BREAKING - CHANSIRI STATEMENT

1 minute ago, TheLastSleepingGiant said:

Incredible.

Breaks my heart the number of posters lapping this up.

Is it even a good statement? Not sure it is!

Doesn’t address:

- Lack of any communication for months

- Refunds for 2 seasons worth of football

- Accountability for 5 different coaches in the dugout

- Complete lack of funding for Jan window

- Any acknowledgement that a 6 point deduction has ultimately cost us

An absolutely unfit and improper person let alone football chairman.

#CHANSIRIOUT 

Absolutely!  its actually a pìss take.

The club has been ran into the ground on his watch, we've just got relegated, we've sold our stadium, players not getting paid, fans not being refunded and we are paying ludicrous amounts to watch garbage - yet just because he's come out and made a rallying call we have fans buying into his timeshare.

• Like 2

Just now, gizowl said:

This is the problem now he can't be trusted, okay we've been relegated but that won't stop me buying a season ticket but I need to know my money is going towards putting together a side capable of having a decent season and not eaten up bailing out his incompetent mismanagement. 

Your money will disappear into a supermassive black hole made of incompetence and failure so dense that even light can't escape it's gravitational pull.  It won't even touch the sides.

Remember, 'the fans' money doesn't pay for anything'.

The man who can't even manage to keep the boiler running to stop the expensive new pitch he bought from freezing solid told us so, so it must be true.

I'm not saying don't buy one, like.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

There’s a reason why they bought Grimsby and not Derby or Wednesday. 

Derby much cheaper than us, ordinarily they’d have a decent new owner quite easily in that scenario. Their man is desperate to leave and could see their issues continue 

It's irrelevant

People keep saying nobody would buy a football club yet  people are buying football clubs 

People are saying if our chairman goes nobody would come in - yet EVERY SINGLE TIME wihout fail in our history- someone has always come in (when our fans warned they wouldn't)

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

The statement is fair enough, but now we need to see actions off the pitch (recruit good players) and eventually on the pitch that back this up. I'm glad he's backing Moore, Smith and Williams - and they've got good support from Thompson et al - but it is the positions upstairs that need sorting. We need more than words to sort this malaise out.

In theory we should a lot more staff and resources than many of the clubs in League One, so should be able to find some good players on lowish wages to help with the rebuilding job. This was absolutely crucial in 2003-05 (Brunt, Whelan, MacLean et al) and 2010-2012 (Antonio, Madine, Lines, Llera).

The next 2-3 months will be vital.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Emerson Thome said:

The statement is fair enough, but now we need to see actions off the pitch (recruit good players) and eventually on the pitch that back this up. I'm glad he's backing Moore, Smith and Williams - and they've got good support from Thompson et al - but it is the positions upstairs that need sorting. We need more than words to sort this malaise out.

In theory we should a lot more staff and resources than many of the clubs in League One, so should be able to find some good players on lowish wages to help with the rebuilding job. This was absolutely crucial in 2003-05 (Brunt, Whelan, MacLean et al) and 2010-2012 (Antonio, Madine, Lines, Llera).

The next 2-3 months will be vital.

So he's given another chance you mean? 

The usual platitudes from Chansiri. 

Waste of your breath DC. It's too late. 

Just sell up and let us all get on with trying to get our club back where we want to be. 

He won't change the way he works and the way he thinks. 

He won't employ people to do what he cannot do cos he thinks he can do it all. Until he tells himself he's useless at running a football club and gets some people in who know what they are doing and he let's them get on with it then the club will go nowhere. 

Chansiri has failed and has gone beyond redemption to get the supporters back on side. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OxOwl said:

He cant resign. FOR ******** SAKES.

He could resign as Chairman, he gave himself that title anyway, as there's no board to fuc*ing chair.

If you mean he can't resign as owner, then obviously not, but he could just disappear into the background and let capable people take over... But he won't, because he's an egomaniac.

3 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

Your money will disappear into a supermassive black hole made of incompetence and failure so dense that even light can't escape it's gravitational pull.  It won't even touch the sides.

Remember, 'the fans' money doesn't pay for anything'.

The man who can't even manage to keep the boiler running to stop the expensive new pitch he bought from freezing solid told us so, so it must be true.

I'm not saying don't buy one, like.  

Nobody can tell other fans what to do with their money. 

I do however think the idea of giving this man any more money is utter lunacy. Chansiri hasn’t just wasted our fans support, he’s held it in utter contempt. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1