time before that

And the time before that

And the time before that

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Here it is again so you don’t have to flip back 

As your owner and chairman, I take full responsibility for everything that happens at our club. I am the leader and in good times or bad, the responsibility for Sheffield Wednesday lies with me. I am sorry to you all that we have been relegated.

This was never what I anticipated when I came to Hillsborough in 2015, my vision was to take Wednesday into the Premier League. We came so close in 2016 and then again in 2017 and since then the times have not been so good at all.

In football, in sport, there are highs and there are lows and right now, this is the lowest I have felt and I know you will be feeling the same. There are no guarantees in football, we have tried our best but our best was not good enough. We must now face the reality of what lies ahead and for next season at least, that is League One.

We must pick ourselves up from the floor and move forward in a positive way. We have had plans for both scenarios and now our immediate future is clear, we can start to put those plans into place.

I can pledge that as chairman, I will give everything I can and offer as much support as possible to everyone as we try and achieve promotion at the first attempt. There are issues we must address in the short and long term and some things will not happen overnight.

Darren Moore will be the manager for sure and the moment I mention Darren’s name, I must wish him all the very best as he continues his recovery from illness. Health must come before anything else, as this past year has taught us more than ever.

I would like to say thank you to the coaching staff who stepped up in Darren’s absence and also to everyone who has worked so hard during what has become one of if not the most challenging season in the history of Sheffield Wednesday.

It has ended in the worst possible way but we have to look for the light at the end of the tunnel. We will rebuild on the pitch, and off it, the day when fans return cannot come soon enough. I say thank you to our fans, it has been soulless without having you following the team home and away and I know all clubs say the same but we have missed your support so much.

Like all of you, I hope that life can return to normal soon and in football, that will mean having our fans back into Hillsborough and following the team around the country in the numbers that you do.

You do not deserve this end to a season that in so many ways we will want to forget but in others we can look back on in time as a turning point for the revival of our club.

• Haha 1